you are the real pajeet here

SQL builder as Knex is all you need

>no validations, especially for unique indexes or foreign constraints
>all you need

really?

>I need Javascript to validate things that DB do
hooh

look at the retard that do not validate his data before insert into database

bet that he doesn't give clear feedback message back to the user, too.

pajeet much?

on an unrelated note, try to investigate what elixir has to offer github.com/elixir-ecto/ecto

It's ok
>database
>validate
Why would you need to validate a buffer being pushed to your web store? Get with the times old man, nobody uses SQL anymore

Attached: 1554660701492.png (999x277, 138K)

yes

I just write my own sql statements. You do know sql, right?

pretty sure more than you. sql is not the problem, gratefully parse the execution errors (and combine it with validation errors), both for maintainability and user experience is the real trouble here.

which ecto solved it beautifully.

does it matter where node.js is saved on your machine? I am trying to set up an environment so I can run my vue projects i uploaded onto my github but am having problems. so far I have installed php with composer under C. but nodejs is under program files. should that also be under C?

so you just write raw sql everywhere right

thats what I'm doing in a project right now yeah. not with node though yuck.

There is nothing wrong with righting your own SQL statements. Just make sure you use the (?, ?) thing and you're fine.

Considering that I know django quite well, is it worth learning node? how would it benefit me? How gracefully would it integrate into what I already do?

>performance bottleneck is I/O
Python, Perl
>performance bottleneck is not I/O
Go, JVM non-shitlang (Clojure, Kotlin, etc)
>it's my site and I can do what I want
Haskell, Common Lisp

Unironically, anyone who thinks Node is a good idea should not be developing backends. Contrived benchmark speed means fuck-all when your productivity is being hindered by Javascript.

Attached: gopher.jpg (400x266, 20K)

theres no framework thats quite as developed as django so you might not like that. you might get a slight speed boost but otherwise you're not gaining much.

>Considering that I know django quite well, is it worth learning node?
Probably not, though it could be useful if you want to write some small services with it (what it excels at). Think of it like Flask with a little less hassle.

>how would it benefit me?
idk

>How gracefully would it integrate into what I already do?
Maybe a little easier than making a Flask app to integrate with whatever you're working on. But, node has no good ORM so it has to be something simple.

Why not just use the best tool for the job? Why not just have Node handle IO and then redirect the heavy stuff to your other languages like Java?

>GO
Lmao that one purpose piece of shit will be obsolete by RUST in like 2 years tops

>Why not just use the best tool for the job?
Javascript is the best tool for the job when it is the only tool for the job, i.e. frontends. Hopefully that will change to some degree with WASM.
Apples and oranges.

srgiouthgzuidrghe;oiyn txd

>Apples and oranges

Literally no. GOs purpose is being an easy to use fast as fuck language for web apis. Well Rust does exactly that and its good not only for web apis. Unless Jewgle doesnt abandon it like everything else and turn it into a more universal type language then its obsolete soon. I actually kinda like but really there is no point using it

I work with Objection.js and I love it. It has all the features you mention

lol no. I have checked all the current nodejs orm/query builder, especially knex and objection.js as you mentioned, then concluded that I'd rather write the api server in elixir (the client is currently written in svelte/sapper though).

> vincit.github.io/objection.js/guide/validation.html
> vincit.github.io/objection.js/recipes/custom-validation.html

look clumsy as fuck, not to mention they still do not provide a way to add custom message error decoration for constraints validation (composited unique indexes for example)

meanwhile, ecto has it all: hexdocs.pm/ecto/Ecto.Changeset.html#unique_constraint/3

The mindset is quite different I think. In Django pretty much everything you require is included and the framework highly dictates how to do things. Doing web development with Node is much like writing your web application in Python and some basic libraries. Of course there are monolithic frameworks for Node but no one uses those.

This gives you the freedom to cut much of the crap and keep things simple. Maybe your use-case requires you to serve data from one endpoint and that's it, you probably don't even need Express (routing library / minimal web framework for Node) for that. Just use the standard library.

Our rather large company is using Node a lot for our microservices and we have over a billion monthly client devices accessing our crap. It works just fine and most people here enjoy using the same language in back-end and front-end.

>Of course there are monolithic frameworks for Node but no one uses those.
because they are shit, all of them.

And after you've been fucking with Rails and Django for couple of years you end up realizing that composing your application out of various libraries combined with your own stuff is much comfier than a monolith could ever be.

I've found that, for myself, writing pure SQL is really productive and clear

check out slonik or node-pg (with sql-template-strings)

>Productive man choice

Productive lady's choice, you CIS-gender bigots.

Attached: What was this faggot's name again.jpg (256x256, 5K)

That would be C# and .NET

I know this is bait but I actually agree

Good for him, out of SQL and JS it's the better language.

It's either .Net, Java or gtfo.

>fast as fuck

I guess when you're used to PHP, Python, Ruby and Javascript Go seems fast, but it really isn't compared to a proper language like C++ or even Rust sometimes.

>javascript for backend
>every call is handled by the same single (1) thread

Attached: 1514811212598.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Use a threading library then. Fucking amateur parrots holy shit

there's nothing wrong with it if you use prepared statements instead of raw sql strings

>npm i more_threads

It doesnt work that way

Because its called hamsterjs you inbred

>that image
pots and kettles
>not using .gitignore

it's called Worker Threads son

> Not using Stored procedures

I prefer .net core desu