Worst programming languages

What does Jow Forums think of codementor's list on the worst programming languages to learn in 2019?

Attached: Worst Programing Languages to Learn in 2019 Rankings.png (1600x1680, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codementor.io/blog/worst-languages-2019-6mvbfg3w9x#worst-programming-languages-in-2019
kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/sealed-classes.html
kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/inline-functions.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Link to article:
codementor.io/blog/worst-languages-2019-6mvbfg3w9x#worst-programming-languages-in-2019

Imagine not being able to adapt to any programming language.
Imagine having to learn programming.
>What does Jow Forums think of codementor's list on the worst programming languages to learn in 2019?
Ho can I take this ranking serious if HolyC isn't rank 1.

> be me
> live in Paris
> ruby / rails dev
> good position in a funded startup
> get an average of 2 job offers on linkedin weekly
> Ruby #1 in worst language for job market
> kek

Where is PHP?

You have it backwards user

yeah, next time I'll read the article before commenting

Basically the list of hipster languages

>haskell
>:(

What a crap article
>"Worst language ranking"
>Higher up in the list is actually considered better on the graph
>Article talks about how R fell 7 places yet its on rank 2

toy languages for people who created a problem and a language to solve it someday the bubble will burst.

What a strange use of the word "engagement." I wonder if the creator of the picture had been asked to use a different word, instead, what would he have used?

Not much. You should choose your language based on whether or not it's suited for the problem you're working on or if it will get you a decently paid job. What the fuck does it matter if the community engagement on facebook, twitter or reddit is shit?

>This year, we’re going to look at how the rankings have changed from 2018 to 2019 and give you the scoop on which languages you probably should not learn as a **first programming language**.
>As always, we are in no way disparaging the usefulness of these languages or questioning their worth.
The title is misleading, the selection arbitrary (truly dead or extremely niche languages, that you really shouldn't learn, unless you have an important reason to do so, don't get any attention) and in return the list is worthless.

Attached: Community_Elm_2019.png (1600x1198, 167K)

>c# is somehow worst to learn compared to
>ruby (currently being replaced everywhere, very few new project are being made with it)
>objective-c (now iFags are learning swift)
>clojure, elm, elixir (let's forget about employement, personally I like Modula-3)
No visual basic on that list
No pascal on that list
Pure bait

>Brainfuck not on the list
You all LAUGHED when I said I would learn it! Well, WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!?!?!?

>Imagine having to learn programming
it still takes time getting used to the language. still, i agree that it doesn't take all that much effort to learn another languages once you got basic concepts down.

t. doesn't have a job
it is still used everywhere.

To be honest, someone who initially began coding in Java or Python need a *decent* to get into functionnal programming (F#, common lisp) or anything exotic (Forth)

*decent* time to get into
Forgot a word I'm drunk sorry

well, yeah. that's why they teach you paradigms instead of languages in universities and collages. language that's being taught isn't all that important although it makes sense to teach something useful.

>R on second place

b8

The OP just copy and pasted the wrong image. Here is the actual ranking.

Attached: hcBmfjDCRSu1F5SyTvlI[1].png (1600x1682, 285K)

All I need is Pascal.

Based Kotlin. Fuck Dart.

>VHDL?

not a programming language.

t. retard

The world is not ready for Rust yet...

Attached: ferris-plushie-montage.jpg (1457x1235, 676K)

eternal tard

What kind of masochist would use CoffeeScript in 2019

What's the new meme tech replacing it nowadays ? TypeScript ?

Attached: 2f941856834c6446507d278c45b095b3e22f722e.jpg (510x624, 68K)

Elm

Just plain ES6+, optionally transpiled to ES5- using Babel if you need compatibility with older browsers

> 4 differents transpilers for the same shit

Guys, I hope that you DO realize that your meme language is a clusterfuck created by zoomer with ADD ?

And that it's ruining our field ?

Attached: fmly1mo60lg21.jpg (443x455, 33K)

fuck whoever made this list fucking zoomer cunts using macbooks
swift has no fucking future as long as it stays on apples gay ass platform
also
>putting c#/typescript/go on this list at all when they're clearly proven languages used all over
fuck these dumb cunts

Is there really a reason to use anything besides PHP, Python, and Javascript in 2019?

