youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming; worse in gaming due to slower memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / 2070 - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / 2080Ti - higher framerates
>Radeon VII - may be considered; needs cooler mod to run quiet
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 4000mhz RAM.jpg (594x767, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/FXPHHh
pcpartpicker.com/list/NHqyMZ
amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07C44FQ1S/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
pcpartpicker.com/list/JrVX6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/DnsfWD
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/
thehackernews.com/2018/03/amd-processor-vulnerabilities.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
pcpartpicker.com/list/gdd3GG
pcpartpicker.com/list/BNpLZR
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=RzdbjX
pcpartpicker.com/list/FCVDkd
amazon.com/ASUS-PG279QZ-Ergonomic-G-Sync-Monitor/dp/B07HZSBW7V
amazon.com/gp/product/B07BDQNDKY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-bmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank you sir for includiing vega and rayden 7 in the op, regards

based and redpilled

Attached: 1501867726886.jpg (1500x1164, 337K)

not a bad idea to get a 2600x now and then get a 4600x in like 3 years

Or just wait for computex and get a 3600.

So I'm using an 8700 with a 212 cooler, a 1070ti titanium and I have a HAF 912 with fans everywhere, no dust inside.
When I'm playing bidio gaymes my CPU goes from 32-34c idle to 45-46c or so, never above 48. Was playing Witcher 3 today at 1440p maxed out with mods and the temps were the same but my 1070ti starts toasting at 77-80. I have an aggressive fan curve with 90% speed at temps above 70 but still, what gives?

yea but for price efficiency

>not a single Intel CPU
Take cost out of the equation. Not everyone buys for price/performance. And you all know this because the 2080 Ti is still mentioned.

Why are Vega 56s so cheap now? You can easily find one for the price of a 1660 Ti.

2600x is $190 now, the 3600 will be $200-220. I think it's worth the wait. And we might get some info on amd's birthday, so it's just 3 weeks.

It's 2019 and people are still talking about Vega as if it was good. I'll let these pictures speak for themselves.
And no, used card prices don't count because other cards can also be bought used. 2060 and V56 are priced equally according to PCPP, although I admit blower cards can be had for 300$ if you want that sort of thing.

Attached: V56 vs 2060.png (1907x3200, 2.81M)

$300 for the blower model isn't cheap.
And people don't buy power hungry cards, retailers need to clear stock I guess.

Everyone prepping for navi or the 2070ti most likely. Perfect time to buy them second hand, regardless of what the dumb fuck that pretends they are bad says.

>BUT LOOK GOY! LOOK AT THESE BLUE LINES!
Fuck off, you lose this argument in every thread. Do you own a 2060?

>$300
>people don't buy power hungry cards
Literally neither of those things is an issue.

>Nvidia Unboxed
Indeed, the sky's the limit with the power of Nvidia. Looking up at the sky to benchmark truly shows the GeFarce Experience. Post the PCWorld benchmarks and the horror will end.

>fake benchmarks where Steve just looks up at the sky
rofl

>tfw all of the 140mm fans I got lying around just have 3 pin headers

Attached: 1552417296205.jpg (563x651, 226K)

Ah the glorious Radeon tears [tm]...and yet no sources were posted. See ya in the next thread boyos, maybe don't sperg out at hard facts again.

Attached: 1438342683231.jpg (412x505, 35K)

Smells a bit like desperation and buyer's remorse with a hint of curry in here.
Navi can't come fast enough so that even the last Vega shill leaves this thread.

Attached: cope land.jpg (450x593, 46K)

>I'm gay lol

Attached: rainbow-six-siege-100784516-orig.jpg (1246x813, 106K)

>He didn't undervolt, overclock, delid and wait for the new drivers.
I'm not taking these graphs seriously.

>repost
Are SSDs fine for main storage if I'm only looking for 1-2tb? I think my hard drives are causing resonance in my case and the sound pisses me off endlessly.
Also what 2.5" SSD should I look at?

Attached: airflow.png (673x697, 497K)

>4000Mhz CL14

who do I have to suck off to find this?

How far can I OC my RX570?
I got Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 4G

I have set it to core to 1400 / memory to 2000, seemed to run fine. Also set the fanspeed to 40% for fine balance between noise and cooling. Playing Doom2016 runs at 56c

>samefagging
Sad.

