Can anyone of you faggot geniuses tell me why do linux distros and DEs lag and shutter like shit on this machine but...

Can anyone of you faggot geniuses tell me why do linux distros and DEs lag and shutter like shit on this machine but Windows 10 runs smooth as butter as if I was on i7 32GB or some high end computer?
I know you also know this or even poor enough to realize this yourself.
And this is all the proof you will ever need that linux is inferior to Windows.
So tell the truth for once. Linux sucks and it is not compatible to do day to day tasks for your average Joe. So stop shilling it.
Forget about software support, I don't think you realize that another blackhole which you don't want to get close to by discussing it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-14 17-44-41.png (879x507, 41K)

Because you didn't add nonfree RPM Fusion

Probably user error.

Because xorg doesn't have a concept of vsync. Opengl compositors are added on top but bugs in drivers cause poor vblank adherence.

..that *it's another blackhole..
I have done that. I have been using linux since 2008 on different machines. And I have been using windows since 1999. I don't discriminate but windows is just so much better than linux in every aspect.

Hello and congratulations on making the 15th concurrent wintard cope thread on this board today. I must regrettably inform you that it works on my machine. So well infact, that it works better than Windows. Maybe the issue is on your end? No, but seriously. Consider educating yourself before you wreck yourself.

linux is server os

Defaults are obnoxiously silly and there's only two available display servers, both of which are absolute garbage. So you're stuck with tearing, stuttering or input lag, or all of the three. There's no perfect experience there really. Specially with heavy shit like GNOME which uses a retarded compositor or KDE which uses a quite heavy one.

It's a losing battle and people will tell you that it's perfect because they use intel graphics on a laptop and do nothing but watch youtube videos and rice their shit all day.

Thanks for telling the truth. Also still no thumbnail on filepicker. lmao

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-14 18-29-51.png (752x286, 81K)

I don‘t have a problem with any of this, and I‘m actually gayming on my linux + using a rx480 as gpu on a 144hz fhz monitor + a 21:9 monitor aside.
As always with Linux, it simply strongly depends on the drivers which are available for your hardware. For me, everything works fine. A friend of me with another gpu had a lot of problems until he finally fixed it after weeks.

This is bullshit. I dualboot windows and linux, and KDE is much snappier and more responsive than laggy windows.

Windows doesnt have a filepicker either unlike KDE which has a great one.

okay big guy, why don't you go to craiglist, buy this toaster and tell me how well your linux runs.
Now install Windows on it and tell me the difference.
>Windows doesnt have a filepicker either
(You)

I have an RX570 and I had to write down a bunch of fixes to make KDE run "smoothly". I gave up on GNOME and I better run games on fullscreen or without composition or I will be subjected to input lag.

But the funniest thing about all of this is that when I provide info I'm told to disable vsync, disable composition, basically gimp myself so that I can have something functioning well. I spent 3 days looking for solutions for this stupid shit. When people tell me they have things working fine without doing anything they strike me as the type that just call "fine" to frameskipping every 3 seconds while scrolling on websites.

I own the same GPU and gave up using KDE. It's a complete shit full of stutter, input lag and everything.

I migrated to Gnome and the problems are over. As much as Gnome is a complete crap at least it's working.

linix is a meme lmao
that's what you get for running a tranny kernel

My laptop with 4GB RAM and i3-3220m has no problem Debian, Fedora and Windows 10 multiboot, my old C2D Latitude D630 ran Ubuntu quite fine but was slow as balls with Windows 7 for some reason. I couldn't say why your experience is like this.

But OP's shit laptop uses an iGPU. I can't see how your argument is relevant here.

This is the shit that I have to do with the RX570. And you will probably notice a stutter once or twice here and there still because of course things are never fucking perfect.

Yeah, refresh rate at 70. Despite using a refresh rate of 60hz. Because Kwin is r e t a r d e d

Attached: kwin_is_diarrhea.png (367x435, 14K)

>it is not compatible to do day to day tasks for your average Joe.
Yes, it is. An average Joe needs to browse the internet to look at cat memes, and maybe work on a basic spreadsheet or use a word processor, there is software available in most distro repositories capable of handling each of these tasks. I personally don't experience any issues with tearing or stutter or input lag, not even when playing games like CS:GO, sucks to be you.

