Holy shit, you guys weren’t memeing. This guy is damn impressive. (The coding starts at 4 min)

youtu.be/1SWJaiY-8Y0

Holy shit, you guys weren’t memeing. This guy is damn impressive. (The coding starts at 4 min)

So that’s how fast an experienced Vim user can develop, I’ve never seen a better workflow yet.

Tmux + Vim seems to be the workflow only 0.01% best developers like him use.

I’m currently on my way to attain this level, putting vim’s binding and tricks in my memory muscle one by one.
But I have a question tho, without wanting to start a vain flamewar: Can a Emacs user with an equivalent level code this fast ? Should I try Emacs too ? I haven’t find a Youtube video where a coder can reach this speed and efficiency with Emacs.

Also, is there any anons there who have such a Vim level, and who have the time to record a slowed-down youtube video explaining what he is doing step by step ? With the software name ‘screenkey’ enabled

inb4 le drug meme : Yes, of course he is on drugs, watch the beginning of the video (and his eyes also), but who cares, does it change his Vim skills ?

Attached: impressive_vim_user.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vOvQCPLkPt4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The most common feature he seems to use is the cutbuffer, which I use in gnu nano all the time, all you have to do is get comfortable in your editor and you can work fluidly like this, with any editor.

Op fag stop admire that mac user,
Instead of spending time and energy on how to type super fast to impress people..
learn how systems works and create something of your own that will help humanity..

btw, I saw a friend from Microsoft typing faster

What an uninteresting druggie.

How is he so based?

That youtube video is hot garbage.
>eceleb streamer (I'm assuming)
>shilling lame supplements (calling them 'drugs' to make them sound cooler)
>bitcoin

Copying 32 lines of code from the internet in 12 minutes is impressive?

You're all jealous talentless neets.

This guy has hiw own company and is one of the most gifted hacker in the world.
Just google him already ffs.

Is he the greatest programmer of all time?

see this --->

>Just google him already ffs.
Sorry to break the trust in your e-celeb but he's just an attention whore that got carried by other people's exploits and abandoned every project that he couldn't do alone.

> only knows Python
> impressive

You must be easily impressed. Why are you only talking about the software he uses and the speed at which he types? Are you 14?

Why are so many people like you jealous of him?

Cause Jow Forums is full of jealous low IQ neets talking about technos they don't master.

Attached: kimk1-828x435.jpg (828x435, 44K)

Wait, is that Geohot?
Holy fuck, i remember him when he still was a teenager and hacked the iPhone. What is he up to thesedays?

It isn't jealousy. I watch his videos every now and then. I think he is pretty talented but he is not remotely close to being considered part of the " 0.01% best developers". You are either new to programming or very young and impressionable.

Lol what a joke, he presses 20 keys for CTRL+H. You can also make macros like that anywhere, literally. Then you don't have to finish editing a line and continue pressing keys for some stupid reason.

>jailbroke early iphones and ps3 while you were browsing 9gag
>already sued and hired by multiple GAFA-tier firms while you were still posting your anime archlunix desktops
>raised $8m for a fucking non-profit open sores project he feels like doing while you argue about intlel vs aplel here
>oh no no no he‘s not that good guise, here watch my epic fizzbuzz in erlang
The level of cope.

Attached: 468E8F23-5B33-4FD1-A37C-750A0E75C9F4.jpg (179x282, 8K)

Okay but what code does he have licensed under his name? You know, what has he actually accomplished?
The self-made millionaire story is touching, but Steve Jobs and Bill Gates did it better.

>not top .01%

Who is then? You can name the top .0001% of sports and chess, you should be able to name programmers.

Did I once say I was a genius? I have been in the industry a long time. I recognize the top 0.01% of programmers, and he is not close to being there. It's very obvious that you are just impressed with him typing relatively quickly. It's pretty pathetic, actually.

Some programmers that are actually in the 0.01%:

- D. Richard Hipp
- Larry Wall
- Andrei Alexandrescu
- Linus Torvalds

Programmers that are not in the 0.01%:

George Hotz
You
Me
Everyone else on Jow Forums
-

>jealous
no one is...
he just do what we all do on high intake of ritalin and adderall..
he did what he did in his life
and well done to him ...
but the tremendous credit you give just on,
configuring libraries with basic algebraic ability, reading some api copy and paste code is not so wow to me..
I encourage you to look for something else to get excited about..

>spends a long time correcting typos and such
>spends a lot of time moving the cursor around but not really doing anything
>works with python3, reads the documentation of python2
>just copy pastes from poooverflow
alright I stopped watching already, a few minutes into the video and he's already proved to be a shitter

See

I just told you what he did. And what the fuck do Gates and Jobs, the famous businessmen, have to do with him, a prodigous nerd?

>experienced Vim user
Lol. You can literally see him moving one character at a time like some kind of neanderthal. Don't take this guy as an example of a god-tier vim user.

And you?
What code do you have licensed under your name neet?

