Legit question

Does anybody still use Office?

Now that we have Google Docs/Sheets/Slides and more or less competent FOSS alternatives such as LibreOffice, MS Office seems to be expensive and way too bloated.

Do you use Office Jow Forums?

Attached: Microsoft-Office-logo-Android-710x307.jpg (710x307, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

projectlibre.com/product/projectlibre-open-source
officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/492350f6-3a01-4f97-b9c0-c7c6ddf67d60/media/en-us/ProPlus2019Retail.img
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>does anybody still use office
all normies are using it
and its the most profitable product of microsoft right now

My department could easily use only FOSS software. Pretty much all of our work is done through web applications and the few spreadsheets are simple enough that they could just be csvs. Just need some software to handle the phone lines. All of our phones go off from our computers and idk how that shit works

I only use office at work since I'm given workstations that require admin rights to install anything else on them but they come with Microsoft Office software. I'm not a fan, but I can use them just fine. I'm a chemist and I use Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, and Excel often. Mostly Outlook and Excel for my daily use. I've also used Sharepoint and Visio.

Excel and Outlook
Muh finance

I use them at work but I use Linux at home(libreoffice). Google docs still don't come close from the times I've tried to use it instead, the formatting options just aren't enough

>tfw uni teacher wants us to use Latex for his assignments

Attached: _20181109_062218.jpg (500x296, 24K)

Attached: wgimxlypchy11.jpg (976x741, 88K)

try LyX

Not at home, but we use literally every fucking product Microsoft comes out with at work
SharePoint makes me want to be dead

Attached: 1522969415231.png (600x600, 183K)

oh shit that might come in handy if I ever postpone one of the asssignments for too long. thank you very much user!

>Now that we have Google Docs/Sheets
They're fucking garbage and lacking some basic critical features though

Not hard if you just set up templates.

I've used google drive its the shittiest programs I've ever used the only benefits that it's not stuck on my computer and that it's in a browser

>Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
This is what people use to open Office documents on their phone. They still create the documents in Office.
>LibreOffice
Fuck outta with this shit.

nothing matches Excel

Office is obscenely bloated, but I use Word and Excel for work (I'm a writer) and I swear by both of them, they're basically the Gold Standard for document editing. I've tried both OpenOffice and Libre and neither can even compare

Aside from Windows itself, it's the only program on my computer that's not freeware.

MSoft Office is still the best, I had tol use Google's shit tier stuff for schooling but now im done with school i dont need to touch it. Don't have office installed atm because well i need a hook up for Office 2010 (fuck the newer ones)

>OpenOffice
Years ago, it used to be that you couldn't get a document in the center of openoffice (if I remember it always shifted to the left). Does this still happen?

>LibreOffice
Nobody seriously uses that bloated piece of shit. What garbage lol
Word and Excel are still better than gdocs, but gdocs is faster, easier to access, and everywhere.

>>LibreOffice
>Nobody seriously uses that bloated piece of shit. What garbage lol
>Word and Excel are still better than gdocs, but gdocs is faster, easier to access, and every

I do cause I paid $11 for office 2016.

Yeah it is still the best suite. And onenote is godtier.

Yea, so does everyone at school and work. Sometimes people use google docs at school, I think its because they have a chromebook.

>and more or less competent FOSS alternatives such as LibreOffice
Lol, no.

I unironiclly use Office 97 for my own stuff and some of the simpler things for college
Can't complain about resource usage for a program that was meant to run on PCs with only 16MB of RAM. Still runs in Windows 10

i run a computer repair shop and normies flip their shit right out if you tell them their office isn't going to work, they get confused when you tell them it doesn't just come with windows and they have to pay for it

so yeah, its still the most popular word processing/spreadsheet/et al software.

>I run a computer repair shop
how long is the line usually? at your local foodbank that is.

Kind of. At work, we have MS Office because some of our in-house software depends heavily on MS Office libs to function. But when I actually need to directly use a spreadsheet or word processor, I always use LibreOffice.

Hi Louis

I live in the 11th richest county in the country, try again.

>MS Office seems expensive and bloated
No one cares. Seriously, it's the company's PC, it can be bloated as hell for all I care, I'm not relearning VBA or my keyboard shortcuts because of your zoomer cloud app.

