IRC vs DISCORD

Which is less of a botnet? What respects my freedoms more? What does Jow Forums prefer?

Attached: ircvsdiscord.png (1179x1000, 666K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lausanonymous.com/Discuss/
irc.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

apologize for making that cancer

They're both shit. Irc is only good if you use end-to-end encryption. In general though irc channels are a good way to interact with developers of specific software you have questions about. Discord is good for trannies

One is a protocol, the other is a application.
Whats better, IMAP or Windows 8?

>irc
>end to end encryption
Did you mean XMPP?

Real chads use Wire.

use Telegram instead

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg (389x550, 24K)

Based and redpilled

i don't know how IRC works. its on every linux distro but i'm too lazy to figure it out

the current state of Jow Forums

Dumb negro

anyone who uses javacancer like discord is a newfren that should be burned with the rest of the current cancernet. Even asking whether IRC has more freedom than discord makes my blood boil. IRC is the only protocol that will be free of the censorship of big tech or governments forever and it's dying because fucking retards would rather use annoying animated emojis and other cancerous shit. They all make me sick. I've fucking livid that the pentoo guys made a discord server and use it more than their channel on freenode. Livid! Now I don't even use that shit anymore, not like it was that great in the first place. Anyone that uses voip social networking is probably a girl anyway, or more likely a tranny sissy bitch.

THIS

stop using linux right fucking now and go back to windows.

>being this insecure about your voice

Attached: aeaeeaeaeaea.gif (163x163, 7K)

have sex

that's mean, can't you just teach me how to use it

lausanonymous.com/Discuss/

Respects your something

Attached: 6E0737BB-2AF8-47FC-BADC-7AD1B06DEF62.jpg (1536x1516, 577K)

IMAP

what distro are you using, I'm feeling generous today so I'll help you

>not using a phone

Attached: 1513479181199.jpg (275x206, 18K)

If you can't self host it's botnet cancer. IRC wins

I use IRC, if I can't find it on IRC then I reluctantly find a discord server. Though discord is way better than IRC in general use. It's still a shitty electron botnet that is centralized and pozzed.

*ahem*

Attached: 20190314191817_telegram.png (887x554, 362K)

Nice try volodya

who the fuck uses irc anymore jesus christ grandpa

They are both botnets. Then there are some IRC servers that show your plain ip address if you are new.

Do the needful sirs and provide with sauce plox

I’m still refactoring it but soon

kiwiirc.com

Unquestionably IMAP.

manjaro

IRC is far less shit than discord. Even looking at discord makes me feel uncomfortable. It's so fucking cluttered and shit and you can't use your own client, absolutely fucking disgusting proprietary garbage.

IRC is comfy, many choices of clients, easy to set up your own server, easy to write bots for without needing to suck discord's cock, easy to set up as a hidden service / eepsite, and it's easy to make encrypted channels for both group and direct chat with standard client plugins.

If you prefer discord you are a faggot and should leave this board forever.

Attached: 004.png (1054x442, 172K)

IMAP ofcourse

So simple, even a New Zealender could do it!

nobody uses IRC anymore you boomer, go to sleep already.

Then fucking remake the IRC server protocols and a client capable of handling such media. Even if you did this it still wouldn't save IRC because it lacks the quickjoin url feature Discord has. The only way to save IRC is to recreate such a feature using a magnet link style url system for joining servers and channels easily. Zoomers are too fucking stupid to type in shit like IP, ports and register. IRC is a fucking clumsy as shit system that has been cobbled together over decades. IT FUCKING SUCKS. Its no wonder the first fucking client that came by that easily managed registered usernames and joining servers displaced it without any effort.

you're a dumbfuck, webirc exists you piece of shit, and so do the irc:// action links that literally every browser and client in existence support, get the fuck out of here with your dumb zoomer animated emoji brainlet shit

demi lardner

download hexchat however you download and install packages using that distro, I'm not familiar with it. hexchat is so easy to use anyone can do it. even windows users like you. anyway, get hexchat. open it however you feel like opening programs. You then enter whatever names you want in the fields. Easy, huh? Then you go to the networks window and select freenode. This one is easy. Every IRC network is different but freenode provides you with a cloak. It is still recommended that you use a vpn. Stay away from EFnet. Rizon may more your speed if you like imageboards. Okay, when you get to the new window after you select freenode and press the connect button, the first thing you do before you join a channel is this. type

/msg nickserv register [password you want to use no brackets] [the email address you want to use no brackets]

Check your email, you will get a confirmation passphrase to enter into the client. copypasta the command they give you.

