/spg/ - Smartphone General

Indian Friendly Edition (no racism tolerated!)

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1551962990851.jpg (1346x906, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Moto-G-G5-Plus-5th-Gen-XT1687-64GB-TMOBILE-SPRINT-AT-T-VERIZON-Unlocked/192885066650
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

poo in loo

Xiaomi mi 9 or one plus 6t?

Mi9 or wait for OP7, it isn't worth paying over $500 for last years specs with the OP6T.

Why would anyone buy a phone off ali or shit like gearbest? Anyone who unironically recommends these must be a chink shill or a mutt without warranty in the first place.

Literally disgusting.

Attached: 1553905514074.jpg (544x400, 51K)

Would a G5 Plus be a good buy in 2019?
ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Moto-G-G5-Plus-5th-Gen-XT1687-64GB-TMOBILE-SPRINT-AT-T-VERIZON-Unlocked/192885066650

Currently using a Moto G3 still, and it's slowly showing it's age. I

It's cheaper since you aren't paying VAT

>Anyone who unironically recommends these must be a chink shill or a mutt without warranty in the first place.
Correct, and if you include shipping they're almost always the same price of 20-30 bux cheaper tops.

Makes no sense

Attached: 61aXPYfeeFL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x667, 84K)

Most chink phones like Huawei, Xiaomi and Oneplus are sold locally with warranty here, ordering from China is only if you want to avoid taxes.

Some of those phones simply aren't available locally for many people

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE MI MAX 4 IS COMING OUT
I'VE BEEN EYEING THE MAX 3 FOR A MONTH NOW, BUT PEOPLE KEEP TELLING ME TO WAIT THE FOR MAX 4 BUT MY 3 YEARS OLD HUASHIT IS FUCKING DYING
DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I'M THIS CLOSE TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON THE MAX 3
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Attached: 1520632360265.jpg (747x721, 169K)

I get my chinkphones from Flipkart or Amazon, there's also a Xiaomi store in my neighborhood.

>Some of those phones simply aren't available locally for many people
Ok, then that's another story.
But I see lots of people buying globally released chinkphones from chinksites bc muh saving 20 bux if i pick normal free shipping (30 estimated days delivery)

Those people are retarded

1-2 months. If you cant wait just get the Max 3 and sell it when Max 4 comes.

It's too bad this has a mechanical camera, since this phone is aesthetic as hell.

Attached: vivo-x27-2.jpg (508x650, 103K)

>But I see lots of people buying globally released chinkphones from chinksites bc muh saving 20 bux if i pick normal free shipping
That isn't always the case though, prices vary between countries. I'm in northern Europe and Xiaomi phones are priced a lot higher vs. what they'd be ordered from China. Even a cheap Redmi phone can cost 100€ more here (How does RN7 for 269€ sound like?). From what I've read it's even worse in Latin America where they're paying really high taxes on foreign imported electronics.

fpbp

u're still better off buying from cheaper €urocuck countries anyways for €urocuck warranty and speedy delivery

Should still be perfectly usable. Won't be updated to Pie but there's several custom ROMs available for it on XDA.

>Flipkart
>Local Xiaomi store
You're some form of SEAnig, right?

well yeah, that's true for EU fags but the point still remains for people in a similar situation in other countries.

Boulevard bowel buster, at your 'suss!

phone request i think
i want uh
oled
headphone jack
a good microphone
cheap price
is this even possible

Some chinkphone, I bet.

omg omg POO PHONE BROTHER!!!!

>oled
>cheap
Get one of the new Galaxy M or A-series phones.

all the cheap chinkphones have LCD displays tho

Why does Samsung use Exynos as well as worse hardware in the Exynos phones? The DACs are worse, the cameras are worse, everything blows.

take the poco pill and join us poco bros! POCO FIST!

Does shit plus shit support USB 3 and power delivery spec yet?

Warp charging is faster than USB PD

>think face unlock is the most botnet-ass thing on the planet
>buy Moto G7 Power
>set up face unlock to see how it is
>fastest unlock I've ever had on a phone

I get it now.

God I'm having orgasms just thinking about the OnePlus 7T. It's gonna be the best friggin' phone ever!

>ips
dropped
i cant handle shit black colors
its also way too fucking big

Uhh how's it faster than the fingerprint scanner? jej

What a ponce. It's not bad at all. If you want deeper blacks go to Somalia.

I really wanted to like Poco, but it has an obscenely large notch, which fucks over notifications. Also made of plastic. Even the one with the kevlar back still has a plastic frame.

Got this instead. For me, the downsides of Poco are worse than the Mix2s' lack of 3.55 and weird front camera placement.

Attached: 20180716151419_29740.jpg (1000x1000, 145K)

kys actual retard

Faggot. IPS is fine, stop being a spoiled bitch. Just man up and buy an S10 if you want OLED and the jack both.

Most A line Samsungs are OLED, so eats shit Pajeet.

Lmao!

A line Samsungs
>que pocoshill seethe

They're about the same on this thing.

It's just, press the power button, look at screen, and about a quarter-second later I'm in. The fingerprint sensor is equally speedy.

Samsung's A series is a fine selection of turds with their logo slapped on the back. I see no reason to ever recommend those when you could find an S7 or S8 and end up with a good device instead.

Holy shit, just enabled it on mine and it's awesome. Thanks man

>retarded pajeet actualy recommends a no battery used s7

poo in loo

Would rather just get the Note 7.

Don't be daft. It's a white autist for sure; Pajeets blindly shill Redmi and Xiaomi and whatnot. Never older mainstream flagships.

Samsung A60 when???