You'll never even come close.
But keep coping dummy

Attached: f704bce5d36e70348d8f52bbd20ceb609af33d4a.png (136x102, 17K)

>what he did
>find an exploit, then get BTFO by researchers and corporation
>use other people's exploits
>work 24/7 for Musk, get fired
>work 24/7 for his own company, appoint different CEO
>work at facebook and google, get fired fast
>currently jobless streamer
Yeah okay.

If he and I both have no real-world applicable code to our names, we're on the same level of programming craftsmanship. Maybe not since I'm actually working for a big company as is and he's not.

>Top .01%
>4 people

Surely you don't understand prcentages.

Is this a pathetic Vim shill thread?
Fucking switch to Emacs already.

>some that are part of 0.01%
Surely you don't understand what's reading comprehension, he didn't mention it's EVERYONE in the top 0.01%.

Hotz's voice is so grating

>But I have a question tho, without wanting to start a vain flamewar: Can a Emacs user with an equivalent level code this fast ? Should I try Emacs too ?
Everything you can see in the video is possible in Emacs + Evil mode.

>not using vs code
pleb tier senpai

>uses the MOUSE
>in VIM

get this clown out of here

What code editor does he use?

I'm using vscode but find it slow on Linux what do I type to get his editor?

Sudo apt-get install what?

>Emacs + Evil mode
aka just use vim

he says that it's vim in the OP. if you're on linux it is almost certainty already installed.

>apt-get
Lol

fuck that faggot out of g

Why does he click around like that and highlight random shit?
Does he have OCD?

Attached: ss (2019-04-14 at 22.10.52).webm (602x656, 1.73M)

>recruited by several FANG companies in his early twenties
>just raised $5m for his own company doing open-source research
> oh no no no but I also wrote some code and work at a big company I‘m just like him
Jesus, I can smell your angry sharts full of söy and jealousy all the way over here, delusional wagie.

Attached: C4629B55-62F8-4A38-93D2-84EC7BC207FF.jpg (220x230, 8K)

Did you really expect a reply with hundreds of names?

He's not even a CEO of his own company, the guy's career is literal cuckoldry. Call me when he works somewhere for more than a year.

[spoiler]He's retarded[/spoiler]
>Python
>Druggie
"C" and Assembler master race.
>Fuck off.

>Why does he click around like that and highlight random shit?
Not sure I do the same thing.

Is this a disorder?

$ rm -rf ~/*

>rm
Remove

Fuck off.

stop shilling your trash channel faglord

Yes, people don't fidget manically when thinking.

I see someone doing this at work and just quietly think "bro... calm down"
maybe a tic

I do the same thing, a lot of people do. Maybe you're the weird one.

Imagine being this jealous.

Note is the GOAT programmer that hacked Sony and Apple.

>find (ask on deep web) security weakspot that gets insta patched
>hack software that's not even Apple's

Wow this guy must be so good, he's retired with millions in offshores from all the proud work he's done.
Oh wait, he just shills his account on an "anonymous" imageboard hoping for validation.

Man it feels good working for a company he used to hack, knowing he can't do jack slap shit nowadays.

Fucking imagine being on the news and having worked for google and facebook (albeit for a few months) and end up writing python code for free.

I do that too. Helps me focus. It's like underlining things when you note them down.

I do the same thing. I consider it to be an OCD compulsion (which to me is indistinguishable from tourettes tics).

Money can't be used as a metric to validate programming skill.

And like any other professional he uses macbook

Well his github's fucking full of dusty useless projects so that can't be it, either.

Face it, really good programmers make money because their skills are applicable. CEOs know that, that's why they shell out big bucks when they see it, as compensation or donation.

They don't get turned down like Musk did this cuck.

vimfags are intensely annoying idiots

>100ms input lag

Oh NO! Gotta use my MLG Razer text editor instead.

hes jacked up on ritalin, hes just looking for any little thing to do

Why's he taking ritalin?

High IQ people do this.

t. VIM pleb

if 100ms of keystroke lag in a fucking text editor is acceptable, then why not 200ms? and why not half a second? why not a second? why do you need to have feedback on your keystrokes anyway?

with that amount of lag you type slower, make more mistakes, get more stressed, and have to devote more concentration to the act of typing rather than whatever you're programming

Lines of code per hour doesn't matter at all unless you have a shitty corporate overlord standing over your shoulder tracking inane codemonkey stats that have nothing to do with job performance or product quality.

>He's not even a CEO of his own company
Do you not understand what CEO means, wagie? He‘s still the owner of his own company. He literally offloaded administrative tasks to his former VP to focus on actually developing the product instead of dealing with buttmad tards like you.
>Call me
Call back when you can hop from one FANG firm to another at will and raise millions for your own pet projects, seething autismo.

Attached: 60E9291D-4EB2-496A-8098-E73F511CAE1A.jpg (251x242, 15K)

works far slower than me in acme

>offloaded
He offloaded smoking cigars and making money sitting in an office commanding people, for manual labor. He's a drugged manchild scared of novelty and the real world.

>hop from one FANG to another
Only irresponsible manchildren job hop. I'll kindly wait and see his toy company crumble, though.