Every major government, bank/finance, engineering (that's real engineering, not computers), healthcare, professional sports (including F1/WEC) and AAA video game company is Windows based.

Dumbos are too dumb to understand proper permissioning for Google Docs/Sheets so they probably still use SharePoint.

> Fun fact: French police and Parliament use Ubuntu. US politicians probably have never heard of it.

In addition, Mac is shit tier with their "Pages" and dumbos don't understand "OSS".

>need Office for school, don't feel like paying for it
>get it for free with student email
>it installs Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, Outlook, and Skype
>all of it installed under one "Office" entry
>can't uninstall the crap I don't want
fuck this bloatware

I love using Word, its so good and easy for formatting. Google docs has always been clunky for me, especially when multiple people are working on it at the same time. I use excel to a lesser extent but I still like it. Never used any foss but I want to learn latex

this normies are fucking stupid

libreoffice just remastered their engine for your interest

Yeah but the French are gay

In terms of privacy and bloatware, which of the above mentioned software is not gay.

Excel is so much better than anything else I've ever tried, though I would agree that it's gotten worse over time instead of better. I still default to 2010, anything past that and the interface just get clunkier for me.

Maybe I'm a fucking boomer or something, I don't know.

not only you then

im still willing to give Google Sheets a shot

Google is only good for multiplayer co-op, otherwise shit-tier.

Excel has zero competition. None of the PowerPoint competitors are very good, either.

I use sheets sometimes, but there's always just so much stuff that I would lean on in Excel that just isn't there and it bugs me

all the time.
doing business with normies = using office

>Excel has zero competition.
How so? Maybe it's because the version of Excel I've got at work is 2000, but LibreOffice Calc fits my needs better.

So libreoffice after all these years still hasn't caught up?

>None of the PowerPoint competitors are very good, either.
On my college, markdown for presentations has took off

Libreoffice feels like a fisherprice toy compared to the real thing of what ever that toy is.

Google Docs isn't a website? Lol. That shit sucks and it's fucking slow.

WPS Office did more to be good in 2 years than LibreOffice did in 2 decades.

Google Docs only runs well on Chrome.

For personal use? Hell no. Businesses, however, still use it extensively and in fact some applications depend specifically upon Office to work properly.

I can replace MS Word with LaTeX, but sadly nothing replaces Excel.

This is one of my pet peeves about boomers. It must be Word and nothing else. Fuck. Very specific age group, real boomers, 65+ with office clout and control of funding. Everyone else can adapt but not the geriatrics.

Not MS Office, WPS is extremely compatible with MS Office documents, it installs ultra fast, is solid and nice looking, also comes with a PDF reader and an editor.

With that being said, I prefer VS Code and LaTex. Datasheets are pretty much the only reason I still use an Office suite.

>Now that we have Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
Slow garbage specially sheets.

Yep, work in government.

Outlook and Excel is the only ones really being used. I guess sometimes Word for official memos.

You can declare Office (your purchase or your subscription) as a tax write-off if you're a business person, stupid
>but really, most people who used Office since the 2000s can't get used to the Google Doc curve

Use it all the time. There is no alternative that comes close to Excel.

I get it free through school and use it at work as well.

I used to use LibreOffice but the file compatability with Excel, especially formatting, was never quite right.

>Google Docs
>giving all of your work info to (((Google)))
The only thing more bluepilled than that are those retarded botnet finance cloud services, where you hand over all of your CC info and passwords to them for a slightly convenient all-in-one app.

Try a trial version of 2010 sometime just to see, it's a world of difference

I'd really rather not. Unless I hear something specific and compelling it's just not going to be worth my time.

try to make pivot table on file with 50 000 records with gdocs and with excel

>even though you're telling me it's better and that it would really be best to try it to see the difference myself, I would rather just continue on in ignorance and assume that it's not actually any better instead of taking the half hour it would take to actually check like you said I should
Suit yourself lad

Teachers still force students to use it
and they won't accept anything not in docx because they are mongs who dont know how to convert files with formatting
I only know this because I work with these people

I mean, I'm not autistic enough to really be bothered that the spreadsheet software I use isn't the best that's out there. As long as it does what I need it to and the UI is comfortable enough for me to use, why do I need to try anything else? I'm willing enough to take your word that it's better in at least some way or other, but that's not really in itself compelling enough to investigate changing.

