Why do we hate Arch Linux now?

Why do we hate Arch Linux now?

Attached: average arch user.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxfromscratch.org/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IKEA_effect
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We don't. It's just low-IQ people making the threads because they're butthurt they failed to install it.

Because we couldn't install it.

We use Debian because we've deluded ourselves into thinking it's still relevant. People have recently left the project,though, because they know otherwise.

Because well-adjusted people use Debian or Fedora
a rolling release distro is a toy OS for hobbyist neckbeards

S e E t H i N G

Install gentoo

I don't. I use Gentoo, but Arch is ok. Not saying pacman's cli couldn't be a lot better, but it's ok.

>a rolling release distro is a toy OS
I use both a rolling release distro and a LTS distro, daily. Rolling releases aren't even a 1/100 of a percent as unstable as clowns like you portray them to be. Seriously, how fucking haphazardly do you think this whole Linux thing is put together?

Envy.

jealousy

Attached: 1547487493704.png (1680x1050, 247K)

nice rice, and pape.

How is this a thing? I didn't install it for very long because I was told about just how HARD it was. It's dumb easy, just partition, chroot, set your mirrors and pacstrap, set your clock and a root password (don't forget to install grub or systemd-boot) and that's pretty much it, shit takes like 5-10 minutes. I'm very inexperienced with loonix and I found it quite easy to follow.

Attached: 67D281F91DC648EAAB249830A98D1A74.jpg (809x440, 89K)

Dont hate it. I hate the 16 year olds who think they're l33t h4x0rs because they read an instruction sheet to install an OS. Its literally just like any other distro except it doesnt have an installer which is pretty retarded, but whatever.

artix: arch linux but with openrc. best linux distro.

>It doesn't automate the process and lets you set it up the way you want, this is retarded.

Attached: 1547773332981.jpg (720x700, 249K)

> not using manjaro instead of arch

it 2019 who the fuck installs an OS like arch or gentoo for any reason other than to grow their neckbeard out more

what music player and file browser?

because its nice knowing about your system.

I'd rather install things than uninstall things.

>now
install gentoo

Ever since systemd happened. Although I jumped ship even before that.

SYSTEMDICKS
SYSTEMDICKS!!!!
GOD I FUCKING HATE SYSTEMDICKS
IT USES GOOGLE DNS AS A FALLBACK
WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKING FUCKS
AAAAAA

unironically this.

Attached: 2yd22p.gif (360x202, 3.16M)

Yes, Arch community start to make archlinux harder and harder for muh special hobbist linux distribution.

>cringe compilation
>anime

it takes me 10 minutes and 12 commands to install arch linux.

does it even matter though

now? people have been shitting on Arch Linux since 2011 at least.

My first time installing I did everything right except install grub. I figured I fucked something up and tried again from scratch.

Now I am more than pleased with my OS, as opposed to content with Mint, barely satisfied with GalliumOS, uncomfortable with CentOS, slightly annoyed with Ubuntu, and fuming with SparkyLinux or SparkLinux idk which it was.

Installing Arch is easy. They have an install script with it. Just type it in and all the base utilities including an X server will be installed. That's around 4 hundred packages. Proceed with installing a wm and you're done. You can show off how cool you are on Jow Forums fetch threads.

I want to install Arch one day (currently using Debian Stretch). But as time passes, this board is convincing me more and moe that i shouldn't. I've even downloaded Antergos for a little arch experience(idk It seemed comfy )preview but some Arch users started mocking that Arch based distros are for people who are dumb enough to install Arch.

So the problem is never Arch, but it's users.

Easily the best supported Distro for software. Not a single complaint. Even Antergos and Manjaro are good.

>Manjaro
Just use Antergos if you need an Arch installer

what tech literate person ever liked it, it panders to hipsters who are too underground for macs but still want a meaningless fashion accessory to show off and feel superior for owning

It's honestly sour grapes. What other operating system can you install once and update incrementally without worry? What other OS has a user repository making it easy to for the users to easily install less popular packages the go under the radar of maintainers.

Every linux user who works in a professional IT position and uses linux should install from scratch at least once I'd say. I used manjaro beforehand. When I installed arch, i noticed that i don't know jackshit about my OS. Because of this(and mostly networking problems), it took me 1 and a half day to do it the first time. A week later i did it again, 3 hours and I had a fully operational system. Once i buy myself a laptop that isn't a dual core, I'm gonna install gentoo when I find the time to. and after that, I'm gonna install linux from scratch. This experience was very insightful.

Tl;dr Install Gentoo or even LFS at least once if you're planning to stay on linux and work professionally with it. Then use it a while, if you're dissatisfied, just go back to manjaro. This experience will cost some time, but also teaches you a lot

it's mainly people like that i don't like, thinking they are smart because they installed
>that super hard to install distro
because somehow people still recommend this fucking distro to new linux users to learn about linux and then wonder why there is daily a fucking thread about a retard that wasn't able to install arch what gives them a fucking feedback-loop.
that's what pisses me off about the arch community on Jow Forums
the wiki is fine
the disto is..meh
not minimal
systemdicked
unstable
but parabola originated from it and i have somewhat a sweet spot for parabola

Attached: 1524960180557.jpg (792x960, 168K)

>fashion accessory to show off and feel superior for owning
To who? You'd be hard pressed to find even a person on this autistic asian artwork forum who could tell Gentoo from Windows without a screenfetch, let alone, a normie in the real world.

Them Russians.