FINE SELECTION OF TURDS

>pajeet going on about feces
typical

are there any apps on android like trapcall that reveal hidden numbers?

>tfw never ever falling for the xiaomeme

Attached: oldskoolfloss.jpg (1063x1063, 234K)

kek

Who cares when you can't have wired external monitor and can't share a charger with a USB-c laptop?

POO IN LOO

>wired external monitor
why'd you need that if you have a laptop?

>can't share a charger with a USB-c laptop?
oh it will charge, just not as fast

my galaxy s7 bricked itself for no reason so I guess I'm using an old iphone 5s until I can get a new phone. any suggestions?

based

Is there an android auto alternative that wont mine my data? Preferably foss?

>Used phone
>About a month old
>Save 1/3 of the price
>warranty and proof of purchase
Y/N? I dont usually consider used phones but cost savings dont seem too bad for the time

get it

Jow Forums,where to find the samsung 10e snapdragon version if you live in the uk?

Attached: 1536675678720.webm (624x562, 1.75M)

I heard it's coming out in china in April 17th and globally it's coming out soon

Is the LG V35 ThinQ the best phone in my price range? (about $tree fiddy) US / AT&T
I just take out sim card from current phone and insert into new phone and it should work right? No need to contact carrier to do it?

ebay or eglobal central, search for SM-G9700

yes to both.

>search for SM-G9700
actually, seems you're better off searching for just G9700, it brings more results.

WHERE'S MY INFINITY O SANSUNG GALAXY A60 PHONE
WHEN IS IT COMING?????

Attached: galaxy-a60-tenaa-768x418.jpg (768x418, 23K)

WHEN IS THE ONEPLUS 7 COMING OUT I NEED A PHONE THAT SHOOTS HIGH BITRATE VIDEO FUCKING P30 PRO SHOTS AT 20 SOMETHING MBPS WHILE THE 6T IS AT 101. I NEED MORE BITRATE

Wouldn't gcam record with higher bitrate?

heh

How do I get one month old phones for 30% off?

LG V30. Bootloader unlockable,

Ebay? Lol

>INFINITY O
hah, more like INFINITE POO

I want a phone with bezels and badass front speakers and mics and quad DACs
why do all phone companies skimp on sound? Chinkphones being the worst offenders.

Who else is ready for the Pixel 3a? Way cheaper, sexy plastic body with an LCD display and the same ebin camera. Plus the 3.5mm jack!

How great do you think the Mi Mix 3' 5Gs battery life will be with 3800 mAh + the SD855 if you keep it in 4G mode?

I'm honestly tempted to put down the $700 after taxes for it if it is on Asus Max Pro M1 or Moto Power levels

Attached: 1491973365043.jpg (514x540, 60K)

nigger you post this every day

fuck off with your gimmicky clamshell hope you pinch your foreskin with it

gang gang

Sometime in may

Not enough interest I guess. You don't really need all that stuff for watching Youtube and Airpods. I'm probably one of the biggest offenders; for 90% of my use a fucking beeper would suffice as the main speaker.
Has it finally been announced? That thing is like a unicorn: lots of people claiming they saw one, but nobody knew when it will be out.
Maybe a bit less than the Zenfone. Seeing the Mi9 pulling up to 10 hours SoT on wi-fi, you can expect 12 on this one.

>Has it finally been announced
its unofficially announced, yes.

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (900x900, 111K)

I don't see a speaker on the bottom bezel. Why bother having those bezels if you're not gonna go for dual front firing speakers?

yikes

how come no one properly reviews video recording capabilities? eg video and sound bitrate, sound quality, video quality. The only site that presents birates is gsmarena and even then only sparingly.

You could also use the space for buttons, but they want max profit for less effort.

Only second time posting it, and only because last time all I got was people posting about 5G tumors as if every phone and network won't be 5G in 3 years.
If it got 10 hours SoT I would be 100% completely vindicated buying that shit at $700 out the gate.
Pixel 4 have a back button like the honor 8 and LGv30 or just a scanner?

Attached: 1495634066591.png (485x402, 276K)

What do you people reckon, will note 10 have that shit pill display?
Should I just get note 9 now (exyshit tho)

Is it still worth it to get an older iphone, say, 6s or something? I just want a good, reliable phone.

most likely it will

but why? what's so special about it?

Outside of LG, the only chinks cares about SQ. The Vivo Xplay 6(?) has the same ESS Sabre DAC as LG's flagship, and the Meizu Pro 5 has an equally good DAC + amp combo. ZTE Axon 7 is highly rated as well.

But the sad reality is that normalfag doesn't give a shit about SQ. They're happy listening to 96kbps YouTube rip 10 years ago, and they're still happy now. That's why most sticks with the bundled IEM, or use shits like Airpods.

Why do Chinese manufacturers like Huawei and Xiaomi put ads in their UI?

I've seen Techtablets include it in his recent reviews.

Motorola XT1527. Less than 30$ used, offers decent performance and can be unlocked and rooted. Works very well with LineageOS.

if this is it
google should just give up
this looks horrendous

Wow decrepit garbage can be tinkered with? Woo-wee!

I see a lot of you doesn't know the easiest way to get rid of miui ads once and for all. Easiest is set your private dns to "dns.adguard.com". Yes you can fo this on your pie miui by using "hidden settings for miui" in play store.

>No need root,
>no need unlock bootloader,
>no need to disable recommendation 1 by 1.
>basically adaway level quality adblocking without all the hassle.
only download "hidden settings for miui"

pic related is my brand new pocophone locked bootloader and everything.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-14-09-16-30-869_com.android.settings.png (1080x2246, 64K)

I make 6 figures and still do what I can to save 20 bucks here and there.

Are you financially retarded?