Buy a 1000$ Dell XPS laptop

> Buy a 1000$ Dell XPS laptop
> This happens

What's your opinion on Dell, Jow Forums ?

Attached: Dell XPS 13 9380 (1).webm (1920x1080, 931K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=macbook pro screen dead on arrival
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Dell XPS 13 9380 (2).webm (1920x1080, 980K)

Their workstation laptops are decent, but you are a complete retard if you buy any of their consumer products.

Except for an HP a long time ago, I always bought from Dell (until now I suppose). The motherboard of my first Dell broke, the Jack port of my second one broke...

But is their reputation that bad ? I always thought I was unlucky.

Their warranty support for the XPS line is pretty good at least. You'll actually get to speak to someone who can speak english.

Why is this laptop still in your house and not on its way back for a replacement?

Their largest problem right now is windows. XPS 13 is the only laptop I've owned in my entire life that doesn't throttle. Fuck, haven't seen the fans even turn once outside of running system updates while simultaneously charging and watching Netflix. Steve Jobs would be blueballed into orbit watching the machine run.

Actually they were competent enough answering to this problem. I did not send back the computer, a technician actually came and changed the whole screen. We spoke for three hours while drinking coffee, it was cool (he was a subcontractor)

based dell support.

Did you get a sniff of his cock?

I can't buy Dell because Michael Dell is a Jew.

Attached: 1544908429812.jpg (818x693, 91K)

dellete

>We spoke for three hours while drinking coffee, it was cool (he was a subcontractor)
Where's he taking you this weekend?

Olive Garden

That sucks OP. I bought a 9360 in late 2017 and it is still going fine. I mostly use it for word processing and note-taking at university.
I didn't know about chinkbooks then but after using a Mi Book, I'd rather the XPS.

Macbook Pros don't have this problem.

Dude
lmgtfy.com/?q=macbook pro screen dead on arrival

LOL FLEX GATE

>Buys bottom end dell
>thinks $1000 price is high
>probably damaged screen
>flexes it beyond angle recommended

jesus, that's some service

Even though the XPS does seem to have some pretty bad QA issues leading to you getting a problematic laptop, their service for it is incredible and extremely polite. I got unlucky and ran into 3 units with issues, by the third one they upgraded me to the latest model, gave me more RAM, and even gave me the Enterprise version with the Intel Wifi card instead of the Killer one. Was a good deal by the end of it.

Had this exact issue when I bought a lenovo yoga laptop last summer. Returned it the same day for a version that actually worked. It might just be chinks making crappy displays.

>buy consumer trash at any price
>get surprised when it acts like consumer trash

Attached: black_hole.jpg (700x700, 209K)

My first laptop was a dell inspiron 1525 and it was an absolute beast. It got a hell of a beating during my high school years but just kept on running. The thing to finally go on it was one of the hinges. After that I took it apart, put the motherboard alone in a small case, ran its vga output to an old crt monitor and used it as a retro game machine. It's still kicking around somewhere in my shed.

I've only ever owned Dell Latitudes
>D630
>E6400
>E6430
...the E6430 is a nice sweet spot between old quality and newer hardware.
It needed a BIOS update before it would boot a Linux disk though

Attached: 1555189380187.png (330x357, 32K)

I hated my XPS 9550, but defects like OP are easily serviced.
Dell's service is also pretty good, according to people who keep their Dell products.

>consumer trash
what does that even mean?

It means you're a newfag and should stop posting.

That's why I only buy Lenovo. Great value for money.

>buying anything other than a thinkpad
you deserve it

Fuck Im so sick of companies always copying apple

just leave the monitor in a position where there's no issue? seems to work

> Display crashes when slightly moved
> Hurr just don't ever close your laptop

You have a mac owner mentality

Ya, same shit happens to my xps 9360. Not as easy to reproduce though. The panel is pretty low quality in general as well and I paid the 300 extra for the 4k one.

In all honesty, macbooks are the only laptops I've owned where the construction actually seemed solid, but they only run fagos or windows.