Because the logo is a fat arch man

>using a scripted init system 20xx

Used Manjaro for a while until an update bricked it and I had to reinstall. Switched back to Arch after, never had this problem. It's too bad really, I was interested in the idea of a rolling release distro with a bit of package padding that could still use the AUR.

that's why so fucking many threads get pumped discussing arch

paraobla did it first

fpbp

what are the commands?

Im gonna do it tomorrow

well yeah, pretty much? distro hipsters are stupid.

Attached: 1553074966248.png (1170x836, 203K)

good luck installing anything on parabola.

>systemdicked
This is true, but Gentoo is the only remotely good distro that doesn't currently use systemd, and not everyone has the time or hardware for a source based distro.
At this point the systemd problem would be easier to solve by convincing Poettering and Sievers to leave the project so devs who aren't kraut psychopaths can fix it.

>We use Debian because we've deluded ourselves into thinking it's still relevant
Stupidest post I read today, thanks user.

cope

It's just shitposting and people trying to create distro wars. Anyone with a functional brain knows arch has good and bad things going for it, like any distro on the planet. Also, the meme that it's a distro for ricing when many other distros, especially Debian, can also be highly riced like arch(might take longer to do so because of some old packages).

>Devuan
>Void
>Antix
>Artix
>Parabola(obviously the openRC version)
there are option

Great advice. Is the Arch wiki enough to install it from scratch or would you recommend other resources, too?

This guy understands.

I generally use Ubuntu, mostly because it seems a lot of devlopers use it as their target OS, so generally... it just werks.

when i get a strong enough box, I'm going to work through gentoo and then LFS and BLFS. ALFS looks interesting too. It's tough trying to compile stuff on a gen 2 i5.

Attached: arch retardation.png (1682x2684, 292K)

>I HAD TO TYPE GPARTED AND CHROOT MYSELF INSTEAD OF A SCRIPT DOING IT FOR ME
>HOLY FUCK I KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT LOONIX NOW HOW CAN ANYONE COMPETE
>*LITERALLY CAN‘T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT CONSULTING THE WIKI*

Attached: 6264F196-70A6-4600-BDBE-554F33BC8564.jpg (592x570, 62K)

please user, elaborate on this. tell me what it lets you set up the way you want it.
and we are not talking about DE or WM here, because a netinstall of debian let's you choose this too.

Something you can literally achieve with a mini iso or net install. Try again kiddo.

The archetypal "busy person with life" doesn't even have time to deal with Windows updates. If you have time to shitpost on Jow Forums, you have time to install Arch.

no, faggots just need an excuse to hate things that do not really matter. To look contrary.

runit is better

no one has time for windows update. Microsoft just shoves its fat black cock up your ass no matter what your schedule is like. deadlines have been missed and phone calls are made in tears every time Microsoft decides to fuck you without lube

Still doesn't mean you should, though. You could devote the effort into actually achieving something worth posting here about.

When he says "from scratch" he's talking about Linux From Scratch, not installing Arch from scratch. linuxfromscratch.org/

This
There are some good arch based distros, and it's just arch with an installer and a good look out of the box
anarchy (you choose what you want, architect based installer)
arcolinux (you don't really choose but it works)
archlabs (you choose what you want, architect based installer)

>file browser
probably ranger

I can't use usb modem from debian netinst
archiso already provided the tools like wvdial
also I can't install from netinst locally like copying *.deb manually to /var/cache/apt/archives

Setting keyboard(if you're a useless Euro)
Partitioning the drive
Setting clock
Mounting Drives to /mnt/ and /mnt/boot
pacstrapping base base-devel and NetworkManager, wifi-manager if on laptop
genfstab
chroot
timezone
hostname
locale
grub shit
root password and useradd if bothering with users

This should give you a functional base install to work with. From there its whatever you decide to use for WM/DE and Display Engine.

Antergos is Arch with an installer. If you liked Antergos you'll like Arch. The only difference is you have no installer. Its hard to describe but I've always felt like Arch ran better than an Antergos install.

>the epic haxxor installation distro afficionado is literally too dumb to install debian

Attached: D32CFF92-E833-4DEB-8F86-BCB74779AFF4.jpg (225x224, 11K)

>Mounting Drives to /mnt/ and /mnt/boot

and /mnt/home

almost like the debian installer didnt accommodate his hardware. also a one-armed retarded monkey can install arch.

If you're bothering to keep the root and home partitions separate, sure. My current setup has a separate home folder but its not a required step by any means.

It‘s almost like it takes 20 seconds to add a package to an install image.

Imagine using an operating system

is that fucking i3 with floating windows?

what is chroot

chroot doesn't magically do this for you.

Is this your first time seeing i3 rice?

>Is this your first time seeing a shit?
FTFY

arch-chroot does

arch-chroot is a script.

>loonix in 2k19

Attached: 1554912761656.jpg (700x700, 209K)

>not using linux in 2019
>center of the milky way galaxy for a brain brainlet.jpg
posting from a windows machine.

Because there is void Linux now

I didn't say it was hard.
I said they couldn't install it.

>(s)he uses jokes as "legitimate arguments"

because ricing is literaly bad for you health.
and all its good, are actualy lies. they make themselfs belive in. research about the ikea effect and you will know what i am talking about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IKEA_effect

>core-correctness
It's kinda funny how they blatantly admit its "incompletness" while calling it a feature of sorts: "That is what makes Arch Linux great and unique!".

my nigga got butthurt

lolwut

Attached: 1554507303081.png (224x68, 8K)

>we
neck yourself

You are correct.
This guy not so much.