Must be on Fedora and the fact you're using gnome, the worst DE on earth.
I never had Debian, or arch, or even small project distros like Void lag or stutter. I never install gnome too, that's probably your worst mistake

>the actual state of kwin

How you can overclock your monitor on linux? I'll tried with CVT and Xrandr but doesn't work.

>I have been using Linux since 2008
>yet I still haven't figured out that Gnome3 is a piece of shit or how to install KDE
Your main problem seems to be that you're a brainlet.

>GNOME
Try KDE or Xfce.

>kde
Enjoy your stutter and input lag
>xfce
Enjoy your screen tearing

I don't. I don't actually use a refresh rate of 70hz. It's just if I don't set that up kwin stutters because.... I don't fucking know? It's dumb. I found this fix somewhere, tried with 60 and it stuttered, tried with 61 and it did too. Removed it, same thing. I tried every individual fix without anything else. I need all of that shit in order for it to be moderately smooth.

In contrast I will say though, that compiz on MATE doesn't require this bullshit.

Oh and before everyone comes and says "try compiz bro it's the best thing ever" that shit is obnoxiously laggy and fuck setting it up.

compton I mean. Fuck.

windows sucks all the dick.
>.t dual booter

>KDE stutters and lags
???
doing what?
I have KDE / win 10 dual boot on my thinkpad and its both pretty smooth.

If you have a shit pc / laptop get a lighter distro with xfce.

GNOME

is there a linux de that has neither of those?

Manjaro KDE and LM XFCE

Linux lagged too on my Haswell machine. But with Ryzen, no problems.

2/10 bait
try harder next time

Xfce on Mint, on any distro if you install xfwm 4.13, which stable distros don't ship with because it's a "dev version".
KDE is fine from my experience. Only GNOME has stutter and lag, and usually anything based on it (pantheon, deepin, cinnamon).

User error

Fedora is Wayland by default tho

I have a very similar system. The answer is GNOME. Fedora is the best OS otherwise (in my view).

>linux
>os

My laptop runs f29 like a champ and is one of those low-performance, long-life models
I use cinnamon for the DE though

I run KDE in my X230 and it runs like champ.

I also dual boot Fedora 30 KDE/Windows 10 in my T450 and Windows 10 is noticeably more sluggish.

>And this is all the proof you will ever need that linux is inferior to Windows.
In that case that, I use that exact same distro in a Broadwell i5 laptop and it works fine, and that's all the proof you will ever need that Linux is superior to Windows.

Because you're being used by GNOME

>why do linux distros and DEs lag and shutter like shit
Honestly, I've never had this issue on anything but Manjaro Linux, and I've run the whole gambit from anemic potatoes, to relatively powerful machines with 32G of RAM. I also should mention, I've used all of the bloaty DE's like KDE, Unity, and Guh-nome.I'm typing this on a Wangdows desktop,and it's no better, if that's any consolation.

stop being retarted, this is all you need to do

Attached: 2019-04-10-201720_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 530K)

see

I didn't need to do this

I guarantee that OP had an oem copy of Windows than didnt understand why his Linux distro can't perform well without drivers

Attached: 1553460493845.jpg (465x288, 15K)

IO scheduling on linux is terrible. Give it a single heavy desktop app, and it falls over itself trying to keep up with the demand.

It's a GNOME!
And you've been GNOMED!

Attached: 1553596073535.png (140x202, 34K)

>lag and shutter
gnome

>mfw there is actually someone telling the truth

no you dumbass, he's not complaing about tearing and he's not using xorg either and xorg has had vsync forever

If you somehow got linux to run worse than windows then you probably fucked something up.

Hur dur it's because you are using systemd.
install gentoo and i3.

>no thumbnail
then what's this im seeing in your image?

The funny thing is that nvidia actually wants to fix this problem for nvidia users but freetards are blocking nvidias EGL approach. They are fucking niggers.

>being this much of a boomer

protip - xubuntu lts + xfwm 413

>GNOME 3.30
If you're talking about some GUI elements running at like 10 fps... That's why. 3.32 fixed the vast majority of that shit

I bothered installing loonix again, this time around Kubuntu because I had it around, tried that right now and it didn't do dick, not sure about what it does.

