Jow Forums what do you use for installing and keeping your drivers up to date? I use pic related...

Jow Forums what do you use for installing and keeping your drivers up to date? I use pic related, it does the job really well, it installs only the basic drivers with no control panels or any other shit software, the problem is that this software itself is very botnet, it pops up ads for other software and is constantly scanning my computer for stuff for these ads.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
sdi-tool.org/
dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't update them after a fresh install.

>runs windows 10
>thinks he has to install drivers manually

some drivers don't get automatically installed in windows 10

catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

for those rare instances you get them from the manufacturer's website I guess. What hardware doesn't get installed by win 10?.

Portage

>the problem is that this software itself is very botnet, it pops up ads for other software and is constantly scanning my computer for stuff for these ads
Imagine installing shit like this on your pc

Attached: 1554989828950.jpg (680x680, 29K)

yikes

Then what do you suggest?

>windows
>manually updating drivers
what did OP mean by this?

I don't use a laptop so the only drivers I need to keep up to date are my graphics drivers. Don't need any manager for that.

desu I dont quite know, my laptop has some hardware and controllers that, even after windows update, it shows as unknown device in device manager, in those cases, Driver Booster picks up the drivers. I think they are related to power and the battery

driver booster is bloatware

sdi is the Jow Forums approved free version
sdi-tool.org/

ask toolbar

Ok, thanks I am gonna try that

All driver managers are kind of bloatware though. Many of them also are adware/spyware/whateverware though.

> driver booster is bloatware
I know, I was trying to find an alternative, this one seems cool, I'll check it out, thanks

well laptops are a different story and usually lately been forgetting people use the shit. I guess If I did need some sort of auto driver thing I would probably try driverpack solution first, then probably driver genius. I know it's bloat but if I can't get them manually and Windows won't not much other choice. Make sure you look up the model number of your laptop and go to the main site. Should have all drivers there. That's usually how it used to work when I fucked with them.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

enjoy your botnet

Fuck off apple shill

I don't, when I find one has a problem I update it. If not I leave it alone.

Only chinks and pajeets use this shit.

>some malware updater botnet
You shouldn't install any thing even remotely like that. Hopefully you're not infected.

I have driver updates disabled so every once in a while (a year, two, three) I check the manufacturers website and download any new drivers and software then extract just the drivers make some notes. I don't always install because if nothing is wrong, literally why, but I back them up just in case. I never install a drive that was just released, let other people test it.

pacman -Syu

nixos-rebuild

>Jow Forums what do you use for installing and keeping your drivers up to date?
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

sudo pacman -Syu every few days when I remember to.

Why do you really need to keep any of the drivers but maybe the dedicated GPU ones up to date? Why incels do this?

dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/drivers

You are a lost cause. If I were in your skin 'drivers' would be the least of my worries.

sudo eopkg upgrade

Kind of sucks to see things in your "Device Manager" and see they're not installed. I mean shit if there's hardware in your shit it SHOULD be working. To not have it working is like seeing a light in the dashboard of your car that never turns on. Like your fucking airbag may not be functional and shit.

>inb4 derailing into airbags and shit

Hopefully you get my point.

Use chocolatey

I use Linux so guess what? I don't need to give a fuck about stupid infantile shit like this.

we all know doesn't support any hardware, therefore we know you won't have problems with drivers. gtfo now.

Pacman