If they're causing resonance it might be a bad mount, I had that problem but I got some cheap rubber stoppers from AC Moore a couple years ago and just used them around my screws

But a decent SATA or NVME SSD for 1TB is at least $100

Attached: howdy.jpg (743x916, 67K)

You just need a one in a million diamond sample CPU, top quality mother board and some grade A B-die.
Easy really.

Yeah looking online it looks like it requires ~1.7-2v

Normal DDR4 voltage is 1.2-1.35, with 4000mhz kits running normally at around 1.5v with CL18+ timings.

4000MHz CL14 is probably 1.8v and platinum CPU and $200+ motherboard.

I have a budget of $850 US dollars. First time making a gaming PC. This is what I have so far. pcpartpicker.com/list/FXPHHh

Change mobo to the tomahawk and don't buy windows, with that money buy a 2600X instead.

I'd spend another $10 and get the SSD from a more reputable brand. But that case though. Are you really sure about that?

I have never heard of that brand of SSD before. I would err on the side of caution and get 80+ gold PSU. The 1660 Ti and 2600 don't need that much power, so you can get something with less Watts but higher rating.

Sir do the needful a get vega 56. 6gb card is very bad in 2019.

Is this a good build for gaming on a strict budget? Ram is 3000 mhz btw

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-14-01-10-01-028_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.png (1080x4217, 831K)

Thanks!

>RX580 armor
RIP your ears and power bill.

You’re right, I’ll do some looking for a different ssd. I just kinda picked a case, gonna look at others for sure.

Thanks! I’ll see if I can get one to fit in the budget.

Good idea, that should save a little too.

You can get x470 gaming plus for £80 from Amazon warehouse atm, much better board.

jesus christ I hope this is samefagging because you really shouldn't get Vega when cheap Turing exists and Navi isn't far away either.

Navi is like 5 months away, literally pointless waiting. The 1660 ti is the midrange card to get right now.

>Those timings
Fake

Link? Cant find it that cheap

What model 2060 do you guys reccomend?

Attached: ENGIS.gif (680x382, 3.37M)

How's my budget boy looking?

Attached: lookattheendofthisfilename_____YOU HAVE BEEN TRICKED YOU ARE GAY NOW.png (692x647, 54K)

Do you think Asus could achieve that too or only MSI?

>6gb in 2019
Get a vega 56 dummy

That would be like chopping your arm off because you suspect there might be a splinter in your finger. Moronic.

You could get a ryzen 1600 for that price instead.

Chinktac, EVGAsian or Micro-Dick International

cope, nvidiot

Not samefagging I swear. I’m making a list all the advice here and seeing what works out.
Sounds good, thanks!

sure, just needs to be a fairly high end model.

pcpartpicker.com/list/NHqyMZ

Reposting from a couple threads ago. I did a variation on the 1440p 100+ fps build. Went with a different power supply, 32gb ram, and a different storage setup. Also added monitor, keyboard, and mouse since I'm trying to replace my craptop. Any suggestions or obvious fuckups on the parts I chose?

amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07C44FQ1S/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
20% extra off but it ends monday.

Is asus better than MSI?

Could go with a Samsung NVMe SSD if you truly wanted a big dick PC. Not that important, though. But definitely choose a different mobo brand.

You are aware that you chose the non overclockable 8700 instead of the 8700k?

depends on the model, also depends which BIOS design you like.

MSI M7 is the best board for RAM OC. ASUS CH7 does CPU OC better.

I used to have a logitech g5 mice ages ago, what's a similar mice to it these days?

What's the issue with the motherboard? What should I be looking for in a mobo?

G402

Anything you'd change with this build?
pcpartpicker.com/list/JrVX6s

The CPU. At least get a 1600. Used if necessary.

Highest end because I don’t like cheaping out and well which BIOS/software is better?
What about software stability etc.? I mean it’s nice if you can overclock your shit but if the software crashes the whole time it’s pretty much pointless

Looking for advice on whether to scrap, salvage, or upgrade my 7 yr old rig.

Budget: 500 CAD, 1000 CAD if I had to replace

Uses: Gaming, not going for the highest level. I mostly play strategy games and am building for Imperator: Rome

Context: My screen will black out when running games here and there, sometimes whatever was running partially recovers but usually not fully, requiring a restart. I suspect it's the really old power supply, and am hoping it's not the motherboard. Ideally I just have to upgrade the PSU and GPU.

