Is this true?

Is this true?

Attached: ooo.jpg (673x865, 69K)

Is this true?

Attached: oof.jpg (129x168, 3K)

Most of the "Excellent" passwords are already in the password database and can be quickly countered by brute force techniques. No longer useful.

people making a concerted attack on stolen hashes will probably try common passwords fuzzed with leetspeak characters. just use completely random passwords instead of trying to invent up some way to be unpredictable.

If you have a problem with that, your options are
>use a password manager
or
>get better at remembering. generate a password and make up mnemonics

itmightbebutthispassphrasewouldbeevenbetteranyways

/thread

Attached: 1555230033270.jpg (740x601, 276K)

No. L33tspeak is already an attack pattern so your password is only 2-10 times more difficult to crack, which is fucking nothing for passwords with less than 10 characters and for passwords checkable by dictionary attacks (all of them in the pic are). Whoever made that "guide" is an uneducated retard.

This is insecure as shit.

No.

New and advanced password crackers use dictionary attacks in combination with combing words, replacing letters with numbers (takes little extra time) see leet speech and use social engineering.

The ONLY safe password uses a random combination of characters. It is hard to remember and hard to guess.

Everything that has an easy to remember pattern well be cracked

>This is insecure as shit.
why is that?
if you use random words the cracker would have to guess those words and that means combining of every word out there

You can find those four words in any English dictionary. If you were to try with just a dictionary attack, you'd get the password quite fast.

No, increasing entropy through increased character count is the way to go. It's easier to remember "correcthorsebatterystapler" than "$gR2o3!4#" and it has better entropy, even when accounting for dictionary attacks.

The english dictionary has over 100k words.
4^100k = 10x10^60205.
Let's compare to 8 ascii characters:
8^255 = 10x10^230

Oh look, the comic is correct and you talking out of your ass is wrong.

All my passwords are alphanumeric l33t5P34k racial slurs followed by a random year

of course? but you have to know the right order and it might be just any word
google says that the Oxford English Dictionary contains 171,476 words (it is obvious that people will not use all of these), if you had a 5 word password, that would be 5^171476 possible combinations
how is that insecure?

You are too vulnerable to dictionary attack, add some misspelling and symbols in the middle of words and you’re good

Oxford dictionary compact edition of contains definitions of 500k words.
500000^4=500E20 different combinations to try
dictionary attack is a meme

my password is just qqqqqq because that's the closest to Tab key
hack me if you can

I don't disagree that it's slower to find 4 words compared to a short password made out of random characters. I never said that. I just expained the reasoning of the poster he was replying to and I believe that both are weak passwords.
>you have to know the right order
No. A table tries all combinations.

>No. A table tries all combinations.
exactly you mongoloid
you still have to try all combinations, even if you know the words

Wrong see

not even accounting for the fact, that nearly everyone knows at least two languages

Lmao you can't even get your math right
It's #possibilities^length, not length^#possibilities

>5^171476
171476^5
my bad

>Use words in your password
>Words are in a different language than English
Good luck guessing that