Email service for provvacy

What do Jow Forums think of the alternatives to Gmail? For an example ProtonMail. Are they worth it? What do you use and what do you recommend?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1920x1024, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cock.li
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cock.li

Email is inherently unsafe. If for some reason you absolutely need to send something securely over it use GPG. Then it doesn‘t matter which provider you use.

>dudes I can read your mails, trust me I won't

host your own mailcow on digital ocean in the netherlands for $5/mo

I require an email service for a regular basis, and I am trying to deviate as much as possible from Google and other data joink fuckers. Do you have any experiece with any of the alternatives?

I use protonmail. Id say its the best if you as long as you dont mind paying.
Otherwise tutanota might be a better option.

been using them since beta.
they are pretty good and reliable but they are libtards.
so I would recommend them, just don't read their blogs

Posteo & Tutanota are fairly well known, but they used to have some technical limitations with export & availability problems in the past. Startmail is a paid service from Dutchmen behind Ixquick/Startpage, but there‘s little to no user reports about their service. If you‘re hellbent on snooping you might consider buyin a cheap VPS and setting up your own mailserver.

Do you use their paid service? How much is 500MB for emails which is wha you get for the normal version?

Do you risk of running out of storage?

Did you know that protonmail routes all traffic through Mossad servers?

Check nyx.net, they have in the past stood up against Secret Service in that infamous "garden ornament" incident.

Also 1337.no is hard to beat for a funny name.

Attached: 1354398266779.jpg (465x699, 209K)

that's the case for every email provider retard

Protonmail reads your email and bans you if they don't like the contents. Make of that what you will.

manage your own server.

Not Tutanota. Someone post that whistle blower screenshot talking about Tutanota being given a secret order to backdoor their customers via the German government demanding it.

Attached: Barron Sip.png (512x494, 130K)

>reads your email
y'all got any of that source?

Attached: why.jpg (415x454, 18K)

Does someone have the file? I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about. I'm having trouble finding it.

ProtonMail is a fine gmail alternative if you care about basic privacy and security, but it's still a for-profit mail service that requires Javascript for free accounts and selectively cooperates with LE.

protonmail is excellent. stay well clear of google's services.
>and selectively cooperates with LE
how the fuck is that supposed to work when all mail is encrypted on their server using your password/mailbox key? fuck off, fbi retard.

what a compulsive lying faggot. fuck off and die.

>I'm having trouble finding it.
probably because it doesn't exist and only happened in your pea sized mind?

Hey retard, there's more data stored than just your encrypted mail. All of your metadata, contacts, anyone you sent mail to or received mail from, login/logout timestamps, searches made on their web client, and whatever else their Javashit login portal collects on you, all of which can potentially pop your box. It's unlikely you'll have to worry about it, but don't be a fucking brainlet and think Proton won't sell you out if they start getting pressured by US feds.

>believing larpers

I like Tuta because their entire stack is open source and their premium prices are low. Sure, the code they run in production may be a backdoored glownigger branch of their public master, but that can be said about literally all providers.

Encrypt your message bodies yourself and you're fine.

>believing larpers
Too bad Tutanota requires a "backup password" now that is mandatory. Probably also a phone number too at this point.

You really must not understand encryption and basic trust if you have a problem with the recovery password.

If an email provider is compromised, they can just share your plaintext password with the feds. Having a specific problem with the recovery code makes no sense.

Tuta does NOT require phone number.

Lavabit.
Oh, wait :(

>garden ornament incident
Go on.

They're back