Microsoft's chromium edge now available

microsoft's chromium edge now available

Attached: Capture.png (2474x1665, 2.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Linux_distributions
breitbart.com/tag/newsguard/
newsguardtech.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just downloaded it. It's basically just Chrome now. What was the fucking point of them spending nearly a decade developing the original Edge then? Are they retarded?

Will there be a Mac version?

Edge was mostly built on Trident with the compatibility modes removed.

EXTEND

Sure, why not.

Looks like it.

Attached: Edge_Beta_Platforms.png (987x384, 19K)

>No linux version.
I thought microsoft likes tux now.

Attached: microsoft-loves-linux.png (770x467, 163K)

microsoft should release a linux distro and call it microsoft linux

oh boi

Attached: file.png (354x145, 10K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Linux_distributions

Based Microsoft debloating chrome

Attached: nxRW7na.png (1699x929, 134K)

google botnet removed. microsoft botnet installed

>What was the fucking point of them spending nearly a decade developing the original Edge then?
Now they can push the shit they want into Chromium project and make a UWP version of it.

Removed
Safe browsing
Ad blocking
Spellcheck
Translate

Lel

All that shit relies on Google services, it woudn't have been removed otherwise

Maybe but whats a browser without those? Especially adblocking

Nice advertisement. Mods?

Linux is a kernel. Which operating system do you mean? Do you mean GNU? Do you mean Android?

Adblocking can always be replaced with ublock
Safe browsing is more of a nanny than anything
Spell check will no doubt be replaced with the Windows spell check API or with Bing spell check both would have to be better than the dogshit google spell check API
Translate will most likely be replaced with the Bing translator
I don't even mind MS is replacing some things with there own services just the fact they removed so much Google shit that has no bearing on desktop users is a step in the right direction

>Are they retarded?
Yes.

I just tested it to see if MEGA works.
It does.

this feature is pretty cool

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-13 125702.png (1920x1028, 79K)

based and redpilled

>being this freetarded
you know what he meant, dickhead

Attached: headass.png (645x730, 27K)

IPFS works

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-13 130445.png (1920x1031, 208K)

I can disable sound just by clicking on the speaker icon on a tab. Unlike Chrome.

What, no embrace?

Attached: 1521774717128.gif (350x331, 486K)

Doesn't every Chromium fork offer that?

microsoft: mixed messages is NOT our motto!

fuck, this browser is pretty neato, already uninstalled chrome, go go edge!

does it have the "fake news plugin" which blocks brietbart, but shills CNN...

If yes, then I'll surely get it LOL. I mean, it is a precious chromium based browser. There are not many of those out there.

>ad""""blocking""""
You think Google, the biggest internet advertising company gonna block their own money maker? Just install ublock.

well, they block those spam ads on torrent sites etc.. it's something.

never noticed

The M$ botnet you love. Now with added google botnet.

Attached: 1539986814599.jpg (400x400, 29K)

this.

you can choose to disable the news on the new tab if you really wanted to, and yes you should have removed the politics and featured stories sections.

>thinking google ads are the only type of ads

>you can choose to disable the news on the new tab if you really wanted to, and yes you should have removed the politics and featured stories sections.
I choose to not support products which try to teach the general public what they should think. It doesn't matter if I can disable it or not..

The first thing that pops up when you open the browser is whether you want news in your new tabs or not.
It's an opt-in, not an opt-out.

stfu. it's insulting enough that they try to suggest it to people. Specially since they are blatantly biased against right wing news outlets.

fuck this browser and fuck you too

Are you browsing Jow Forums using CURL or wget, because all browsers have that feature, you nigger.

none of the browser I use has the newsguard plugin (chrome, safari). If they did, I'd uninstall the browser or stop using it.

pic related, literal fuckin 1984 styled propaganda... Microsoft should be ashamed for pushing this shit.

