Bsd utils > gnu utils

Attached: 1600.png (600x600, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/netflix_freebsd/attachments/slides/3103/export/events/attachments/netflix_freebsd/slides/3103/FOSDEM_2019_Netflix_and_FreeBSD.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

based

BSD is literally the Linkin Park, Papa Roach, System of a Down, Smile Empty Soul, Hoobastank, post 2000-Sum 41, AFI, 3 Doors Down, Staind, Godsmack, etc of operating systems. It smells like axe body spray and wears a chain wallet. Literally only fat greasy angsty outcasts from the early 2000s still care or like that dumb shit.

until you benchmark awk

When I read people writing shit about freebsd I imagine a 40-year-old fat man without studies or futures sitting on a sofa in the basement of his house writing bsd commands with his fingers full, completely wet filled with cheese.

The utils != the OS
Debian uses bsdutils as a core package for example. Work on your reading comprehension pls.

lol fuck you tranny sjw coc lmao fuck bsd and fuck unix trash systemd linux is much better

he one BSD program I really like so far is wtf, it's actually really useful how it pulls results from pretty much every info command available plus the acronym database

Since more and more gnu userland is becoming systemd dependant, BSD userland is looking more attractive now.

Systemd isn't that bad you faggot

>$ fdisk -l
Oh wait

Attached: 1554158573633.gif (500x496, 2.11M)

is there a linux distro which uses bsdutils instead of gnu coreutils?

>dd status=progress
oh wait

Name three things in coreutils that depend on systemd you fucking liar.

>what is SIGINFO
>^T

>gpart still doesn't have a UI

stop using systemd then

GNU license >> BSD "license".

Is this a false flag to make Linux users seem stupid?

I already tried BSD.
Won't try it again in this lifetime.
Stop shilling garbage.

yes yes but still

plan 9 utils > bsd utils

Hello Herr Pöttering wie geht es unserem Hamburger Kumpanen heute?

no

ironically the few respect and market share BSD had, left the moment they allowed trannies in their community.

It won't happen with Linux (I hope)

>BSD
You mean FreeBSD

yup, I don't remember Theo allowing trannies touching his magnum opus.

>BSD > GNU

Attached: 1554607522346.jpg (708x534, 54K)

Both are trash, use busybox like a real man

>*bsd
imagine not having control over your fans haha

*hugs*

I don't use FreeBSD, dumbass

Is this post some weird way of saying that you like Sum 41 post 2000?

Were talking abouy operating systems in terms of processing capabilities right?
As long as u arent using windows ur golden.
Distro hop threads are fine but arguing dos vs unix vs etc its pointless

Based

wut

Based

There are distros with GNU coreutils on a BSD kernel but I've never seen any the other way around

Yeah, sure.
Let me know when BSD yes can spray at 120GiB per second.

Attached: images (2).jpg (252x200, 9K)

Now this is what I will say after somebody hugs me.
Thanks user

No problem

ghostbsd just had a new release, its perfect for linux babbies

XNU is not BSD.
it is based off of bsd 3.5 iirc, but the abomination of a microkernel that was amateurishly hacked into it and its stagnay development thenceforth, makes it significantly different.

>muh sysvinit
>muh minimalism
>muh 1970
>muh euchnucs filosofi

How? BSD utils are basically the same as the GNU utils, with fewer useful, time-saving features.

BSD sed, for example, is completely useless.

The only problem I've ever had with BSD sed was that I couldn't use it to rename files the same way the gahnoo version does

retard

sed -i.
Also netstat is poop, no protocol flags.

>sed -i
Hello, have you heard of ed -s?

>greasy angsty outcasts
fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/netflix_freebsd/attachments/slides/3103/export/events/attachments/netflix_freebsd/slides/3103/FOSDEM_2019_Netflix_and_FreeBSD.pdf
>being this much in denial

> using ed when sed exists
I won't even bother learning its flags. Anyway, stop strawmanning, BSD sed objectively has less functionality than GNU sed.

You don't need to learn flags, you can simply read the man page and not be a dumbfuck. And if you haven't noticed, what you consider bothersome you have to learn anew for every userspace on a linux distro: package manager, packages, distro specific system utilities (dpkg-reconfigure or some shit), etc.

Stop pretending as if you aren't distro hopping like the majority of de/g/enerates

sed is for streams. ed is for files
ed's commands make far more sense for editing files than forcing sed to try editing files.
There's no reason to not know both ed and sed. They're similar, but different enough.