Flatpak - a security nightmare

flatkill.org/

Attached: T E N S I O N.gif (292x323, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

firejail.wordpress.com/2017/11/05/own-your-bits-sandbox-your-applications-with-firejail/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not using docker

what are you? hetro?

>redhat
lol

Attached: 1521774717128.gif (350x331, 486K)

>not dabbing on Cucknonical and NSALoonix with AppImage

Attached: ohg4358pcrp21.png (960x888, 125K)

If somebody can append lines to my .bashrc I've got more problems than flatpaks.

>devuan basedboys still seething years later
Lmao

>.org
why do spergs who hate some random linux software always create these websites with .org?

As long as you aren't a "mom using the pc"-tier of user... you will do just fine with (only) firejail.

As someone who uses Flatpaks daily and researched the topic, this website is not convincing me to stop using Flatpak. In fact, it's kind of reassuring that this is the best that they could come up with.

My scent of mints exactly.

(Kinda) clueless user here: Does the average user, in your opinion... "need" flatpak?

GNU/Linux*

as a phd in flatpakness i disagree

Lol at Canonical damage control team trying to make snaps relevant.

as long as my snaps and appimages are safe

Why can't freetards trannies stop fragmenting themselves lmao

guix > flatsnapimage.exe

No but it's useful if you want you want up to date applications and to know the application's permission model in a dead easy to understand way.

Please tell the class why Flatpaks have no sandboxing when the CVE shows that there was a sandboxing escape exploit.

flatpaks > snaps

Chroot + deduplication > flat packs > snaps

just use firejail, senpai
firejail.wordpress.com/2017/11/05/own-your-bits-sandbox-your-applications-with-firejail/

Why do we need flatshit when AppImage exists and is better in literally literally every way?

flatpak, snap, etc are trying to solve a problem that never existed in the first place

This, but unironically

Fragmentation and lack of focus is what keeps the Linux community lively.

And it's made worse when corporations get their grubby paws on it and want to push their solution over the others. See: Snap vs. Flatpak vs. AppImage and Mir vs. Wayland vs. X11 and Upstart vs. SystemD vs. OpenRC vs. SysV vs...
Thankfully, the latter two cases resulted in Canonical dropping out, so we'll see about the future of Snap.

>he fell for the sandbox meme
>he fell for the container meme
>he fell for the virtualization meme

Attached: 1520178871701.jpg (708x480, 41K)

AppImages have no sandboxing, no update manager, no deduplication, and are not portable like people claim.

Who cares when there are no viruses on Linux anyway?