Is water cooling the most autistic hobby in the tech community? If not, what is?

Is water cooling the most autistic hobby in the tech community? If not, what is?

aquamobileswim.com/autism-and-water-why-autistic-people-are-drawn-to-water/

Attached: budget-water-cooling-setup-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 90K)

debating about which Linux distro is the best is the most autistic hobby in the tech community. water cooling like this involves aesthetics which autists despise because they have no connection to art, sadly.

no, making a Black and yellow color scheme is.

Cable management

In no particular order:

audiophiles spending an extra $500 on an amp thinking they notice a difference

retards buying a high end gaming pc thinking it will make them pros

gaming peripherals other than mice

Not being able to tell apart art and kitsch

Anime

Being an elitist about Desktop ricing
Just set it up how you like and fuck what others think

t. can't cable manage for shit

It's a fun as fuck hobby.

If you mean desktop ricing then sure
It you mean being an elitist prick about it go fuck yourself

No, WC actually works.

not harvesting your own nitrogen from the air and have a nitro cooling...

Is water cooling a hobby? Surely you only partake once every couple of years unless you run a shop. Seems like a weird thing to be sour grapes about desu senpai.

Sound like a toilet here.

Overclocking

I remember building custom loops with car heater cores.
Now any fuck can setup a custom loop.
Feels bad
Open loops are still King when it comes to temps to noise though.

Audiophiles are way more autistic but water cooling is also autistic.

Many people seem to consider "pc building" a hobby. Imho that doesn't really seem like one but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Orange juice cooling is bloat. Use milk

How? It's nice to cool your GPU with water for intense gaming.

>spending literally hundreds of dollars extra on watercooling, having to do extra maintenance and having the risk of leaking for ~5% more fps in games.

ya it's pretty retarded. I bought an AIO cooler for my computer only because I hate that air coolers just blow heat around your case. Watercoolers direct the hot air out of a specific part of your case.

Watercooling is the most useless thing you could ever do at home, you have to be really retarded to waste your money on such a meme

It was cool before everyone started to do it.

The same thing is happening with mechanical keyboards, there is unironically no more soul in these things like there used to be.

Audiophiles have reached levels of autism us mere aspies can only dream of.

jesus you're such a faggot. You're like the punk fans who start to hate a band once they become popular.

Everyone ITT has no idea what it was like to cool an insanely clocked i7 or AMD chip back in the day. There was no other way to keep them tame other than custom liquid. LED's and various colored liquids are all just custom flare, nothing more nothing less. When I was cooling my i7-990X I was using all clear water, tubing, no RGB, etc.

>I hate that air coolers just blow heat around your case. Watercoolers direct the hot air out of a specific part of your case.
True but a case with good airflow will do the same.
And with less noise, less maintenance and for less money.

Attached: raven_rv02_cooling_design.jpg (499x414, 53K)

>i7
>back in the day

And you have the gall to call me a faggot holy shit

you do realize the 990X was released 8 years ago right? I also cooled an old Celeron and C2Q but those didn't require liquid.

Audiophiles are slightly worse.

Id say LN2 is more autistic

LN2 is for reaching record breaking clocks. It's not like anyone runs LN2 daily.

what the fuck is '""""soul""""" you pretentious faggot

Yeah you're full of shit. I'm cooling an X5650 @4.4 GHz on a 120 mm AIO and it's holding 60 C under load with no fan spin. Any $30 heatsink would probably do fine with a 100 W TDP cpu.

It's only with HEDT and gpus that water cooling really becomes a good option.

>not daily
thats what I meant by more autistic

>anyone trying to break records is autistic

ok?

>I'm running a sandy bridge Xeon
And there you go. I was able to get 4.7GHz on m 990X, you know, the NOT sandy bridge chip? Much hotter than Sandy. 990X is/was HEDT.

whoops I'm retarded. Was thinking of another Xeon. Regardless. 990X gets hot and heavy when you start ramping up the voltage.

>less noise

I actually cannot hear my computer at idle and under load all I hear are my gpu fans. They put sound dampening on any new AIO now so you don't hear the pump.

my brother has a noctua nhd15 and it's loud as fuck when he's gaming, and all of his fans need to spin out to clear the heat out of the case, and even then his vram temps are higher than mine despite us having almost identical systems.

Attached: e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg (800x450, 28K)

Cope. I barely hear my fans over my headphones.

>nhd15
>loud as fuck
You are either autistic or a fucking liar.

What will they do when reverse LEDs come onto the market that turn waste heat into electricity? No more cooling means no more tinkering.

There is no autism to be seen here.

Attached: gutsfrontefficiency.jpg (2000x1333, 423K)

No autism at all.

Attached: gutsfancyfans.jpg (2000x1333, 1.43M)

>If not, what is?
Probably LN2.

The question i'd ask is whether it has reduced or increased leakiness problems over the past years.

Water cooling is only autistic if you're trying to compete in some over clocking contest, otherwise I'd have to say audiphiles are way worse.

Water cooling is louder because:
- radiators require higher static pressure than air cooler
- radiator fans are generally closer to a vent, so easier to hear outside the case than an air cooler fan in the middle of the case.

>Is water cooling the most autistic hobby in the tech community? If not, what is?
wouldn't say autistic, would say it's completely pointless and something only retards do.

I like how it looks and it's better than having a big ass fan so

What's the foam for?

It makes messing with a rig more of a pain in the ass for improvements that don't really mesh with all day gaming. In the end you can get very similar performance on air and pushing past that is only getting a few percent more performance overall on water. I would rather delid for heat problems before I try water again.

The whole project seems to suggest the builder was extremely triggered by a vibration which turned into a harmonic in the case so they went overboard.

Water cooling is poorfags' version of nitrogen cooling.

It divides the internal space in the case, so that all the air taken in by the bottom fans is forced to move through the GPU heat sink. The GPU has no fan of its own.

It's just a dodgy way of achieving a 3x140 mm cooler on a relatively small passive heat sink.

Water cooling is the most autistic hobby, if you want it to be.
Just for a laugh tell your friend that you will install watercooling free of charge into his laptop. Then piss into the keyboard