Attached: IZVrFCG.png (920x781, 267K)

A version compatible with the linux kernel so it can in fact, compile on Alpine linux

If the adblocker not blocking the most popular ads out there then what is the point?

for comparison, CNN rating lol. The people who pushed "Russian collusion" lies for 2 years are trustwhorty.

Attached: newsguard2.jpg (1000x600, 298K)

Never heard of it. Probably because I don't visit any news sites.
Consider not being so obsessed with the news.

???

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-13 134801.png (1920x992, 207K)

Maybe to block the more harmful kind of ads? Like actually fucking up your computer kind of harmful.

I don't use windows at all, so can't confirm it either. Read about it on a website or maybe here on Jow Forums..

you obviously have to enable the plugin idiot. You probably opted out on the prompt/setup page.

But do you think retarded boomers are competent enough to uncheck a checkbox or switch a toggle?

g

So basically you're spewing shit out of your ass and no one needs to listen to your opinion right?

So much for "LOOK IT UP DUDE!!!!", what a hypocrite.

sure, its not real breitbart.com/tag/newsguard/

I'm probably delusional, pls send me the Microsoft Edge download link sir.

You don't seem to like it very much when people tell -you- to "just look it up."
You make it seem like installing some software is like giving up your first born to Satan.
Fuck off if all you're going to do is shitpost without substance.

Attached: 1503300936287.jpg (1079x1070, 562K)

>You make it seem like installing some software is like giving up your first born to Satan.
well, I consider promoting "government propaganda as real news" worse than selling your baby to Satan.

propaganda will do more harm for more honest people..

if only it were possible to uninstall software, then maybe I wouldn't need a 10TB hard drive to hold all this stuxnet

ok, now we running in circles? If I know how to opt out and you know how to opt out, does that mean that boomers and tech-illiterate people (who need it most because they are gullible) know how to opt out?

We should all send a message to Edge + Microsoft to fuck off. Specially since its a fucking chromium based browser (there are dozens of those out there)

lmao. what is this shit?! instead of using your brain, you get an addon that tells you what is and isn't bullshit?! you fucking braindead american rats. literally below indian street shitter.

it's fake and if you'd install literally any browser you'd know that none of them have it.

>it's fake and if you'd install literally any browser you'd know that none of them have it.
sure its fake
newsguardtech.com

and microsoft edge shipped it by default, it was opt-out at some point (don't know if they still promote it, don't use Microsoft stuff)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-13 at 20.44.15.png (974x828, 151K)

I've used Microsoft Edge since day 1 and to this day. It has never had it, you're full of shit, and you're a gullible fuckwit.

How can people be so obstinate on stupid bullshit that's so easy to verify?
You're exactly what's wrong with the Internet, election cycle cancer.

wow so hard it's almost as if all I had to do was open a fucken browser

Attached: Annotation 2019-04-13 144827.png (1920x1080, 297K)

t. pajeet shitposter

sorry I don't have anymore time to waste on you.

yes you are right, Microsoft is great, Edge is great, CNN is great. Thank you. Bye.

Go take your shitty CNN and breitbart and go back to r*ddit you faggot.

No I don't. The word "Linux" in reference to anything but the kernel is a marketing buzzword intended to confuse. Microsoft directly profits from this confusion.

>Faces of Autism: The Documentary

>no 32bit build

Amazing........

Attached: chredge.png (1920x1200, 240K)

Yes.

Probably Linux as well:

its pretty decent, and you can add extensions from chrome store so there is that. Its like google chrome with diff style so far

Chrome and Firefox already have that.
I have it set so that I can search YouTube just by typing yt, for example.

internet explorer had that back in the XP days, you had to open up the registry editor though

>You think Google, the biggest internet advertising company gonna block their own money maker? Just install ublock.
Are you living in 2015 still? Google has already declared war on advertisers. Sure they allow advertising still, but they've become a lot more restrictive.

fuck. Edge actually had pretty decent browser video playback with decent vsync. Chrome is shit for that.

>Windows 8 versions coming soon
What a bullshit. You can download Win 10 version, and easily install it on Win 8.