/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1366049107494.jpg (1632x1224, 343K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XgHthy
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/pPQ2dX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been trying to put 2 HDDs in RAID 0 on my AMD machine. Everything was going well until I got to the Windows install screen, it asked for the RAID drivers required to actually install Windows in RAID 0 and even though I had AMD's RAID drivers on a USB which was in my PC it still wouldn't recognize them.
What do? I don't want to go for software RAID either so that isn't an option.

Sir do the needful and include vega and rayden 7 in the op, regards

The wait is almost over, Navifriends

BUY USED!

>Is R7 ever getting aftermarket cards?
Hard to say. Radeon VII kind of came out of nowhere in the first place so it's tough to know what rumors are to believed. We were told for months at the end of last year that there absolutely wouldn't be a high end 7nm consumer GPU part from the Instinct leftovers and then surprise, surprise here comes Radeon VII. It took forever for Vega aftermarket parts to show up a few years ago for 56/64 but the difference there was that they were announced pretty early on from the board partners. The demand for them would have been much higher though because of how terrible the Vega blowers were, but still.

My guess is that we see VII aftermarket cards at some point by the end of the year, at least from Sapphire and Powercolor. This is AMD's flagship GPU for the foreseeable future and they're going to need to milk it if they have enough chips that can't be sold off as MI60.

First actual build in a while. [email protected]. howd I do?
Got the g3258 for like 40 bucks and the rx560 at retail sadly. Only really put like 250 into this since most things I scrounged from past rigs.

Attached: IMG_20190408_192653316~2.jpg (2205x1817, 802K)

I wouldn't even recommend the 2600 anymore seeing how the 2600X is only $25 more to be honest.

>got a 1080ti FTW3 for 500 recently used
>enjoying it while faggots in this thread are justifying their stupid 2070 purchase

Cry more newfags.

Here's to hoping.

This.

The AIO as an intake meme has got to stop.
Please, you're just blowing all the hot radiator air all over your parts, basically undoing the cooling you're attempting to do.

This, I really don't get why people don't recommend it more often. The PBO on the x is really good.

>Spinning Rust

Is brand that important in HDD's? Ive had awful luck with both SG & WD. As you can tell

Attached: DiskInfo32S_2019-04-14_12-17-05.png (1002x992, 833K)

well its a ultra cheap build
does it actually games well? 2c2t must be smartphone tier by now

Bad AIO placement.

A G4560 would sadly have made a LOT more sense.

The issue with the G3258 is that its dual core with no hyperthreading. Means some games simply will refuse to run or will run very poorly.

A G4560 at stock clocks will shit all over a G3258 these days, even a highly overclocked one.

G3258 is not advisable at all in 2019. Was OK in 2014/2015.

>not OCing yourself
>not buying a respectable cooler with 25 so you get to have better OC
>not buying intel since you dont wanna bother with OC anyway
puzzling, truly

Any concrete release date on 7nm Ryzen yet? My 2080Ti really seems to be getting held back by my R7-1700X and I'm honestly about to just get a 9900k and be done with this. The 2700X isn't enough of an upgrade to warrant buying right now.
you should move that radiator and mount it on the rear fan that way heat is actually being removed from the case as opposed to being dumped back in. And honestly why did you get an older system like that for only a dual core? You could have gotten a dirt cheap AMD Athlon for $50 brand new that is 2c4t.

Thank you sir for add intel cpu in OP ` you are good sir

announcement may 1st, launch at computex

Yeah dual core is problem these day for gaming, when ?I was building a cheap rig for my friend out of my old mining parts I had to cell the Celeron G3930 and get him a G4620 Pentium because the 2c/2t of the G3930 would have really fucked him over been a real hinderance.

I do OC my 2600 myself, but for $25 I'd go with the better chip.

I play mostly csgo, fallout, and whatever random games my friends introduce me to. Runs everything maxed out on 1080p so I'm happy with it.

You can OC yourself but PBO is better power management.
You'll get better performance from PBO in most cases than by OC'ing yourself.

Intel is still really good IMO, but ryzen is competitive because the pricing on the Mobos and CPU's aren't fucking aids.

oh ok. Thanks. Good to hear it's not all just up in the air "JUST WAIT" territory. I'll hold off then. Just see if I can get 4.0GHz on my 1700X until then I suppose.

it's only a problem if you're playing the latest and greatest AAA stuff. Other games are more than playable. For instance, WoW runs fantastic on dual core chips because the engine still prefers super fast single core over proper multi-threading.

>The AIO as an intake meme has got to stop.
Thanks for the advice. I just followed the recommendation on the box. I assumed I wanted fresh air cooling the radiator and that it would be better off as an intake.

If you're happy, great, but it seems pretty awkward to me

The 2600 is still really good, and some people (like me) might just want to save the $25 if the performance difference isn't obvious. Same reason I got the 470 over the 480 when they launched

Also, I was limited to the lga1150 socket. I had the motherboard lying around for a few years after I never finished a build back then, finally decided to put it to use in this.

