Just migrated to Manjaro with gnome from Windows, feels good, i like it so far

Just migrated to Manjaro with gnome from Windows, feels good, i like it so far.

Attached: that feels good man.png (330x357, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manjaro.org/download/i3/
manjaro.org/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based and linux-pilled

Attached: learntousetheterminal.png (2560x1080, 456K)

>he fell for the linux meme

Attached: 1555189663257.jpg (179x282, 26K)

How is it a mene?

He's just coping because he failed his install, just ignore him user.

I guess this distro isn't the most resource efficient, and probably has some bloat i could do without, but it seems to do fine letting me get used to Loonix. I also have a lot of firefox tabs and a gayme open.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-13 23-10-11.png (725x493, 54K)

It's not the distro thats bloated it's the desktop environment(DE). Gnome is super bloated. Try out KDE it's the best looking and most conservative ram wise. Once you get comfy with Linux give window tiliing managers a try. Manjaro i3 is max comfy with pretty much no work needed to set up

Is i3 a desktop environment or an addon/plugin to KDE? Will you please point me in the right direction so i can check it out?

>i3
why are you telling him to choke his cock til it falls off dude
the most minimalist distro is not gnu/linux actually, netbsd.
and the most minimalist window manager is dwm.
give those two a shot when you get used to manjaro. bsd and gnu/linux are 99% similar, dont worry

manjaro.org/download/i3/

Kind of want to give this a shot, looks comfy. I can use terminal somewhat, i'm definitely in a position where i can learn to use it more efficiently. I might actually download it and give it a shot.

i3 is a window tiling manager. Kde is a desktop environment. Desktop Environments have window managers and some other tools. Manjaro has a i3 flavor which is pre configured pretty nice. Just stick with KDE till you know the difference and are comfy with the terminal.

manjaro.org/download/

just gonna let you know, i3 is very bloated, but it is a very good jumping off point for getting into window managers.
when you get used to i3 and manjaro, i suggest switching to DWM and NetBSD for maximum comfiness and maximum minimalism

Don't listen to autists who call window managers bloat. saving 50 mb of ram at the most between window managers is different from saving 500 mb ram between desktop environments

It's not the distro it's GNOME. GNOME is the heaviest fucker among all DEs.
And the RAM usage is fine, Linux just caches things as much as possible to make things open faster. Windows started doing the same with w10.

I'll save you some time, don't. It's a completely different workflow and will take a long time to get used to. Just learn how to use the OS on one DE before you try the others.

if you are gonna use a window manager, why choose one with 50MB more use. you can install any wm with one terminal command, why choose a slower one, even if only slightly?
so. yeah. OP. DWM + NetBSD.

I tried Manjaro with I3 a bit from live usb, and i managed to get into the browser and whatnot, but dog this will take some time to get used to. But i can definitely see the appeal. When opening things in "background" i couldn't figure out how to bring it out.

>people telling OP to try out i3
Good to see that you guys don't want OP use Linux.

lol why do you say that? i would love to learn how to use it

>gnome

Attached: 1552161009630.png (605x381, 187K)

Attached: sad apu internet.png (1349x694, 126K)

OP once you're done with the gnome and i3 memes take KDE for a spin. It's the white man's choice.

Attached: 1554828988076.jpg (600x800, 84K)

KDE looks good, how come it is widely regarded as one of the best?

Background refers to the process not where it is on the screen some programs can only be opened via terminal so that's why nothing would pop up
Try win+space to minimize windows and open different programs in different virtual desktops

Everyone has told him to use a KDE then move to i3

this but unironically, also make sure to get kde connect for maximum comfyness

Attached: 1552161703192.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

Love love love. What's the window manager and file player?

Thanks man

Downloading Manjaro KDE now

Attached: based.gif (150x148, 930K)

ugh filthy gnormies

Attached: 1554103163878.gif (367x219, 523K)

hes still on kernel 4.19

>being this gay
Just install KDE like everyone else that wants a desktop that just werks.

How the fuck can anyone like Gnome? I understand tolerating it, but intentionally looking for it seems bizarre to me.

Right. Its like using android home UI on desktop. its like these zombies use their pcs for media consumption only

Nice OP, I might move from Deepin to Manjaro with Deepin DE today

My dick is deepin uranus, lol!

that's the current default for Jow Forumsentoo, retard.

lol dude, LOL!

Manjaro is a great distro, but It never worked smoothly on my laptop (Samsung Essentials series), It may have some hardware incompatibility somewhere idk.

lmao

>manjaro
just use antergos

>using 420 kernel
enjoy your performance drop

Why do newbies keep falling for the Manjaro meme? There are so many distros to choose from that are not retarded. Yet they always choose this one instead.

Me me, I'm an RPM-based man.

>not using 5+ kernel
how's your tube radio, grampa

I tip my fedora to your wit, sir

I don't care about operating systems as long as they can run CS 1.6

At least manjaro is way better than the other options for newbies, especially for your first distro which you are probably going to leave behind anyway at some point.

I liked Manjaro at first, but soon realized it requires constant battle with bugs and a lot of things don't work so you need to spend way too much time to get programs running and working.

It's not

Always fucking tell people; a distro based on rolling release that selectively holds packages WILL fucking break on you. The reason it's so much fucking buggier than arch is because arch core's dependencies are updated correctly and on time, whereas the 5 people working at Manjaro hold random packages for weeks to do snake oil "testing" without realising they're breaking everyone's fucking install

>Defaults to LTS Kernel
"Oh shit, our distro that was meant to be both bleeding edge and stable can't do fucking either!"
"Oh well, let's just half ass both"

Based and distropilled.
Antergos is the only Arch based distro worth installing. If you think about it though, Antergos is just Arch with a graphical installer, since you fan have AUR ont It by default.

>he fell for the gnome meme

You'll really like it when you switch to a decent DE.