Will learning to code help me with my career in accounting?

Will learning to code help me with my career in accounting?

Attached: 1553026823672.jpg (1000x800, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1F_OgqRuSdI&list=PLGoJzB271_7r-iLYuEHEPJ5pSIYxXjJEn
automatetheboringstuff.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, focus on liberal arts courses so you can make big PowerPoints that obscure how much money you're embezzling.

No.

imagine being this autistic

If you are an accounting get better with visual basic since it's used in excel.

Can you elaborate? Calling someone autistic on Jow Forums is like laughing at someone for being a retard at Down's Syndrome charity event

Depends on what you're doing, might help you automate your books

Learning the basics of programming like variables, if, expressions, calling functions, boolean logic can help alot with excel. It just makes it easier because you have a better idea how to make formulas but also what they actually do.
Plus macros which is programing, vba, install the developer tools because it has a nice editor.

Not really for coding. Learning some SQL and learning how database work will. Also learn some VBA so you can script excel.

If you haven't already, check out "Automate the Boring Stuff with Python" it's targeted towards non-programmers who want to use python for their desk jobs or as a hobby

youtube.com/watch?v=1F_OgqRuSdI&list=PLGoJzB271_7r-iLYuEHEPJ5pSIYxXjJEn

book is free here:
automatetheboringstuff.com/

To be honest I sincerely believe every job and every work department could use a programmer, especially if they ever have to use a computer or punch data in it. Not a lot mind you, just one would be enough in most cases. There's just so many repetitive things that could be automated with some random shells or python scripts. I've seen a honeybee seller keep all his orders in individual text files with the buyer and date as the filename, all across his hard-drive. Whenever he wanted to check or change some data, he'd use the windows file explorer search bar to find the file. There's just so many things that could be improved to make people's life easier, even introducing him to the Everything tool would've saved him god knows how much time.

The honeybee seller sounds like he has an optimized system, which is robust, free, and won't ever fail.

Are you about to recommend he setup some REACT site with a NOSQL database to keep track of records?

No, I wouldn't recommend him set up that himself because he's not a programmer. That's why I was saying having a programmer working alongside him could help. Time is limited, not everyone can learn everything, nor should they. That sort of thing would require not just implementation but also maintenance.

But if I had just 30 minutes I'd probably just set him up with Everything, a better text editor and maybe show him around Excel if he wants. (or Libre Calc, whatever)

Should I get Vim?

SQL would probably help. I'm sure someone keeps a database of sales/revenue in your company.

>I've seen a honeybee seller keep all his orders in individual text files with the buyer and date as the filename, all across his hard-drive.
No frills, platform independent, no surprises. Why the fuck do all you zoomers have to "streamline" everything, making it excessively complicated with ridiculous hardware requirements, in order to do shit?

Learning SQL might. Depending on the company. Small ones especially tend to have everyone touching their database before they learn why that is a very very bad idea.

>ugh why do you want to make your life easier? What do you need syntax highlighting when coding for? What do you need type checking, autocomplete and drop-down boxes? Can't you just write everything in notepad?

You better have typed this on Internet Explorer with no extensions, cunt.

You sound like a power tripping IT manager.

This only makes in large companies where employees don't trust each other have no shared values, and management and workers are literally at war with one another.

Why is it a bad idea for a group of competent people in a high trust environment to all have access to the database?

*only makes sense

>look at all these features I've added, which you never asked for
>It's way better now

Learn the basics of VBA/SQL for excel and access and your pretty much set imo