**Specs**
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Z77DDR3 3PCI-E16 3PCI-E1
HDMI CrossFireX/SLI SATA3 USB3.0

RAM : G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Memory

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K Unlocked Quad Core Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ
Ivy Bridge 6MB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC 880MHZ 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini-HDMI DX11 PCI

Monitors: BenQ RL2450HT 24IN 1920x1080 RTS Gaming LCD Monitor LED
12M:1 Black Equalizer HAS Pixel Mapping HDMI x2

HDs: Crucial M4 Micron C400 SSD 256GB 2.5IN Solid State Disk Flash Drive SATA3 6Gbps
+
big non ssd hard-drive

Power supply: Old as Sin (was already 5 years old when I installed in 7 years ago) so I will replace this either way

Attached: 10991289_660614974048276_623126416664273189_n.jpg (602x720, 46K)

What are some of the most unknown or awful computer part manufacturers that I can buy from right now? Using PCPartPicker, I've built a computer I wouldn't want to even plug in, let alone use. However, I'm looking to make it even worse than what it is now. How can a bring the 1/10 to 0/10? Mind you, I'm looking for parts one can buy right now in the United States.
pcpartpicker.com/list/DnsfWD

Attached: Cursed.png (1159x671, 67K)

This is a pretty bad OP, for the following reasons:

>Secure CPUs
AMD CPUs aren't secure

>Moreover, even though earlier AMD had claimed that its CPUs were not exposed to Meltdown-class vulnerabilities, researchers discovered a variation of Meltdown (called Meltdown-BR) that was perfectly operational with AMD CPUs. So at this point, the CPUs of all three of the largest global CPU vendors — AMD, ARM, and Intel — are susceptible to both Meltdown and Spectre. Well, at least to some of the variations from both these families.
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/ - Kaspersky, one of the foremost names in security

>Moreover, researchers also claimed to have found two exploitable manufacturer backdoors inside Ryzen chipset that could allow attackers to inject malicious code inside the chip.
thehackernews.com/2018/03/amd-processor-vulnerabilities.html
Which raises the question, is OP a glowie?

No Intel CPUs are mentioned, because OP is an AMD fanbitch.

>Graphics cards
>1440p
The 2060 isn't mentioned because of the 'muh VRAM' meme that's been proven false time and time again, despite performing as well as or better than the 1070Ti and Vega 56 with a significant boost to efficiency

Is there any way to control one case fan with two motherboards? I want the exhaust fan to spin faster when both motherboards are on, and slower when only one is.
There's only mounting space on my case for one 140mm exhaust fan.

Why do you keep posting the same video? Hardware unboxed are massive nvidia shills and nobody should look at their benchmarks. (lol looking at the sky just to give nvidia cards more fps)

Pls help. Should I be looking for an Asus or Gigabyte mobo instead? What is the relevance of a mobo brand?

The release date for the that game is about a week an a half from now, so you'd probably want to wait and check benchmarks.
Having said that, the biggest issue is the the graphics card, which is pretty much completely worthless. Your CPU might be fine for a strategy game, depending on your standards. You can probably get away with 30FPS on your current CPU, but if that's a game with long turn times, you might be able to speed up the process with a better CPU. A likely CPU upgrade would be the i7 3770/K, if it were necessary for that game.

>two motherboards
>There's only mounting space on my case for one 140mm

Attached: n-.gif (300x300, 438K)

>Hardware unboxed are massive nvidia shills
Actually they're massive AMD shills

>Why do you keep posting the same video?
Because it disproves your memes

Monitor is complete trash, and you can get +50% cores/threads buy buying an R5 2600 for $20 more. You're literally shooting yourself in the dick

>Not samefagging I swear.
He was mocking the Vega 56, retard

Plenty of current video game suse more than 6gb of vram. I know you're coping because you got scammed by nvidia, but stop posting fake benchmarks already.

Should I buy a 4TB 3.5" HDD or a M.2 NVME 1TB SSD for the same price? The 3.5" HDD in question runs at 5400 RPM and 6 Gb/s. I plan on using it for my windows install (mainly games). All of my music is located on my 1TB 2.5" SSD, which is purely devoted to my GNU/Linux install.

