>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread:

Attached: Model F.jpg (1024x763, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BenRoe/awesome-mechanical-keyboard/blob/master/README.md
kbdfans.cn/products/kbdfans-72-switches-tester-all-in-one
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the point of keycaps where you have a large key and only a small 'raised' bit like in OP pick

Anyone know who makes a Low Profile TKL Chiclet keyboard?

$120
willing to order globally
low profile linear switches
flat chiclet keycaps
tenkeyless
single color backlight at least

Attached: nostock.png (680x453, 152K)

Apple Magic.

Those don't even have linear switches, try harder next time

Just take out the rubber domes lmao

Finally built my first DIY board.
PCB is a KBD67 (USB-C) with Kailh BOX Whites and the Tada68 plastic case because I'm a cheap cunt, and purple 1.8mm LEDs because backlighting is nice.

Attached: Keyboard.jpg (1040x780, 197K)

How difficult was it to do? I'm thinking about it

If you know how to solder, it's not that hard. I watched a ton of videos and did a couple months of researching into everything I needed beforehand so I could be sure that I was doing everything correctly and in the proper order. IMO the hardest part is just waiting for everything to show up. That and desoldering a switch if you put it in the wrong hole like I did.

Yours turned out really nice. Is there an advantage to getting the solder version over hotswap?

Honestly, no. Hotswap tends to be more expensive and like I said, I'm a cheap fuck. I got the solder-in version because I don't ever plan on changing switches, and if I do, I'll likely just build a new board knowing how easy it is to do.

thank you for holding my hand
also where did you get the PCB from

I got the PCB, case, plate, and switches from KBDFans, got the LEDs from flashquark, and I got PCB-mount stabilizers from novelkeys because the KBDFans 65% plate isn't compatible with plate-mount stabilizers.

Oh and I got the keycaps from pimpmykeyboard because I wanted those custom colours and that 1.75U Escape key

thanks user good info and yours turned out well

Attached: anime wink thumb up.gif (479x270, 482K)

Attached: pl2board.jpg (2000x1333, 925K)

Are they PC compatible? I also need wired for better input

Whats the best looking split which is atleast 50%

github.com/BenRoe/awesome-mechanical-keyboard/blob/master/README.md

found this link while lurking, we could ad it to the General and replace the zombie link

cute

Attached: IMG_20190413_150714.jpg (4032x3024, 2.97M)

>he bought a sig knockoff
>still using filco

Attached: IMG_20190413_163644050.jpg (3264x1836, 1.44M)

>he bought a S&W knockoff
>still using domes
Whuttup muh boi

Attached: two key.jpg (2000x1333, 1.04M)

>.40 SNAP & Welfare

yeah i can't hear you over my triple action that i don't use bc i don't trust it

bet you've never even felt oneness with the cup rubber

Attached: DSC_9152[1].jpg (1800x1200, 1.13M)

It was a cheaper and inferior alternative to stabilising larger keys with something like a wire or a second “dummy” shaft/switch. The idea is, if there's nowhere to really press off-centre relative to the switch, there won't be any binding from pressing the key wrong. IBM were heavily criticised for it even at the time of release, because it just looked fucking weird.

>
The pleasure of returning to the same switches every day, mmm, molto bello.

Attached: 2019 is the year.jpg (2400x1600, 961K)

yeah, the best switches

Attached: topre.png (900x300, 134K)

would look ok if not for those awful leds

>teehee lemme do show and tell with all of my super badass toys to impress a bunch of anonymous people on the infamous internet hacker hate matchine edgelord forum, Jow Forums

nice keyboards though, faggots

For me it's lubed blacks

Thanks user. Seems a little odd to make a big key when you can only press a small amount of it.

Anyone here owns a Varmilo keyboard?

>lubed blacks

Attached: 7f0037cf1a15a68d955c786dfd57ea38b7d7d0ed9b0d676770d79ee62a4d6572.png (270x344, 58K)

You can meme all you want about it, but doesn't change the fact that they're the best switches

Sorry, I only use stock cherry blues on my razer blackwidow gaming keyboard :^)

kek'd

what are you a fucking yuropoor

Attached: IMG_20160226_140814058.jpg (1600x900, 561K)

I usually have them off just turned them on for the pic

I'm looking at getting a switch tester so I can get some kind of idea as to what switches I'll want. I'm looking at the Novelkeys 25 slot tester, and of these, what would you guys recommend so that I get the best sampling of the major clickies, tactiles, and linears?

Attached: Switches.png (661x675, 122K)

kbdfans.cn/products/kbdfans-72-switches-tester-all-in-one
go big or go home

So anyone go to the Boston meetup today? I got to tryout tons of switches, and even a working selectric 2. My favorite switches were Holy pandas. I liked them better than zeal v2s and box royals. I also got to try out zilents and they are so quiet it was unbelievable. I just wish there were zilents v2 there.

Massdrop has a drop for this FYI for $4 cheaper if you're in the US

Thinking about getting a Ducky One 2 (TKL) with cherry brown switches. What do ya think?

