>wine now plays Windows games better than Windows

Attached: Screenshot.jpg (1186x779, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine/dMxi8nBb1AA/ZQQJsMqdqAEJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>diablo 2, a game from 20 years ago
>it's not even fullscreen
>gay ubuntu default terminal
>1.21mb screenshot
ok retard.

Salty windows user

Get with the program, dude. You're supposed to bash Linux and complain about problems unique to your (poor) setup. Hell hath no fury like a seething windows user.

Well Wine is still not nearly stable or reliable enough to recommend to the average gamer.

Source? Wine has improved drastically over the years, but it's still not on Windows level compability.

>wine now plays Windows games better than Windows
that has been said for years now. Tell me when you have more then like 10 games that "run better than wangblows"

>Windows level compability
Diablo 2 was also Mac compatible on release

>D2 released almost 20 years ago
Fuck me. I remember waiting for it to launch.

Attached: 1513328199937.jpg (793x786, 54K)

>no 3dfx
>not even plugy
+ all of retardinho kid confirmado
you're 999 years late for diablo 2 on linux

for a moment I thought it's Path of Exile
thanks, but no thanks, I'll keep using gpu passthrough for now

>Plugy nooblet
Opinion discarded

I wanted to replay one old game I had around and Wine did not make id due to some fps quirk. shame

Attached: bs2_07.jpg (800x600, 112K)

>being a macaco phoneposter

>to the average gamer
Assuming the average gamer only plays AAA trash yes. It's usually only games that have DRM in them that don't run very well. Quality of the game aside, No Man's Sky runs perfectly under Wine+DXVK and is a great example of an extremely huge and technologically complicated game.

>the average gamer
The average gamer plays on mobile and console

W-where's full screen? Also why is that weird coding window back in the background?

user, you're a weird kid. I gotta go. Stacey is calling me.

Attached: depositphotos_74694559-stock-photo-big-man.jpg (1024x1024, 71K)

>plugy
Did that baguette faggot finally update for 1.14?

I mean good for linux that it can finally run diablo 2 i guess. Maybe it can run diablo 3 in 40 years

>playing anything but plugy
I bet you never even sat in a Citroën

>Citroen
Any Twingo is better than that

Still runs d2 better than any windows after 7

only /o/ amerilards think twingo isn't a complete shit tier vehicle

t. LARPing Québecois

holly fucking based

Attached: basedandredpiled.gif (367x219, 523K)

Not surprising. GNU+Linux does everything better.

>linjeets always lie
checks out

>wine now plays shit Windows games better than Windows

bro...

>that
>better
lmaOOO

Dont get me wrong, I think linux machines being able to play games is good for the industry overall and I'm happy that wine is constantly improving, but bragging about being able to play D2 is pretty bad.

Although it honestly might be getting to a point where it legitimately does play older games better than windows machines due to how shitty optimization for backwards compatibility (playing games running on ancient direct x versions,

what now?

Attached: 2019-04-14-133614_4480x1440_scrot.jpg (4480x1440, 1.63M)

Would be nice if we could get an OS as modern as windows without all the faggotry
Last good windows for me was 7

Was like this for older games since Vista. And actually since XP for some games like "Planescape: Torment" which was freezing on XP, but not under Wine on Linux.

Ofc today you don't need to run P:T under Wine because there is a native HD version.

Windows fags btfo.

Old games runs way better. Dungeon Keeper 2 is a mess on Windows 7+, while it runs great on wine.

Anticheat too has issues too. Yeah Valve's trying to work with developers of these anticheat and drm things to work with linux.

Wine is just a windows emulator
Sage

>game from 20 years ago
so? do you actually like playing nu-games with empowered women cyborgs in WW2 and niggers in the WW1 german army?

Attached: 1544133965787.gif (386x217, 521K)

H-hey guys I f-f-figured out the b-best settings for m-my emulator!
Do you th-think Linux is cool y-yet???

Look, I know that people are butt bothered about the newest games on loonix. But I'm the opposite. I want to play old games on a CRT. And on loonix I can't figure the hell out of a CRT 15khz setup where I can put my RetroArch and my games and my GroovyMAME and all that shit. On Windows it ain't an amazing experience but it's a fucking installer and some easy setup. On Linux I can't figure it the fuck out unless I download a distro that's already been set up to work that specific ass way.

Wine stands for Win(dows)e(mulator)

why have video gaymes ruined my board. can one person ask tell my why.

Becauuse

T. GPU-let

very poor bait

understandable
what does my rx 560 have anything to do with it. go back to fucking /v/.

D-damage c-c-control

>emulator
Windows API reimplementation and a ton of other things, but not an emulator.

Its better since old Dx9 games now do Vulkan API with wine. I think Wine also does OpenGL -> Vulkan wrapper for further performance increases.

>still runs d2 better then windows !
>capped at 25 frames 800x600
Holy fucking kek

That's how diablo 2 is SUPPOSED to be played.
Modern windows machines show up to 999 FPS which is hilarious in my opinion. It ruins the atmosphere.
Low FPS was intended by the developers - it lowers your reaction times and gives you orientational claustrophobia.

>API reimplementation and a ton of other things
That's just high level emulation.

>Wine FAQ, 7/19/94
>1. What is Wine? What is it supposed to do?
>The word Wine stands for WINdows Emulator. It is both a program loader and an emulation library that will allow Unix users to run MS Windows applications in a Unix environment. The program loader will load and execute an MS Windows application binary, while the emulation library will take calls to MS Windows functions and translate these into calls to Unix/X, so that equivalent functionality is achieved.
groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine/dMxi8nBb1AA/ZQQJsMqdqAEJ

That's precisely my point retard. It doesnt matter if you run it on windows or linux you will still be able to hit the capped 25 and 800x600. Im not advocating you to break the game to run it higher simply laughing at the hilariously autistic fact that you claim it runs better when both get capped at such low settings it LITERALLY doesn't matter

Based Diablo 2 bro
I've been playing again lately too.

Windows has graphical glitches out the ass out of the box.

Except it doesn't try again retard. Love how you ignore everything I said and make some shit up when your proven wrong. Hilarious

It did last time I tried it on windows 8.1. Then the idiots on steam told me to use patches, linking to some dropboxed .exes. Unbelievable.

Attached: wine_is_an_emulator.png (607x352, 15K)

You are a delusional tranny if you think gaming on linux is better than windows

fpbp
op really got fuckt

shut up

Im not delusional it just works

>it just works
>has to use a windows emulator
Stop replying to me and wasting my time writing replies to your retarded comments

It's not a windows emulator, it's an instruction trasnlator.

wow, this font is really cool. Thank you!

W
INE
IS
NOT A
EMU
LATOR

Attached: aspie-gril.jpg (1100x732, 98K)

paedophilia
is
against
the
law

kek mfw WINE runs windows malware better then windows.
What a time to be alive.

Huh??

she's 16 user

wine have become so good at emulating***** windows programs, so it can run the malware windows got, it's fucking kek.

really depends on where you live. It is not against the law in my country (first world)

I got it but I can't think of an example

you nigger in the nordic country's your legal when your 15+

Maybe because anyone who isn't a zoomer has played the game to death? No reason to revist it

Yes.

I meant to include anti-cheat with DRM actually. Thanks for bringing it up

No probs.

> but already said that