Yeah it's called installing a linux distro, that's kinda fucked up by itself. Pressing next on a installer, choosing a partition and providing an user/password, that's all you gotta do to fuck it up.

Attached: Screenshot_20190414_234510.png (617x311, 12K)

dude there are guys literally running gnome3 on x200 in fedora, stop making shit up

I've been suffering with screen tearing for a while. What defaults do you think are obnoxiously silly?

gnome3 has always ran fine unless you seriously did something wrong

Freetards get in their own way. It's just what they do. It's like commies and being obvious about their anti-capitalism instead of changing things from the inside even if it means being slightly capitalist for the time being.

Because linux gui and basic graphics capabilities (like outputting an image on the screen) of xorg and wayland in general are way below standard set by windows or mac. They are literally the most shit major components in linux and is the main reason why linux hasnt been adopted by consumers. People judge by appearace and first look and if you can move system windows or watch a video without horrible tearing then no one will use a system like that

You're holding it wrong, guys.

you have to use an anime wallpaper for increased performance

>People judge by appearace and first look and if you can move system windows or watch a video without horrible tearing then no one will use a system like that

I mean, what can you expect? Between the fact that other OSes dealt with that generations ago, some normal people haven't even experienced such thing, and there's a bunch of fucking neckbeards that keep spouting nonsense like "tearing doesn't exist!" "it's just a placebo, awful eyesight" to keep it being terrible and murky we're never getting a competent display server on linux. That's probably one of the things they should focus on the most and yet there's nothing there. I remember when wayland was being talked about like a great thing. What the fuck happened?

Wayland is in exact situation as x server, it doesnt work properly. Its good enough for outputting an image on the screen so you know whats happening but it is not smooth or tear free

I mean I know these motherfuckers masturbate to terminals full of text based nonsense like screenfetch but come on they gotta do something more than putting pictures on a screen

Loonix programmers are incapable of doing graphics

install and configure proper drivers faggot
kys and read the rules

that's not a thumbnail though nigger, it's a preview panel that every OS and file explorer has.

hmm, I just checked by enabling it and rebooting, it did nothing. I guess that must of been a case of correlation =/= causation. My only thought is that is was a kde update. Here is my kde version:
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
Qt Version: 5.11.3
Kernel Version: 5.0.7_1
OS Type: 64-bit

>it is not smooth or tear free
Yes, it is. You can see it for yourself in the Weston reference compositor. Wayland has issues, but this is not one of them.
If it feels laggy and shitty to you, it means your GPU's manufacturer is a lazy jew.

I played games on linux, 3d AAA titles that didnt lag or had screen tearing, so why is it a team of 50 people can make a game that graphically runs fine using existing driver on linux but an entire linux community that potentially consists thousands or even tens of thousands developers cant make a gui that doesnt lag or tear when I am trying to move a dialog box or watch a video.

That's something I just can't understand. Windows is a cluster fuck of code that probably nobody knows how it really works but still runs smooth.
Meanwhile I can't even scroll a page in Linux without getting stutter.

this no matter what hardware or software, if you are a retard you will always have problems

This, OP is holding his computer wrong.

>let us dictate your entire ecosystem
>no
>FUCKING COMMIE REEEEEE
Because video games aren't window managers.

It goes more like this.
>let us help you fix this shit you made
>NO FUCK YOU SHIT COMPANY DOESN'T WANT TO USE MY SHIT API

/thread

Windows 10 runs like absolute ass for me unless I get rid of a fuck ton of background processes. Once I do that and use a SSD it runs about as good as KDE or a heavier DE like that, but lightweight DEs run 100x better than windows 10. Linux is notorious though for not being super compatible with certain hardware so that can be an issue. I think only retards claim Linux is perfect, it has flaws for sure, something I think is shit in Linux is the audio. With Linux it isn't all in one like Windows and Mac so the culprit of bugs and problems might not necessarily be Linux itself, but something like the DE you are using, the distro, the display server. But windows has flaws too, and for many people here the flaws of Windows are less tolerable than the flaws of Linux.

It would be easier for Nvidia to just give the FOSS community what it needs to implement ecosystem friendly drivers, but they insist on jumping through hoops. And even then they will probably go back to only pretending to give a shit, since SteamOS never really took off.
As much as I despise Intel as a company, they have never had a problem with releasing their IGP drivers as FOSS. No excuses.