Attached: images.jpg (284x177, 7K)

>Assdrop

Not a bad choice, but
>Browns
Just solder in some Halo Clears or Zealios and you’re good to go.

I've always heard PBT is a lot better at enduring wear than ABS but exactly how good is it? Can I use the same key caps for 10 years and expect the tops to not get shiny?

Possibly. Look at the old Model Ms on ebay: very few of them are shiny. Granted of course most haven't been used continuously for the 30 or so years of their life, but rather have likely spent some time in storage. But you can be almost sure that the majority of them have spent at least a few years seeing daily use in an office.

You're either taking new photographs of one single keyboard every thread or you're stockpiling dozens of pics of one single keyboard.

I don't know which option is more autistic.

doesn't come with Zealios V2

Yes.

depends on how often you use them. PBT does eventually get shiny, but that takes a much longer time when compared to ABS since PBT is a harder plastic. Even if it does you can sand blast your keycaps to get them nice and rough like people do with GMK's ABS

Wouldn't the legends get messed up if they're not doubleshot, I've never done sand blasting before.

Dye-sub will be fine since the legends are burned into the keycaps becoming a permanent part of it.

>burned into the keycaps
youre describing lasered keycaps, dye sub is different

no they use heat to transfer the ink burning it into the keycap

heat yes, burning no

you have to burn the material to skip the liquid phase tho

again, heat not burn, the dye is sublimated not burned, if it was burned it would be oxidised and the chemical composition would change. also burning dyes also ruins the intended color.

burning is just layman's terms for an exothermic reaction. the initial transition from solid to gas is indeed endothermic, however the ink needs to adhere to the materials which is an exothermic reaction

uh, no burning is specifically an oxidising chemical reaction, its not a layman's term for anything

Burning is a chemical process by which two atoms or molecules will combine with each other. In burning, the two atoms or molecules will combine and release energy. Usually one of the two molecules is oxygen or something else chemically like it called an oxidizer. When the molecules combine and release energy, it is released in the form of heat and often light.

Even though we are familiar with things like paper or wood burning, actually, the simplest burning process is the burning of hydrogen. Hydrogen burns with oxygen and produces water. It is strange to think about it in this way, but water is actually burnt hydrogen.

What the fuck is with this general and halos all of the sudden?
They're uber mediocre, imo.

They're more tactile then zealios for less money

They literally aren't though.

i got them because i liked topres and heard they were designed to mimic topres. after getting them i like them more than topres

They're not even as good as the hakos

>I don't know which option is more autistic.
I do.

You commenting on it.

Need a good silent cherry mx

>good
>cherry mx
Pick one and only, one.

MK noob here, which switches feel the absolute best when typing?

Attached: 07ye4w9jwtr21.jpg (2000x2000, 1.86M)

Same, want something to use in the office but I know people will bitch. TKL preferred

IBM Beamspring.

Topre

Attached: topre_switch.png (648x608, 310K)

Which do I buy?

Attached: file.png (1162x800, 387K)

MX Brown

Membrane shit makes noise too.

The one without LEDs and stupidly heavy switches.

Leopold FC750R

>that enter key
why

Nyquist or iris

Dactyl-manuform :^)

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

No
The 3d printing is ugly as shit and I am not ready to do the hell that is wiring the entire thing

Is that a clover key?

Just a !windows key. I could wire it up for you, can't help if you don't like the look though m8.

Kailh Cream

I'm looking forward to owning one but I need to know if they have fully programmable boards and their official email doesn't answer me.

How does that feel?

I have a Ducky Shine 4 with MX Browns right now, and I'm getting really tired of never knowing if caps/num lock is on because the LEDs don't shine through my PBT caps. I'd also like some other switches, are there any that are more tactile at roughly the same weight? ISO is a must, standard cap sizes are a big plus. I haven't been up to speed on MKs since I got this like five years ago.

Attached: 9-iso-enter__97537.1470687716.1280.1280.png (244x211, 6K)

Bought 205g0 and 3024 from switchmod, will I even notice a difference between either?

you should've just gotten $10 oil and grease off amazon and mixed them for the right consistency

Hotswap is vastly superior because you never have to desolder all your switches to fix or make adjustments plus you can swap in and out switches on the fly for easy sampling

My friend lives in a place with really terrible air, like he gets grime buildups from a bunch of sulfur, and his switches have acted up because of it. He told me the only reason his board still works is the fact he can remove switches to clean them.

Where does your friend live at? Chernobyl?

Do NOT fall for a vintage keyboard(switch) meme.

Close, Indiana

which switches are:
-most quiet
-tactile bump (like topre)
-have the least key wobble

Zilent v2

Do I want cherry clears if I want silent blues
I know jack shit about switches other than cherry

It's not a bad option actually yeah

More comfortable than an ergodox. The curved columns and angled thumb cluster really help. That and the pinky columns being more offset means I can actually hit the q and p keys with my pinky comfortably.