How does it work, and is it good?

Attached: optane.jpg (425x425, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

officedepot.com/a/products/2774708/HP-17-by0053od-Laptop-173-Screen/
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i3-8130U-vs-Intel-i5-3320M/3225vs817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TOP KEK

It's a hard-drive cache.
If you have a hard drive, it will speed up cache-friendly I/O operations (i.e. bring it closer to an SSD under specific circumstances). If you have a non-shit SSD, it's practically worthless.

officedepot.com/a/products/2774708/HP-17-by0053od-Laptop-173-Screen/

>17.3" 1600x900
>2.2ghz Core i3
>4GB fixed memory
>dvd+r drive
>802.11bgn
wow what a pile of trash

how much are you expecting for 400 bucks?
it's not bad; only real wtf is the lack of ac wifi

I just hope OP isn't expecting it to be a great gaming machine or something

>how much are you expecting for 400 bucks?
a $100 thinkpad btfos that
add $30 more for an ssd and maybe $50 more for an IPS screen

The $600 msrp is enough for a nice machine.

absolutely no way it's worth full MSRP

Twenty-two seconds wort of searching..you're welcome.

Attached: Screenshot_20190413-035215_Firefox.jpg (1080x2220, 714K)

>refurbished

>Refurbished
>screen is 3 inches smaller
>Windows 7

Attached: asuka.jpg (400x567, 39K)

>Windows 7
You're free to install Linux you know.

>2012

>1 year warranty
>refurbished business-grade ThinkPads are like-new
>paying $400 for a brand-new i3 LeapPad that won't rub Offce without choking
>If you can't install Linux or "obtain" Windows 10 for free, yoou have no business being on Jow Forums

Attached: w7.jpg (1069x656, 157K)

>i5-3320M

Attached: 47a7l.gif (220x160, 46K)

indeed it's funny that your shitty i3 has the same performance has a 7 year old dual core processor
btw you can upgrade the thinkpad to a quad core if you want

try again
cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i3-8130U-vs-Intel-i5-3320M/3225vs817

Should have gotten a **20/30 Thinkpad. Maybe lurk more next time, the board has a /tpg/ general

Attached: X220-22.jpg (800x574, 168K)

Those benchmarks are so short they only take "turbo" speeds into account and the newer processor is juiced by intel to excel at that to game reviews and fool idiots like you. In the real world of sustained loads the older i5 will be much faster.

>Refurbished
literally nothing wrong

I saw almost new t470s for that.

I have a laptop with Optane too, and a regular HDD. It was pretty sluggish at first, but over time, for the first month or so, every system start up and frequent program opening started getting faster and faster. Now it boots up in like 10 seconds and stuff like Firefox opens up in a second. Photoshop takes about 10 seconds too.
Not getting any faster than that though

It's the same shit as those "sshdd"s and such. It can cache the OS and some apps but nothing more.

Problem is, Optane is falsely marketed as ram by laptop manufacturers. And to a lesser extent, nvme and Optane are both marketed as faster than sata SSDs when they are the same speed in regular use.

>shitel
>floptane

>400 bucks for that garbage
jesus christ

>And to a lesser extent, nvme and Optane are both marketed as faster than sata SSDs when they are the same speed in regular use.
Ehh, lemme just stop you right there. True nvme and regular SATA drives are pretty indistinguishable but if you have a ton of small writes, Optane literally obliterates the others. Jow Forums is my main board and I wrote a crypto bot that collects data and runs on about 20 exchanges, it also uses matplotlib to throw up a chart on every coin it finds interesting. With a SATA SDD, the computer would lock up regularly on IO wait, tried an NVME drive and it wouldn't lock up completely but it would bog down heavily,
Then I went down to Microcenter and picked an Optane 900P. Shit was like magic. Stuttering, IO wait, bogging down, etc. fucking gone. I despise Intel and feel ashamed to not be running AMD through and through but, understand Optane is not just marketing bullshit. If you have the workload, it delivers.