Not sure about Elm and CoffeeScript can go die in a ditch, but ES6 transpilers are only needed because of browser-side issues, eg the same code can run anywhere from Safari 2007 to Chrome 75 and you need to ensure you have a decent coverage
In a perfect world ES6 transpilers wouldn't be needed, but you'll always have retards browsing with IE6 that you need to account for

ok. what the fuck is ruby on rails. everyone talks about it but no one says what it is

Attached: 1555224666087.jpg (1322x867, 189K)

Not really if you want to make a stable business.
But just let the zoomers be happy on their hype train.

Attached: 361d947d3535b40c19cd0d2c678255d1.png (529x624, 449K)

Zoomer detected lmaooo

RoR was all the rage 10 years ago in the web dev field.
You can still find a lot of gigs with it tho.
See

Attached: 2f9d0a0d34bbd527f122b1ef265104dd.jpg (720x292, 52K)

that list is entirely unsurprising and more within expectations.

ROR is basically a web delivery stack based on Ruby. You have models for how the front end talks to the backend, and it used to be super popular for web apps. Now it's mostly getting replaced by .NET stacks and whatever other new stuff is coming out this year.

C# learning F# and F# isn't even on the list.

I don't understand why they say Ruby is bad to learn. It's not the newest most popular thing anymore, sure, but at my company one of the reasons we're moving away from Ruby is it's so hard to find developers who know it.

Kinda sad. Elm is a great language compared to the clusterfuck of React.

>stupid ass HR tier questions
>stupid ass zoomer tier response in the most low effort and indirect way possible.

I'm not really seeing the issue in this.

>PHP
Is PHP still being used? I thought Javascript was supposed to be used in place, then again I know shit about web development.

read a fucking book you dumbass nigger

I refuse to believe there are more Erlang jobs available than C#.

im not a programmer. i dont wanna be a programmer. programmers dont make any money and they are all virgins. just tell me what ruby on rails is and stop being such a hard ass you virgin. good lord, get fucking laid.

It's used by this one small startup called Facebook or something like that

Got it, so the graph is just badly labelled.

Kotlin is hipster garbage that nobody is going to lose in a couple of years.

>don't learn Kotlin
>Android community moving to Kotlin

Okay pajeet

>Android community moving to Kotlin
The majority still codes in Java and besides, Android is going to be replaced by Fuchsia.

If you take a at look at backends, NOBODY uses Kotlin there. It's still all Java because if you actually know Java 8+ Kotlin is a true meme.

>Ruby, TypeScript, C#, and Swift in worst language to learn
I fucking doubt that man. Most of those languages are memelangs or deadlangs, but the above are popular and I can find openings for them everywhere. Who the fuck compiled this list?

Yeah not like Facebook was so fed up about PHP retardations they replaced it by Hack (aka their version of PHP)

>VB

Good luck finding a job in VB in 2019
Most of the time it's maintenance for old ass clients or worse
VB.NET is just slightly better but that's all

the list is to be read as :

C# is the best lang to learn
Dart is the worst lang to learn

>ctrl-f perl
>nothing
I'm so lonely

good job learning absolute ass nigger, fag

While I find it an absolute blast to use Kotlin, I kind of fear what normies will do with it. I can already see the nested .also's.

> Imagine losing your time learning only programming languages

Explain. What's so fucking "blast" about Kotlin?

Convenience syntax out the ass, mostly. Also has decent functionals (not quite Scala level in terms of its type system, but takes a lot from the language), but any self-respecting language should have THAT nowadays.

Android is a dead platform. Learn Flutter.

So basically it's gimped down Scala for brainlets lmfao. In the real world, you won't code any faster or safer than me in Java.

Yes I do. But not because my language, because I'm better than you.

You still haven't given any specific examples of how Kotlin is so much better than Java.

>clojure worse than perl
LMAO

I was not made aware that I was ever requested to do so. I, personally, do not view Kotlin as a direct competitor to Java. I would never even touch the JVM if I had to use Java to do so. Fucking ancient language. Misguided and necrotic.

As per your request to indulge your pathology: nah.

> I would never even touch the JVM if I had to use Java to do so. Fucking ancient language. Misguided and necrotic.
Oh and what's a better alternative? Go? Lmfao

The truth is you don't know shit about Java. You initially learned Kotlin without ever taking a look at Java. Maybe you learned Java at your meme School and never got into Java 8 and 9, spreading bullshit about it but that's not even the funniest part about it. What's even funnier is that you're mentioning Kotlin and Scala in the same breath which shows how clueless you are about both Scala and Kotlin.

