I'm looking to buy a new laptop I have 2k to spend what should I get?

I'm looking to buy a new laptop I have 2k to spend what should I get?

Attached: mac-vs-pc-main_thumb800.png (800x450, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30695
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What do you need it for? work, collage, editing? be more precise, user.

Attached: 1554334017358.jpg (1110x1239, 152K)

buy a used thinkpad and save the rest

pc

Not a big fan of collages, Chad.

Attached: download.jpg (284x177, 19K)

buy a cheap thinkpad and spend the rest on prostitutes

thinkpad has no gaemz

Attached: Chad_Warden.jpg (300x200, 8K)

Thinkpad x230 with 220 keyboard

macbook

Thinkpad is not an OS.

>should I buy a Tesla or a BMW?
>buy a Toyota Camry instead, its a really good value
this is why Jow Forums is garbage and you're retarded if you listen to them

I have a Surface Book 2. It's the Macbook I always wanted. I love it. Apple stopped caring about making Macs for creatives awhile ago.

Id recommend the surface book 2 as well. I have the original surface book and it's worked very nice the entire time I've had it. Only problem is you have 0 chance of installing linux.

Not OP, but can someone describe their transition from linux to MacOS, and their opinion if it's worth doing now, if you're a web developer?
I heard Docker eats up alot of RAM on macs because of having to use a VM. Any other cons?
Is OS X actually useful if I'm used to working in multiple workspaces and don't like to use the mouse?

Attached: 140-fktduub.jpg (489x553, 34K)

rjtech.com/shop/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30695

Asus zephyrus

Supposedly some people got Linux on Surfaces to work but I never bothered. WSL works for me for Linux shit. It's what caused me to switch back to Windows (after my previous path of OS8/9->OSX->Linux->Win7->Linux). Having WSL plus Adobe shit with tablet+pen and a just werks OS is very pleasant.

the problem is that no good laptops have been released since the t420/x220. imagine if after 1996 ferrari started making hybrid econoboxes.

Macbooks were perfect, S tier laptops before touchbar and thunderbolt being the only port. Today everything is shit.

Attached: 1538805634695.jpg (1750x960, 433K)

The x220 is piece of fucking shit. Recommending that crap should be illegal.

P52

Not that good guy but what would be a good one?

thinkpad retro 25

>even considering buying a mac
just buy it and return to reddit where you belong

I got Acer Aspire 3 with AMD Ryzen 5
Good laptop, but fucking (((Chi Mei))) screen 1366x768.

I have only one question for Apple... Why you can't make your toaster run cooler? Even chinks in Acer can make it cool. Same 15w, no problem @ 2.5 GHz boost all the way

Optimize battery, screen, slimness in that order. Don't buy a gayming laptop. Also get something as cheap as possible and spend the rest on a desktop.