>meaningless buzzwords instead of explaining your bullshit statement
checks out

mbp doesnt have this problem

See

>still replying instead of looking up the difference between consumer and professional equipment

That's pretty basic support for business hardware.

>buy a cheap acer laptop
>works fine with loonix and windows
why you need a fucking 1000$ laptop ofr shitposting?

Aesthetics

Is this the same Dell laptop that doesn't support S3 sleep?

Macs literally have this same problem when opening the screen past 90 degrees. Dells are shit though, I saw a brand new consistently drop wifi.

that's gay

Fucken a, dell are so shit with making affordable and good laptops. I mean 1k for this piece of shit ? I swear, can dell jack up their prices more ? Its ridic

Dell products could be solid but they need a lot more QA on their high end stuff. My XPS 13 I bought 3 years ago has a bad wireless chip, dead pixels, a bad keyboard, and a defective battery, but on paper it should have been the perfect laptop for work.

>and a defective battery
I've seen this on Dells a lot too.

Hahha fucking based Dell. If Xiaomi did that, he'd probably secretly wiretap your place.

my opinion ?
stop doing that.

Mine's expanded and slightly pushing out the mousepad. It's a fire hazard or something but I really be bothered to drop money on fixing it or getting a new laptop when I barely use it these days.

>> Buy a 1000$ Dell XPS laptop
>> This happens
>What's your opinion on Dell, Jow Forums ?

One of the companies I support are still a dell shop. I have 3 RMAs/support cases
Two on 9lder latitudes and one an an xps which is still having issues

>What's your opinion on Dell, Jow Forums ?
not really related to laptops, I absolutely do not like or trust Dell at all, haven't for years and years. My gripe with them is actually their non-standard PSU cabling and other silly changes they make to force you to buy replacement parts from them. PSU on that old Optiplex died? Too bad, you'll have to get a special one just for your model and you probably can't get a new one from Dell anymore.

I honestly don't know what their laptops look like on the inside and I don't want to know.

my macbook pro doesn't have this problem

Currently using a Dell E5420, and I can confirm that latitudes are fucking based. The keyboard is so nice and quiet

No it's not. That's standard for premium (paid) consumer warranty nowadays and often included in business warranty from retailers/shops.

So? Get it fixed or replaced faggot. Instead of focusing on thousands of tiny components working in unison without fault to provide you with this experience you nitpick on screen cable contacts like a negative unappreciative faggot you are. Fuck you.

I have this job. Pays 18/hr just need your own truck and tools

My xps 15 9560 has been perfect I don't know what kind of chink garbage you guys are doing

my huawei matebook x pro doesn't do this

>macshit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1551139462190.webm (640x360, 1.68M)

I've had a Dell 3007WFP for 13 years now as my main monitor. Still works wonderfully despite an arm failure once sending it backflipping off my desk straight onto the ground.

Certainly not amazing for current monitor specs, it's CFL backlit and weighs half a tonne and only has a DVI port but I am still quite happy with it.

>pajeet hands
please do the needful sir

Yeah and that was a 150$+ warranty

No, that's just normal for Dell, and Vizio, and Office Depot, and lots of other consumer electronic companies who subcontract out their in-home support. I would know since I used to do field tech work for them. The only people who think this is unusual is literal iToddlers who are so used to waiting for 5 hours at the Gay Bar to get their broken fruit trash warranty denied by some smelly third worlder in a blue tshirt.

>users latitude AC jack breaks
>$300+ pro plus warranty
>send it back to dell in a 1 day shipping box
>ticket says they replaced the entire motherboard and LCD, literally 90% of the cost
>but not the scratched backing, OK lol
>laptop arrives back
>all acrews are stripped
>CPU fan not plugged in
>iGPU melted or some shit and it artifacts
>they blame the SSD and send another
>humor them and swap it
>they then send a guy with a new motherboard after 4 more days of me emailing them
>RMA the SSD using the prepaid shipping labels
>labels don't match what they have in their system and they try to invoice me for the SSD

He cant see the proof because macs cant display webms.

Always bought Asus laptops and never had a problem.