This is the server room for 420chan (yes the pothead board)

this is the server room for 420chan (yes the pothead board)
thoughts?

Attached: 1555171913501.jpg (3264x2448, 1.61M)

at least it isn't hosted on macminis like Jow Forums is

Look at 7chan, it's probably run on a pre-2010 atom netbook kek

Cool. Thanks for sharing, OP.

based

>420chan
i can smell that room from here

What is the advantage of using am expensive used rackmount computer over a normal consumer PC?

>honoring uncle's birthday
god's weed, anons.

Where’s the bong?

They use the same router as me. Not bad wifi desu

How's their ddos protection?

Attached: 1548153917610.jpg (645x773, 55K)

m00t was a mistake

source

The source is not being a newfag

are you a serial killer?

it works, so what?

I haven't been on dankchan since I was 18 (27 now). I only know of one guy that goes there and he's a fat retard that drives a mustang and has an Asian gf that likes flashing me her pussy.

Surprised they didn't write 4's next to the 20 on all those pieces of insulation.

I can't believe 420chan is still alive.

i was under the impression that he was trolling with that post. by that time Jow Forums was bigger than few mac minis could handle. i could be wrong, though.

cloudflare?

Does a normal consumer PC have 24 cores and 16 slots for RAM?

There's a picture of moot showing his """server room""" a long time ago, which was just some Mac minis and USB sticks for memory in his basement

i know but i thought he was pulling user's leg with that one

Seems about right.

This. There's still a Jow Forums banner which includes a stack of macminis which is how Jow Forums was hosted for years. I mean a lot of the boards are just text.

sad to think we used to have that running the site when what we have now is just greedy jew hiroshima nagasaki

Unironically based.
Why put in more effort than needed if it works?

Surprising how stable it's been over the past decade.

>offloading the heavy lifting to cloudfail
>somehow Jow Forums experts think you still need a whole gym hall worth of servers to run a shitty board
most ok posters apparently really left Jow Forums years ago

Attached: 1553550036385.png (285x313, 228K)

How would a single web server make use of that many cores?

how much of a newfag do you have to be to not remember the time Jow Forums was hosted on mac minis?

Attached: sBLRuZY.jpg (1220x608, 171K)

or rather, does 420 chan really need 24 cores to handle its user base?

>also trips, check 'em
ADMIN ABUSE! ADMIN ABUSE!!

WHAT ANIMAL PUTS SEVER ON THE FLOOR!!!! FUCKING DEGENERATES!!! ITS NOT EVEN THE KITCHEN FLOOR!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I HOPE IT DIES AND TAKES YOU WITH IT, BECAUSE OF THE BLACKHOLE THAT ALL THAT DUST WILL COMPRESS INTO!!!

i feel better now.

Second-hand rackmount servers are cheap due to low demand while offering more power and expandability. If you don't care about the increased noise from faster fans or that they look ugly outside of a rack they're typically the better choice.

the real question is were they G4 Minis or Shitel Minis?

actually while typing that I answered my own question, they were C2Ds, the G4 models had DVI.

bullshit, the led screen is out of place

I hate 420s layout, theres not even a catalogue function for boards. Wish those retards would just convert to infIB already.

Is that pipe on the left some kinda heat exchanger?

I can't believe you are still alive

/minimal/

you're thinking lainchan desu.

you can saturate a core using async/await, and you can saturate multiple cores using thread pools. or just use erlang

>or just use erlang
no way I'm going to use that shitstain of a language. thanks but no thanks.

nice

I'm not telling you what to do I'm just answering your question. most languages have support for coroutines, and when you use them in a threadpool you've basically got a shitty stripped down version of erlang's vm. nothing wrong with that but it's just humorous

it's like you don't even know how to get dubs any time you want

does anyone know roughly how much processing power would require to host a website that say has 100 users online at any given time?

>40+ replies about dumb shit
so er.... what's the hardware and specs?

>98
nice.
>621
very nice.

it's been running for about ten years

so... specs?
not like 420chan has a lot of traffic, but it looks like its bloated so it prolly needs good hardware