LMMS is literally broken on Linux and can't even import VST

LMMS is literally broken on Linux and can't even import VST.

Ardour is just overcomplicated GUI and it lacks basic MIDI capabilities and is unsuitable for a DAW.

There's not a real FOSS option on linux.
It's literally easier to just stay on windows and make music there.

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>Cant import VST

VST's are fucking mostly made for Windows what did you expect

which distro op

yeah
like, I can use Renoise on Linux (paid software)
but I could also just use it on Windows and enjoy using VSTs

haven't used LMMS
and as far as I know, Ardour is mainly for working with live recordings

sylenth1 crash on windows as well.

lubuntu.

just install win10 and use fruity loops like anyone else, faggot

Attached: 6ns6m84rmdr57-unteralterbached.jpg (1536x1144, 240K)

>The software I paid $0 for is not worth anything!

Welcome to the real world bucko.

why do you need vst's? you should be writing your own plugins in LADSPA anyways.

>he isn't writing his music in C
no, not the key, you fucking faggots. C. then you pipe that shit to audiopulse or whatever.

Sounds wholesome.

main(t) {
for (t = 0; ; t++)
putchar(
t*((15&t)%12)&55-(t|t)|t*(t)*32
);
}

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

What about bitwig?

That's true... There isn't a good music DAW for Linux. I tried to install FL Studio 12 using Wine, I installed some fonts because you can't see the menus and all that shit. And I still couldn't install VSTs and had latency issues with the native sound server (I used PulseAudio instead of using JACK because I had no idea how to configure it).

Reaper has a Linux build now

Get a low latency kernel and an audio interface

What is bitwig. Also, up and coming FOSS DAW Zrythm.

i wish caustic's could 8bit synth could support longer functions so i could checo this without having to install pulseaudio

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-14-12-15-39-168_com.android.systemui.jpg (2020x789, 174K)

Traction 7 is free

>overcomplicated
How? It's literally just transport controls and mixer/editor with modal mouse tools and a lot of context menus
>Lacks basic MIDI capabilties
It supports all of MIDI's features

My guess is you probably don't have any idea what you are actually doing when it comes to production.

Read a guide, configuring JACK is not very hard, you literally just set the output and input audio devices up and your buffer size. You might be better off using a distribution like Ubuntu Studio or KXStudio if you want a proper environment preconfigured.

Don't use VST2.4 plugins, they are deprecated and the license is hostile to FOSS. VST3 fixed this.

Ardour costs money.

All of these are harmful software that does not respect the user's freedom.

Ardour does not cost anything, you can compile it from source for free and it is available in many distro repositories. You have to donate I'd you want access to pre-compiled binaries for Mac/Windows

It is suggested that you get a subscription even if you compiled from source.

Renoise is working fine, for other just use wine. There is also a wrapper that runs vsts in wine, works fine. Google it.

But not required. It's free. They suggest a subscription because they would like you to support the software, but there aren't any limitations in place of you don't.

Putting in limitations would be hostile to the user. The binaries they ship still cost money, payment is required, but distro packagers can still give it away for free if they don't mind paying for the bandwidth. If you want user-hostile software then go use some Avid products.