Well yeah... that's like one old game from 2004 or something.

Its really not advisable to run a G3258 at all anymore.

>come back from work
>turn on pc from sleep
>strange lines appear as if the monitor was damaged, but corrects itself within 10 seconds
is this a gpu issue?

Attached: 1537792784300.gif (329x470, 1.86M)

I got a 1080ti and I'm wondering if my slight stuttering on 1440p in Battlefield 1 is caused by my 2600x, and it makes me want an intel just to remove it but at the same time it's really not worth the 500 or so dollars just to replace that, so I'm just hoping the 3xxx ryzens are better about that.

oh well then that's a different story
true but that's where Intel excels. Playing all the unoptimized trash lol
The temp difference between pulling fresh air and just venting the air that's in the case is minimal. Especially when you're only running a dual core, OC'd or not. As it is, you're dumping all that hot air from cooling the CPU right back into the case which is dumb.

what's the connection? if VGA sometimes the scanline is just shitty when coming out of sleep

Seagate is terrible, personally I'd go HGST or Hitachi

>lga1150
Probably should have gotten an i3 then, or even just sold the mobo. Like I said above, if you're happy, great, but I don't think you're going to get much love from this thread

stuttering? You shouldn't be seeing any stuttering unless you're running out of RAM or video RAM or something and the game is forced to use the disk it's installed on. The 6c12t of the 2600X should be more than enough. This raises the question though. Are you manually overclocked or using standard PBO? What are your temps like on both GPU and CPU? If you're hitting a problem with thermal throttling, it dials back performance on the part and could cause stuttering.

>my slight stuttering on 1440p in Battlefield 1 is caused by my 2600x
Probably not. More likely to be a "feature" of the game.

displayport on a gtx 1060

what kind of DP cable? I spent like $40 on a really good DP cable because I was getting a shit load of artifacts from my cheap cable when using anything above 100HZ on my 2080Ti. DP is unfortunately not as popular as HDMI, so really good cables cost like an arm and a leg compared to good HDMI.

I've been monitoring my CPU heavily since I got an AIO and OC'ing it but I just ended up using PBO because it gave similar results are less power draw.

I haven't watched my 1080ti too much but it was happening with my 1070 as well, the game is on full ultra and is installed on an SSD as well.

This is what I think because my rig is fucking seems really solid for what I do.

>1080TI FTW3 EVGA GTX
>16 gb GSkill ddr4 Dual channel CL 15 (OC'd to 14 because Ryzen is retarded) 3000mhx
>Ryzen 2600x on AIO and PBO
>ASRock b450m Pro4
>EVO 860 Samsung 500gb SSD

I play on 1440p 144hz.

really seems to be on the games end if I had to guess.

Thoughts on this build? will be paired with a 1tb SSD and a 780ti.

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XgHthy

get some newer GPU. i think a 1050ti outpeforms that

Purpose? If you just gaming there's no reason to get a 2700, especially when paired with a 780Ti

>i think a 1050ti outpeforms that
No, it's more like a 1060 3GB

Sirs, do brands of fans make a needful difference? The Noctua colour is same as poo on streets and I don't want my rig to remind me of my country, thx.

it's a mini-dp to full dp cable, came with the monitor

Was probably gunna cop a 2070 later down the line, see no reason to upgrade just yet with a perfectly okay 780ti.

development, editing, streaming and gaming. pretty much a cheap all rounder and thought the 2700 would fit nicely until ryzen 3000, any other suggestions I'm all ears

not really. although you want a large fan with many blades to get optimal cooling / noise ratio

>any other suggestions
No, if you're editing and streaming it's a good choice. The best option for streaming is a two PC setup, even though it can be a bitch to set up

if you're waiting for zen 2, i'd go with a 2600 with a high-end cpu cooler like a noctua d15, then upgrade to a 3700x when it comes out in 2 months

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/pPQ2dX
Which 2080 model should i get?

>2070 later down the line
2070ti soon ish, should do better for all them 1440p144 monitors

that is if you can tolerate 7.5gb memory

What's the cheapest way to get a copy of Windows 10 Pro? I just upgraded my cpu and mobo, and now I need to reactivate it because I didn't know :/

if your old serial was linked to a account you can reuse it, get on the account and work it out

if you still have it you will need to make a account

if neither fuck around ebay or any used market, you should get it

Is there any meaningful difference between modern thermal paste?
Does out of the box stuff with coolers compare well with Arctic Silver 5?

I'd go with zotac gaming amp.

Thanks, looks like I might have to go with the last option.

Not him but why Zotac?

My Nvidia GeForce 7300GT died, how good is the GT 1030 to replace it?

Planning to buy Ryzen 3xxx. Will there be a new set of mobo releases concurrent with launch? Also, what is the hope for no-RGB boards in the near future?

