Say I want to hack a CCTV camera with a burner laptop...

Say I want to hack a CCTV camera with a burner laptop, is Tor and VPN's and all that bullshit really neccessary if its a BURNER laptop?

Attached: 1555122728442 (1).png (450x399, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Owb_39i9Cs
youtube.com/watch?v=htBjXXOYuDY
youtube.com/watch?v=LaI0xjeefpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imagine being this much of a brainlet. LMFAO

Why? Is it because i have to specify its a wi-fi camera? Or because it's an obvious question because it isn't actually necessary to get network security measures to avoid tracking with a burner?

based brainlet

Lmao

Attached: rcdcmecpfxq21.jpg (750x751, 39K)

you are a retard

What's this burner nonsense? You do realize you can run Linux entirely in RAM, right?

Because it's such an obvious question lol

>be (You)
>use a super-duper burner laptop
>hack something

>be police
>look at the IP of the hacker
>"thank God the hacker was a brainlet"

>get assraped in prison

Yes but the point of a burner laptop is that you use it in a fucking mcdonalds or something throw it away and that's it. Obviously you wouldnt use it in your own private domicile , bitch
Or what if you use it with mobile data contract with another persons info

Yes but i'm paranoid the fbi can recover almost anything with those secret exploits. What if they can read it even if its not stored on the hard drive

>This nigger has never heard of MAC spoofing. He prolly thinks it's a counterfeit sandwich from his favorite wifi source.

Shut down the laptop. Reboot to installed OS. Boom. Done.

user, how can I explain this to you...

So you know what a LAN is, right? You know your computer has an IP address. Go ahead and find that IP address right now, if you'd like. It's ipconfig on windows, ip addr on Linux, and ifconfig on mac.
Now go to a "what's my IP" type website. There's a lot of them. What's that? The IP your computer gives you and the IP the site gives you are way off?
This is something called NAT, or really PAT to be precise. You see, IP addresses are a scarce resource. Most networks only have one, for all of their computers. What they do to conserve this is to have all of these systems' traffic get translated into traffic coming from that one public IP, just with different port numbers.
Recap: your IP address is not tied to your computer. It's determined by the network you're on. Your local address is given by the network's DHCP server, and your public IP is just the network's public IP. It doesn't matter how "burner" your laptop is. They can still trace you back to a location.

So if i were to hack something from a public library's computrr I just plug the live usb drive that runs entirely on ram, do my shit, shut the computer off and run away like nothing happened with no data stored that can be tracked whatsoever? Wtf are you serious?

Attached: 1555087116523m.jpg (1024x576, 91K)

Wouldn’t work. All your parts have a burnt in mac address that even though it can be spoofed, can probably be uncovered.

I know. But the point I'm trying to make is, even if I came off as retarded because I thought some things were lowkey obvious, is it really neccessary to mask or redirect my ip with vpns or tor IF the burner laptop (even if its traced its a one use device) is used in a remote area let's say a starbucks in the middle of the city? Is it safer this way than taking all the preventive network measures in my own house?

Most places have cameras and have their computers set up so you can't do this. You need to be on a network you'll never use again with a spoofed MAC address or you can use a wireless adapter and throw it away after.

Cops usually have a 10min response time at the absolute max and a 2min response time at the fastest. FBI are like fucking wizards though and will teleport behind you. You are already arrested.

Attached: NANI.webm (1280x720, 2.32M)

So this user is wrong then

Heh, not if i have a fully auto uzi on my lap nigger no they are not.

Nigger you couldn't hack a banana with a knife even if you tried.

They are reading this thread. Instead of just cuffing you, now that you've mentioned a weapon and using it, they will flash bomb your ass and probably have swat break a few bones as you resist; regardless or not if you have an actual weapon.

>is it really neccessary to mask or redirect my ip with vpns or tor
yes. It's also worth it to go somewhere remote, but you do need to mask your identity, among other things.
You keep asking stuff about which thing you should do. Like as if you can just pick one silver bullet and be okay. Instead, you should be combining methods. Looking at your opsec measures as part of a framework.
Watch this talk. Your left ear will love it, but just try to pay attention. It's really eye-opening and useful if you want to go blackhat
youtube.com/watch?v=-Owb_39i9Cs

Why the throw away wireless adapter? In case they track you and mess around with your device?what happens when you replace it(adapter) for another one? Wouldn't they just get inside anyways then?

youtube.com/watch?v=htBjXXOYuDY

I should add, you'll wanna disable your built-in wireless card prior to all of this, cuz it's going to be beaconing to whatever wireless networks it sees. Shut off your phone, too.

Give me your address , I'll fuck you up

The ironic thing is that the OP should have had all those security checks performed just to post this thread. His bread crumb trail has already begun.

Thanks. White hats suck glownigger cock.

What if he just wants to do it for a science project and the camera is his own? when hacking ends social engineering aka bullshitting begins

you're thinking backwards

If they find it on you that's pretty much proof you did whatever it is you are attempting to do. I wouldn't recommend doing anything illegal, you clearly have little understanding. Many a seasoned vet has fucked up with covering their bases and landed in jail. It's a lot to manage.

yes even with spoofed macs your software or os will often times share the original one as well.

Ahh so it's about the logs on the adapter not the possibility of getting hacked trough it. I get it

youtube.com/watch?v=LaI0xjeefpg

No, it's about the logs on the network.

Yes, and you can't get caught with the adapter in your hands cause it matches those logs I understood

Learn how to OPSEC or fuck off. Stop asking these shitty brainlet tier fucking questions. And yes, it would be wise of you to take as many measurements concealing your identity as possible.

>thanks for the shoutout ^_^
I think he's talking about the logs on the router or firewall or AP or whatever infrastructure the network has. The place where your packets pass through.

bet, sexy.
fuck me sideways you gay nigger

That's your contribution to humanity. This is the kind of stuff the children in cryo beds flying trough hyperspace are gonna find searching trough the archives in 3050 AC

thats what you think, hot stuff ;)

You have to be 18+ to post here kid.

Attached: serveimage(38).jpg (645x729, 57K)

REEEE FUCKING TRANNIES GET OFF MY BOARD

Attached: 1554991090767.jpg (350x498, 35K)

Read the thread sweetie