I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to conserving hard drive space. I've been using a 256GB SSD for the past seven years. Also, my case does not have much room. My motherboard has two dedicated M.2 slots.

>Plenty of current video game suse more than 6gb of vram
No they don't
Nice try marketeer

Attached: Untitled.png (460x301, 55K)

Game allocates more than 6GB of VRAM so it can run faster. This allocation is not possible with 6GB, thus there is less headroom for the GPU, and it won't run as fast. Brainlet BTFO

I wasn't exactly planning on doing this when I got the C700P.

Attached: 2019-03-08 22.44.01.jpg (1590x2829, 2.67M)

This is what I currently have and have had for awhile now. I'm perfectly satisfied with how it performs for new titles like Resident Evil 2, but now I'm more concerned in the emulation department. This guy runs games great, but N64 emulation with Angrylion can slowdown to 80% speed in Perfect Dark. Would upgrading to a better Ryzen build give me the necessary performance boost, or do I need to cut my losses and switch to Intel?
pcpartpicker.com/list/gdd3GG

Attached: Kawaii.png (429x583, 190K)

for 1k cad you might get a decent rig that will last you a long time, but you might consider a new PSU anyway.

if your blackouts stop, you can sell it as is and see what you can build then. if the blackouts dont stop, your GPU is dying and consider selling everything as parts or sets to pay for a whole new everything

>gold rating
Waste of money for a mid range build, bronze is fine and the difference is minimal, just don't get known shit psus.

You don't need the 32gb of ram, get a mobo with wifi already on it, non-overclockable CPU, cooler sucks, get an rxm psu, get a better case.

Thanks, budday. How's this look? Only going for 1080p and I'm trying to keep the base price around 750, so I'm aiming for as cheap a monitor as I can reasonably get away with.

Attached: lookattheendofthisfilename_____TRICKED AGAIN YOU ARE BLACK NOW.png (676x590, 49K)

>mobo with wifi
dont rely on wifi for gaming ples

Who would have thought the most difficult thing about building my rig would be picking out a monitor. Even with a budget of $700 for a monitor, I still can't decide.

Thanks for the notes. I swapped in a 8700K, a wifi mobo, different case and cooler. Wifi should be okay since I mostly just play single player games. What is the benefit of the rxm psu? The one I have on there seems like it provides enough power for the build. Is that more for overclocking purposes?

Monitors suck. Get the one that has the most features you like at the biggest size you're comfortable with. Hope for the best, expect nothing.

And I forgot to post the updated build. Does this seem better?

pcpartpicker.com/list/BNpLZR

>Game allocates more than 6GB of VRAM so it can run faster
False, games allocate as much as they want to because they can. No reason to overwrite if they can just write in empty memory
Educate yourself, retard

Is the thermal paste packaged with most modern coolers all the same effectiveness?
How does arctic silver 5 compare to more modern stuff?

Can I get a 1440p monitor recommendation for a rtx 2060 + ryzen 2600x combo?

I know rtx 2060 isn't ideal for 1440p but from benchmarks I've seen you can get at least 60fps by turning some settings down, which im cool with.

Shit sucks. I find a monitor I like but then there is always some type of downside.

Monitor will be the longest lasting part of your build, so get something high refresh with adaptive sync. Two options are here
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=RzdbjX

Current build
pcpartpicker.com/list/FCVDkd
Planning on upgrading the CPU, which one should I get for this build?

I think I'm going to make my own router soon. The plan is to get a single port NIC that goes to a cable modem, then get a 4 port NIC for clients on the network, then maybe get a wireless card so I can set up a wifi hotspot. I don't know too much about networking but I think if I get my hardware purchases right I can figure the rest out. Does this sound retarded or does it sound like it can work? I'd like to be able to buy another 4 port NIC too after I get it working.

Attached: 1543108589344.jpg (3000x1996, 1.89M)

Wtf that's gonna be a shitshow

amazon.com/ASUS-PG279QZ-Ergonomic-G-Sync-Monitor/dp/B07HZSBW7V

amazon.com/gp/product/B07BDQNDKY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB271HU-bmiprz-2560x1440/dp/B06ZXZ3QBD

I've been looking at these three as possibilities