About to order a new laptop within the next hour

about to order a new laptop within the next hour.
probably gonna get an acer aspire e15
is there any real reason to go for the i5 over the i3 if i don't game?
virtually every laptop review on the entire internet is almost exclusively focused on video games.
a lot of people seem to be talking about the i3 like it's a piece of shit but surely even it will be a big step up from my huge PoS 7 year old asus

Attached: 14504775_328584780838482_1326942494130176000_n.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Get an i7 instead... It's 4 better

it's too expensive

please don't get an i3. ive got so many friends complaining about how slow their laptops are, and theyre all i3s, most of which acer aspires. i5 truly is the minimum for anything above email and facebook in todays age of bloat.

your friends should uninstall bloatware.
i3 is more than enough for common tasks

they're all probably dualcores so they're all equally shit.

i unironically run a core 2 duo and have no issues, but normies are normies

another issue is the i5 only comes with a 256 gb ssd but the i3 gets a 1tb hdd
i have literally thousands of pictures saved to my old laptop. it's hard drive is at maximum capacity. in fact i think it might have caused it to fail. i need lots of memory space for this

There are lots of reasons to go for an i5 instead of an i3 and you should know em. But you're already deadset on buying the i3, your posts in this thread reflect that. So why are you here pretending to ask for someone to convince you otherwise?
You know the stance of this board, just get a T530 for 150$ and a 1tb hard drive for another 80$ max.
But no, you won't listen, but still make a thread. You're part of the cancer that is killing this website.

Get Acer AMD, should be about same price but better iGPU if you'll ever need it.

Get the i5 because 5 > 3 and bigger number = better.

if you store all your data on a shitty hard drive on a laptop you constantly move around, it will all be lost eventually anyway, create a proper backup solution

this

And remember if your hard drive dies you can never ever ever recover your data ever unless you backed it up to the icloud. Data recovery services are all scams and never work. Don't be fooled. If your hard drive dies just throw the computer away and get a Mac.

Crazy not to have a ssd for all running programs and OS. Get the ssd one and buy a cheapo 2tb spinner.

Get a Ryzen laptop. Basically the same shit except much better graphic performance and significantly less CPU bugs.

Like what?
What will happen to it?
Fuck.
The hard drive is making a weird noise in my old laptop which is the only reason I'm getting a new one.
It makes this weird whining noise and it I leave it open for longer than like 5 minutes it starts to make this really loud scratching noise.
How can I get the stuff off it without having the laptop open?

You're literally a dumbass I'm not deadset on anything in fact I'm starting to lean towards the i5 now.
No thanks to you though.

You need secondary storage no matter which one you get. If you get the smaller SSD model you can upgrade to a M.2 1tb SSD for about $100 now. Either way you should also get an external drive for backup.

Also which i3 is it? If it's a 4C/4T Coffee Lake similar to an i3-8100 then it should be fine. I still have a desktop i5-4690 and it's fine for general desktop use, even with light gaming. People probably complain about slow i3s either because they're older gen, or 2C/4T which is garbage nowadays, or they leave the crapware on the laptop from the manufacturer which eats up several GB of RAM with startup garbage.

Attached: 5.jpg (1200x1731, 351K)

Oh no no no no

hahahahaha

Attached: e15.jpg (775x500, 164K)

this post hurted my feelings =/

Garbage laptop. Get a thinkpad.
I got a t420 w/ i7 for $120
I got a x61t for $16
Both will run faster than your Acer aspire. All you need is an ssd + Linux.

>not buying a complete freedom laptop
>not buying a Librem 13 or 15

literally op could not have chosen a shittier laptop

op get a thinkpad or if thats too sperg then pls chose something that will break in 1 year