>Coroutines, Extension functions, Sealed/Data classes, Unsigned types, Inline functions/lambdas, Assignable if/when etc.
I probably forgot a lot more.

Oh yeah, of course I did.
>Nullable/non-nullable types, smartcasts, readonly/mutable collections

>Coroutines
wtf do I need that for? I can use Java 9's Flow API. I can use RxJava etc..
>Extension method
Use Lombok or create a static method? kek
>Sealed data classes
Lombok, also project valhalla
>Unsigned types
hello Java 8
>Inline lambdas
but I can do this in Java
>assignable if/when
I can basically do this in Java 12

Google harder

That roast damn

>imagine thinking that God's programming language is bad
How can you be this much of a faggot?

>non-nullable
absolute meme for brainlets who can't code
>smartcast
p-please do more magic for me. p-puting a word in braces is too complicated
>mutable collections
absolutely disgusting

lmfao @kotlinfags

Attached: creates-android-app-calls-himself-a-developer.jpg (400x400, 98K)

>non-nullable types

Attached: 43073_g1.jpg (2000x2000, 1.05M)

>wtf do I need that for?
>What is structured concurrency

>Use Lombok or create a static method?
Yeah and then forget about them and create another one and then another one.
>LMAO you just need to DON'T forget about them
Tell that other people who work on the same project

>Lombok, also project valhalla
I don't think java can do this
kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/sealed-classes.html

>hello Java 8
>long and int are still signed, only some methods treat them as if they were unsigned

>but I can do this in Java
No you can't, nigger kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/inline-functions.html

>I can basically do this in Java 12
Because java copied it from Kotlin just like Records.

>absolute meme for brainlets who can't code
>p-please do more magic for me. p-puting a word in braces is too complicated
>absolutely disgusting
>YOU DON'T NEED IT I SAID SO

>I only write fizzbuzzes
Hello CS student.

>Yeah and then forget about them and create another one and then another one.
??? I don't suffer from dementia like you
>Tell that other people who work on the same project
I don't work with brainworks like you
>I don't think java can do this
Imagine being this retarded. You can
>sealed class
Java can do this
>Because java copied it from Kotlin just like Records.
And Kotlin copied it from Scala.. both languages using the JVM kek.

>ad-hominem
Android devs are retard hipsters and basically frontend wage slaves, that's why only Android fags use Kotlin. Backend is still all Java.

I use kotlin for backend and it works perfectly. You don't even need a specialized framework because every java framework works with kotlin. But a lot of them now officially support kotlin like Spring, Vert.x etc. (By support I mean coroutines support)

I don't get it.
>Worst programming languages
>#1 for job market, Ruby
>#1 for community engagement, C#
So it means worst for job market or best for job market? If the latter, why is it titled Worst programming languages?

>I use kotlin for backend and it works perfectly.
I never claimed it doesn't but nobody actually uses Kotlin in backends. No big enterprise, because Kotlin is a meme and in the end you're going to do the same shit with Kotlin.

Reminder that every "feature" Kotlin offers is basically a workaround just like with features that Java libraries like Lombok are offering you. Not only that, you'll face problems when making use newer JDK features in conjunction with Kotlin. Simple example is jlink or the modular system in general. It often does not work with Kotlin projects and requires workarounds. It's just not worth the trouble.
I don't see why anyone would use this over Scala other than being a brainlet anyway.

this is just meaningless lists of popular languages. Also no C++? wut.

>R and Kotlin up 7 tiers
>What to learn for 2019
>Python and Java

link in pics is 404, anyone clever enough to archive?

the link to the article is in the second post dude

>integrated, language-level syntax are """"features""" and workarounds
>but external libraries designed to get around the crippling lack of modern design concepts in java are not legit features and not workarounds

Yeah. You're just resistant to change. You've stopped growing in an industry where that means death. I hope you're at least 50 years old and an indispensable senior-level developer in your company.

It's faggot 'opinionated' bdfl is killing it. Sad really.

Thangyew - chalk it up to oblivious blindness.

get better

Commodore 64 BASIC V2

I'm not resistant to change at all, quite the opposite but Kotlin doesn't make a real life difference like Scala for example.

Kotlin is not bad but it's nothing revolutionizing and above all, nothing necessary. In production, the small benefits just aren't worth it.