Next, if you want a cloak, which covers up your host, you type

/stats p

this will list working staff on freenode, who you have to contact to get a cloak. type

/msg [staff member name] [message asking for a cloak]

There you go To get a list of channels, click the 'servers' tab in the toolbar, click 'channel list' then click 'download list' on the bottom of the window.

Or you could just duck duck go 'how to use IRC' and IRC commands, but maybe that's too hard for some people because they can't figure shit out on their own.

Both are shit, learn 2 squat and use you obese faggot.

>spoonfeeding the retards

time to take your pills grandpa

I know. But I want more people to learn IRC so sometimes I go against the code. At least I didn't tell him to go to EFnet without a bouncer.

This requires phone number verification.

Attached: img.jpg (500x597, 43K)

>Then fucking remake the IRC server protocols and a client capable of handling such media.

Maybe I will! Maybe I'll make a new client and replace IRCP application layer protocol with something based on Plan9 and make my new IRC-esque app layer forced user as well! And I'll make the client so goddam easy to use that even retard boomers can use it! And this shit will be so lean and elegant and fast that everyone is going to drop the gay shit they used before and come to me because fuck bloated javacancer botnets. And fuck social media too.

DO IT FAGGOT
AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T NAME IT SOMETHING GAY LIKE DISCORD OR SOMETHING UN-GOOGLEABLE LIKE 'WIRE'

AND THEN I'M GOING TO MAKE THE CLIENT TURN YOUR MACHINE INTO A VIRTUAL SERVER SO THAT I DON'T NEED CENTRALIZED SERVERS! AND THIS WILL BANHAMMER PHONEFAGS BECAUSE YOU NEED TO DEDICATE 50GIG/2GB RAM AT MINIMUM TO USE THE CLIENT! AND THERE WILL BE FILESHARING! AND I'LL CALL IT ANONET BECAUSE EVERYONE IS COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY ANONYMOUS BECAUSE I DESIGNED IT ALL THAT WAY!

wow thats a big pain in the ass

This nigga is about to become the new Pavel Durov and no one can stop him... Except.. You know (((who)))

NO.
dont ever use telegram. They implemented encryption from scratch which is top retard level. Just don't use this piece of crap. Use signal

holy christ calm your man titties.

Seething but not wrong

you deserved it

forums (mailing list if small close group)

you don't need anything else for good text communication, even in a modern world, or even in a very advanced world centuries from now

>70544830
Irc is for autistic zoomers that want to look like a hackerman or for the last ten to thirty boomers and gen xers still using it.

Without hesitation, IMAP

>Javacancer
Wow, this guy thinks java and JavaScript are the same language.

make it p2p so that anyone can connect to anyone without having a random fucker in between

they both qualify to be called javacancer

You don't have to chose between archaic legacy protocols and a data mining operation. Matrix exists.

Real smooth backpedaling. Lol

Matrix's only accomplishment is being even more of a pain than XMPP.

Uhm didnt signal do the same with the signal protocol?

Jesus, you have to even ask this question?
Christ, the absolute state of this board

Matrix's accomplishment is being a modern chat protocol without needing to be augmented by a dozen or so XEPs.

sometimes, I'm starting to believe that our world would be better if we remade everything from scratch. from hardware architecture to protocols, everything, keeping efficiency, exploitability, simplicity and privacy as the main focus. nature level efficiency. maybe a new shot with quantum computing?

Any way to do it without a phone number? Why do they need it so bad anyway?

>IRC
shit
>discord
botnet
choose your poison

Hur Dur user all chating apps are shit..

Use this 1 random super encrypted private chating app nobody uses but 20 of us nerds. Tell ur mom and friends to use it if they want to communicate with me!

*Proceeds to use Jow Forums*

signal's ratchet encryption has been reviewed tho and is considered secure

Anything is better than Windows 8, so IMAP.

IMAP > POP3 anyways.

>irc.com/
>initiative for a 21th century IRC
>mite b koo--
>afraid to spell out "free software" goes with the söygoy OPEN SORES shite
>no visible progress, no information on completed parts
>"People understand WhatsApp and Messenger, not servers, ports and commands." read: we're gonna target tech illiterate normalfags
At the end, it will be the same as Discord, except it'll be called ircv3

Attached: I7SvtiV.jpg (800x600, 62K)

You know you won't loose any of the IRC features even if someone makes a normie-proof client, right?