Copying data from a drive onto printed paper effectively for later restoration

would it be possible to print out on paper the contents of a drive in a hexadecimal (or binary) series containing all of its information, and then be able to read and then write that sequence onto another drive later to restore the information, without losing the titles of files, the directories, and not have to have to manually restore every singe file printed and labeled with its extension and name provided? if this would be possible, you could theoretically use this to back up information and store it in a non-digital way, and it could be protected from EMPs and other such magnetic pulverisation. of course, the amount of paper required would be massive for any significant amount of data, would require great physical storage space and would cost a lot; it wouldn't be practical but if the printed pages were kept in sequence and protected from weather, fires, and physical damage, then the information could be safe.

Attached: hexadecimal.jpg (900x600, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ollydbg.de/Paperbak/
ollydbg.de/Paperbak/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6UctIrZuz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

There are things like QR Code which allows you to hold data in print. You could probably do this but it could take alot of paper reams to save your collection of anime.

If you have enough paper sure, you'd be retarded to though.

do you have a specific example of such a service, user?

yeah, it takes a crazy kind of person to do something like this, that's why i am interested.

ollydbg.de/Paperbak/

yeah

ollydbg.de/Paperbak/index.html

it's also a joke

does it actually work though?

I posted it first. It's not a joke but it's pretty pointless.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6UctIrZuz4

>I posted it first.
My bad Mr. President.

old computer magazines did exactly that. they would print out programs as thousands of lines of hexadecimal numbers. each line would have a checksum to validate the line (not that early checksum routines were perfect by any means). it's possible. with today's magical OCR tech it'll make life easier. we used to have to type all that shit out by hand and it took forever.

Service? This is a tech board. Roll your own. Making use of uuencode/decode might be good here.

loel, settle down boys, settle down.

and thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for except much better.

Attached: nothing like a fucking good cig.png (514x464, 563K)

i just meant as in a program.

There is none. Kindly fuck off now.

what magazines did you see these in?

compute! gazette

Why do you people spoonfeed the retards who don't even know how computers work?

ollydbg.de/Paperbak/

Just get an M-Disc.