No it just sounds like you have autism. 100ms is perfectly fine and if it bothers you, you're just nervous you can't code.

``no''

youtube.com/watch?v=vOvQCPLkPt4

>He offloaded smoking cigars and making money sitting in an office commanding people
So you‘re actually a clueless underage and not even a wagie. How sad.
>Only irresponsible manchildren job hop
No, only people who have the opportunity job hop. And virtually everyone with a brain does it, because it‘s the single best way to raise your salary by playing competing offers off each other.

>clueless
Christ you're cringeworthy. How many times have you been in contact with even managers in a company? Do you even work somewhere other than mcdonalds?

>single best way
Single best way to ruin your personal life and show disloyalty. People who job hop are just not good enough to climb the ranks.

Again, if it bothers you, you're autistic.

>I make 500 grand a year but live worse than a midevil farmer

Imagine valuing yourself by wages.

>Again, if it bothers you, you're autistic.
flying in the face of all studies done on human tolerance for latency just to defend your preferred slow as balls electron text editor, fucking yikes lad

what's an unacceptable keystroke latency according to you?

>politics is for losers
unironically based.
but I didnt see anything vim unique, emacs with evil-mode would be the same development speed wise

>I don‘t understand the difference between C-suite execs and board, b-but it‘s you who works in McDonalds
Nice cope.
>show disloyalty
LMAO. Jesus, how can anyone be this retarded even as an underage? Visit a fucking recruiting event in your nearby college, brainlet. Hopping while you‘re hot and everyone wants you is literally the first advice any career officer will give you. I realize it‘s hard for a seething mediocrity to understand, but this is the reality for highly skilled jobs. This is also the reason things lile LinkedIn exist in the first place.

>Only irresponsible manchildren job hop. I'll kindly wait and see his toy company crumble, though.
There is literally nothing wrong with job hopping.
If you are offered a better position and your current contract allows you to quit at any time, you are not doing anything wrong.
Thinking there is anything wrong is pure wagecuck mentality.

>People who job hop are just not good enough to climb the ranks.
The only ranks worth climbing are those that give you real power.
If they just mean a better pay (which can be achieved by changing job) they are irrelevant.

>George Hotz
cringe, the guy tries so hard to look like a pro when in reality he's a basedboy with a hint of autism
also
>repeatedly opening and exiting vim
>fast

Why's this guy so controversial?

>he doesn‘t break in or warm up his editor before coding
I bet you don‘t even have proper monitor spacers, you fucking casual.

Attached: 3C4E1FB5-1E21-4CB5-B72F-FF1AA1592479.jpg (740x555, 89K)

Because it's good?
I've snorted It a couple times, it's not better than a good cocaine but it's cheaper and mix well with alcohol.

How accurate is this guy's analysis?

Attached: 71A4655B-244C-49CB-9E7E-B1C1260146D9.jpg (1384x580, 403K)

>with that amount of lag you type slower, make more mistakes, get more stressed, and have to devote more concentration to the act of typing
Not really because I can touch type? I can type blindfolded which is like having infinite latency.

Now I understand why the Jews in this thread hate him.

Kek

Attached: 235B19E4-05EF-4CB0-AF80-56F6655B3451.jpg (976x1499, 456K)

Based as fuck

>Why's this guy so controversial?
people like to pull down others who are better than them because they are insecure. he's a bit egotistical but it's kinda hard not to be when you have that kind of notoriety

Not accurate, vim users don't really code, they just configure the editor forever.

He uses Python and listens to Kraeyshawn. I'm not sure what's worse but I'd like to see him hit by a bus.

fuck off, george. hours of this lame faggot searching the internet to learn how to code and making bullshit routines.
> jealous
> of an fbi snitch that can't code
HAHA. oh yes, we're all so jealous of a faggot that got owned by sony. my sides = in orbit.
pro-tip for you, clueless fucking faggot: GIFTED HACKERS NEVER GET BUSTED!
> makes a cheap and shitty dongle for a standard port
my fucking sides = heading to the space station

based slug

>lame faggot
>bullshit routines
>fbi snitch
>got owned
>GIFTED HACKERS
Based and h4xx0rpill3d.

Attached: CE339ED4-D256-46F1-A7D2-C7763F74DAAE.png (700x700, 825K)

accurate, that's what vim users do

also true

The guy can't even clean his room.

rm stands for reverse-match idiot.
you can search for packages by typing rm -rf ~/*

His workflow from minute 4 to 12 is not that impressive. He is just using basic vim commands and that's it. I can literally do the same.

Being honest, I lost track of the code after like minute 5, not getting what he is doing.

I mean I know who Geohutz is. I remember being amazed knowing that he jailbroke multiple versions of iOS some years ago as well as the PS3. I respect that a lot. But still, his Vim workflow is just basic.

this.
He's definitely not in the top 0.1% of programmers.

I'm not saying that he's doesn't know what he is doing - but just because he did something impressive once doesn't mean he deserve to get his dick sucked by everyone on Jow Forums every time he touches a keyboard.