FM radio is literally double the fidelity as paid streaming

Audio scientist think FM is approx equivalent to 600kbs

Paid services are 320kbs

What the fuck are we doing 99% of people on spotify listen to the same trending playlists

You could literally have 5 radio stations and cover even the most obscure shit

Muh freedom muh selection culture is shit FM is king digital radio is literally 8x worse quality and mp3s was a joke my town has a station that plays vinyl and studio wavs on proper dynamic range db radio

Radio only sounds shit because stations pump the gain and db up to fight other stations adverts authentic radio stations on proper setting are hire quality than most peoples flacs

Attached: IMG_20190328_180410.jpg (1584x2816, 362K)

Imagine carrying around a 900$ DAP with 600$ of SD in it with bulk 600-700kbs flacs

When you could carry around a walkman which alkaline battery's properly power 60om+ some thing lithium never can do and using its FM receiver and then have some 160min high feric 24bit cassette dumps of stuff you want regular

THIS the only reason to use spotify/apple is to stalk what friends are hearing so you can DL in proper quality .

I was starting to think I needed a smart phone with a good DAC even that is pointless unless you literally a DJ

192 khz is more than enough for me. Also, 320 khz is completely acceptable for the general populance.

Attached: 1555041475186.png (480x523, 225K)

Normies don't care about quality, and iHeart doesn't play mumble rap.

Attached: IMG_20190201_1519419.jpg (4016x4016, 1.79M)

>not listening to jungletrain.net
>not listening to noliferadio.com

SHIGGY DIGGITY

Too bad most local FM radio stations just play crap now a days.

>4 minute song
>Don't like it
>Can't skip
>10 minutes of adverts
>2 minute chat with some boomer caller
Good riddance

The reason every radio station sounds the same is they're all owned by one of a handful of large companies. It used to be possible for smaller companies to own stations but in the 90s the FCC "deregulated" radio which largely meant that the large companies were allowed to buy up the rest of the market. Now its seemingly all owned by either clearchannel(iheartradio) or cox media group and they deliberately synchronize their ads so you can't avoid them and they also run a preset playlist of the same bullshit every 6-12 hours so it's all the same shit over and over again.

>192/320 thousand hertz
>the human ear is only capable of hearing between 20 hertz and 20 thousand hertz
what did he mean by this

The only good local station is the classical one and they’ve been including more and more garbage NPR programming instead of music.

People abandoned radio because as they were all bought out by large conglomerates that just play the same 40 boomer or zoomer tracks over and over again as aural dilaudid. Fortunately around here we have 3 FM stations without advertisements, but even they are getting sneaky and synchronizing pledge week.

>iHeart doesn't play mumble rap.
big if true

Be honest, Jow Forums
The only reason you'd need FM/AM radio on your phone is if an emergency were to happen.
Otherwise you'll just fill up your phone with your shitty tracks and podcasts.

desu, podcasts are more popular than ever. They are more "free" than regular fm/am radio stations to play and say whatever shit theyd want and you can support them directly.

Attached: 1553039087864.jpg (784x640, 39K)

Kbps, dummy.
Stupid weebs.

> 99% of people on spotify listen to the same trending playlists

I don't. That's why I pay for Spotify.

I think he mixed up Hertz and bps.

My issue with FM radio stations is that they play the same 20 songs every day (with 5 minutes of ads every 2-3 songs) and it's almost all fucking garbage. I'd rather curate my own collection and listen to that at my leisure.

>he thinks fm stations are playing FLAC and not shit compressed mp3s

LMAO

lol

>one of a handful of large companies
In the U.S. not one of a handful, just one. Disney through their iheartmedia subsidiary. Over 90 percent of the radio stations in the US are owned by them.
It's honest to god killed radio. I could write a fucking essay on it but it isn't worth the time.

>he thinks FM stations are broadcasting at that quality
>he thinks receivers are at that quality

Feel free to turn a radio up loud and then switch the input to AUX or BT and listen and tell me which one sounds better

>thinks we want more radio and ads and stupid segments and caller segments

Radio would be dead if car makers stopped putting in antennas

Radio stations use transcoded-transcoded shit, like if they want to apply some gain/compression in a mp3 file, they open the mp3 file, edit it, then proceed and save to mp3 again, they don't even know that this process affects the audio.
I worked in a radio station and downloaded only flac to the playback.
Also FM have a cutoff in 16kHz equivalent to a 128kbps mp3.

>Audio scientist think FM is approx equivalent to 600kbs
>think
>Audio scientist
>scientist
>Not engineers

Dude I literally said most stations are crap but where I live one plays wav.s and vinyl with basically no adds because its a optional subscription funded radio station

Also US has NPR
Britain has BBC
Australia has tripplej

There are lots of stations with no adds that play flac or higher

>You could literally have 5 radio stations and cover even the most obscure shit
Yeah I doubt that at all.
Plus most radio stations are anti-semitic so I most likely won't get to be hearing Schoenberg at all