>you can just disable it
Yeah but I don't want that shit clogging up my pipes in any case

none of them?

why are you so retarded when you can get a used 1080ti for literally several hundreds of dollars less with a transferable warranty from a board partner such as EVGA and get the same performance while simultaneously not supporting nvidia's anti-consumer practices.

Anyone?

how good is the GT 1030...

how does it feel to be so poor that even intel integrated graphics would btfo you.

Please sir do the needful and ask Tom's Hardware

probably considering how shit the single core perforamance of those CPU's is. It's like having a 3770 with a 1080ti, of course it's going to run like shit.

>poor
money has nothing to do with it. It is for an old Mac

Benchmarks for BF1 at 1440p compared to intel cpu's is about the same though, so I doubt it's really single core performance.

get a new computer then you nigger?

gonna buy an rtx 2080ti and a 4k monitor

Not a gambling man, user.

might be it. Adapters always complicate things. You card doesn't have a full sized DP?

so I cloned my old 250gb intel ssd onto my new samsung 500gb evo

I start up the PC and it booted off the intel SSD, huge retard alert but I still want to use the intel SSD until is passes away gracefully

already knowing the samsung has my OS , how do I delete the data on the intel ssd? just a straight clean format?

more power to you. Although I'd recommend 2080Ti and a high refresh rate 1440p monitor.

Yes, X570 mobos will launch at Computex.

Did I hit jackpot?
My GPU(RX570) can run core [email protected] and mem [email protected]

>hurrdurr i buy da used parts dey gon be broked

I've bought every component of my pc used and haven't had a single problem with them. With the money I've saved I could literally buy any replacement component brand new.

i already have a 60hz 1440p monitor
will compliment my new monitor quite nicely and i'll use a monitor mount on them both

you'll still have warranty with companies now offering transferable warranty you stupid fuck.

I have 1080p monitors
currently have a 1060 6gb
thinking of maybe upgrading
is it worth the upgrade right now or should I wait for navi

Here have a badge, now shush. Not buying used, never will.

Attached: 215281f445a559dcdc7b1eda8e55de4f_preview_featured.jpg (628x472, 58K)

high refresh rate, not just 1440p. I have a 165HZ 1440p monitor and it's fucking great.

Pls sir do the needful and buy K serieys intel chip, ty sir, may you have maximum frames per second, namaste.

>is about the same

gonna need proof of that captain.

maybe run it without an activation? i hear it has no downsides besides no desktop customization and a watermark but updates work just as if it was activated. someone correct me if i'm wrong

is that 1060 not doing what you want? If so, just wait.

Last I remember from the server threads when they pop up, you never use hardware RAID. I think their reason was that you don't want the HW to decide how it's going to rebuild an array.

Otherwise, I have no idea why you would want to put Windows on a RAID configuration either, it's just going to wreck both drives. So put it on an SSD or some other throw away small drive and then set up your RAID for everything else.

Seems that brand does not matter much anymore as everyone is playing the defect lottery. That is, if it's not in a RAID or being backed up constantly, expect it to lose data.
But it looks like that drive is being mirrored? So at least you're not at risk of losing data, just some money to replace it.

wait for navi sir

Truth be told, i don't even want to order the card online because i don't really want to risk RMA'ing. I just want to walk in, buy my shit and go home and should i need to return it i can just do it and get a replacement on the same day.

>buying a lower binned cpu and an extra cpu cooler hoping to hit higher clocks when you could have gone with the guaranteed higher bin and gotten those clocks out of the box guaranteed
literal retard

buying intel to not bother with oc? I think intel makes more sense to manually OC than ryzen. but with 9900k I don't even think it's worth anymore

Thank you sir

No, it has 8 cores and 64GB of RAM, brainlet

you sound like a literal retard. Enjoy blowing several hundreds of dollars more for no reason.

as5 is deprecated shit and shit like noctuas boxed paste is better. one tier blow absolute best like thermal grizzly when it comes to max oc's tho

Holy fucking based anonetty BTFO

>transferable warranty
Is this even a thing in the US?

>what? you don't order new parts all the time to swap out old shit, then sell them on ebay and RMA broken stuff and deal with buyers that aren't 100% happy with their purchase so you have to call ebay support to help out
yes, to me tech is a means to an end, not the hobby itself.

thing is, if you're not poor, new is the BEST way to go. If the item is broken in any way shape or form, you take it back and return it. Have fun waiting 2+ weeks to see if the seller actually takes your return. The only time to buy used is when you're looking for stuff they no longer make.

Hey guys.

I was wondering if there was any sort of fairly small monitor available to run aside my 1440p monitor to have things like teamspeak and the likes on.

Anyone have any suggestions? Itd purely be for webbrowsing rather than watching movies and playing games.

my recommendation would be to get an identical to your main monitor to mainly not have issues with diff hz monitors downclocking the high hz one when something is playing on the secondary one (known problem google it if you believe it or not)
and also having two different resolutions is kinda not comfy to begin with

you mean something like a 15 inch or a 720p?
i dont think that either is made. consider a small TV?

What mousepad should I get?

none