If you told me, for instance, that the way it does X is better because Y and X is a feature I care about? Or if it has Z feature that LibreOffice doesn't? Sure, I'll check it out. But if I tried something different every time someone said it's better and I should check it out without giving me any actual reason, I'd never get anything done.

Surprisingly, no. My job is centred around producing/managing aviation-related technical documentation, but we use S1000D, which involves semantic markup with XML schemas.

Attached: Logo_S1000D.jpg (557x233, 22K)

I use MS Project.
What good alternatives are there to that?

There's ProjectLibre, not sure about the "good" part though
projectlibre.com/product/projectlibre-open-source

just use it faggot, it's not hard. and it actually makes elegant looking documents, unlike word.

>>Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
>This is what people use to open Office documents on their phone.
Tfw you never realize this. Brb kms

Is there an official full iso office 19? Had my cracked 16 for years now and looking to upgrade now.

>Do you use Office
Yes, I need visual basic macros
> Google Docs/Sheets/Slides
Online only, which is fine in general, but there could be a situation where you need to edit something while Internet is off. Not to mention that you're sending your private docs to Google.

I was pleased to find out that the most recent LibreOffice is good enough now that I don't feel like I'm really missing anything

All my life notepad was my main text editor. Almost never needed anything else.

Office is still vastly more compitnent and complete than Libre, sure Libre has the basic features but it still shits the bed over images.

I never needed this shit.

i recently activated an office 2019 key over phone

>and it actually makes elegant looking documents, unlike word
Does it have special fonts that word can use? Is the white background whiter?

>Does anybody still use Office?

How underage never had a job are you exactly?

Attached: [HorribleSubs]_JoJo_s_Bizarre_Adventure_-_Golden_Wind_-_22_[720p].mkv_snapshot_19.15_[2019.03.15_18. (1280x720, 990K)

>LibreOffice
i use this for personal use now but it's utter shit compared to MS Office

officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/492350f6-3a01-4f97-b9c0-c7c6ddf67d60/media/en-us/ProPlus2019Retail.img

Attached: 1555098885383s.jpg (250x191, 22K)

LO Calc is such absolute dogshit I don't remember ever working on a single document for more than a few days without it getting corrupted beyond reparation. You've got to be constantly making backup copies because it will inevitably shit the bed and set you back sooner or later. What a broken piece of shit.

My workplace requires Office for its bullshit track changes and macros and whatnot.

To be honest we tried some in Libre Office and it pretty much worked, but I can't be arsed to figure it out and fight compatibility issues so just use the Office they provided.

Yes because it always fucks up formatting if someone like my prof opens the document in word.

Do I like office? no
But if libre office doesn't work what else can I do?
Always funny to see libre office crashing in the middle of the lecture though.

I use MS Office when applying for jobs.

I use Google Docs for my own side business. And to take personal notes. Of course I do make local backups.

>This is what people use to open Office documents on their phone.
why don't people use Word/Excel/PowerPoint Online?

How fucking out of touch with the real world are you?

Attached: 1-800-come-on-now.jpg (585x649, 134K)

prezi is free and better than PowerPoint

True. LibreOffice or Numbers can't match up due to their performance problems and most analysts can't write python.

>Google Docs/Sheets/Slides and more or less competent FOSS alternatives such as LibreOffice
All worthless shit
Cope

You need to use the office deployment tool thing to configure your installation otherwise it will install everything (I assume most people don't want access, Skype for business, etc...) And eat your hdd with useless apps and endless updates.

>expensive
lmao retard

no, most sane people use iWork or Google Docs

I do, the alternatives are garbage

We are required to use microsoft office at work due to contracts requiring it.

>Yes because it always fucks up formatting if someone like my prof opens the document in word.

why aren't you handing out PDFs?

Woah it's the first time I see someone on Jow Forums doing my same job

>Implying Google shit can compete with MS shit
kek

Some do, most don't.

I just like the way the text appears, and it's easy as shit to crack so there's really no reason for me not to use it

Attached: mio reach.gif (500x500, 1.43M)