>Supports pretty much every software
>Direct X12 for games
>great integration with Xbox One for games
>games in general runs best on Windows 10
>games
>games
>games

Why aren't you using Windows 10?

Attached: windows-10-light-theme-hero-screenshot.jpg (1600x900, 188K)

but i am
ltsc though

I am.

I went from a mediocre bloated Windows 10 Home installation to Ubuntu.

Didn't like it. Switched to Elementary OS.
Didn't like it. Switched to Manjaro feat. KDE
Didn't like it, felt like a bootleg Windows.

Discovered this thing called LTSC, installed it and everything runs beautifully.

Sideloaded the Microsoft Store and blocked most telemetry with Regedit/Powershell/My router and everything is lovely now.

Was considering moving to MacOS in the future but seeming how awesome LTSC is I might purchase the future Surface Book 3.

I don't play games though. But still, pretty based.

Forgot to add that I have to install the LTSC on the Surface, I guess that is comes with some meme malware filled adware W10 version.

Been using LTSC as well for a good while without issues. Not sold on the white theme.

btw i use arch

because I'm an introverted autistic fat neckbeard manchild who seeks internet recognition by using an unpopular operating system to make me feel like a special snowflake and distract me from how disgustingly boring and useless my life is.

first one is wrong. its the worst looking os that exists

>hurr durr I only use my compooter for gamesies
>Windows 10
Yep, seems about right.

Attached: ZKmRy8n.jpg (326x294, 18K)

I don't really play video games.

>games
There's your issue

>>great integration with Xbox for games
If you use a console anyway you'd propably be better off using Ganoo/Linoox for everything besides Fortnite and your ShitBox for the three games that won't run on Linux

I hate to admit it but the Game DVR feature is really handy.

Attached: 1552577719219.png (800x2084, 449K)

>xbox one

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

>GeForce Experience

/thread

>cs undergrad
>stallman gnu+linux free as in beer shill
>install linux because i'm a programmer hacker hipster
>2 months later, it's fucking shit
>back to windows
>everything works
>can run debian using WSL
>can play my games
>can test my software on windows because that's the OS everyone will use to run it
>insider program has some pretty nice stuff
>looks great

Yeah, fuck that, I will keep Mint in a small partition just in case I need to use Linux, but this is better in every single way.

It's through the Xbox app actually.

Linux fags using console for their vidya games is both the most counter intuitive thing ive ever seen and the saddest

>blocked most telemetry
lel

I do, and it sucks ass.
>classic rustic Windows look replaced with shitty flat garbage that looks much worse than a Linux DE
>feels like two OSes loosely stitched together, new design is oversized, overdesigned bullshit that's designed for Surface owners and not the overwhelming majority of users
>borderline unusable without third party enhancements like Classic Shell and AHK
>still cumbersome for non-.NET development, WSL is no better than MSYS2/Cygwin
>Powershell is a fucking insult
>no proper automatic software management, Microsoft Store is useless normie bait and chocolatey is a hackish joke
>telemetry is crammed into everything, even the fucking calculator
>have to use it anyway because of software compatibility
Literally the one thing it has over Linux is being smoother and less laggy, and the only reason for that is because official GPU drivers for Linux are irredeemably shit, which isn't even Linux's fault since they aren't community made. My Intel IGP laptops always worked great, so AMD and Nvidia have no excuse.

Windows 7 has dx 12 too (see the blizzard thing)

"games end"
"games end"
"games end"
"games end"
"games end"
"games end"

Embarrassing.

For you.

>xbone
Stopped reading here. fuck off.

Attached: 20190326_072047.jpg (483x483, 89K)

!spb source=yea-boi-587a5bc55b4f6

Redpill me on LTSC.
How much of a meme is it?
Can I modify my Windows for it or do I need a cleans install?

Ltsb > ltsc

>only got some of the aids
the absolute state of trendies

Saved

No, ltsb set on 2016 Windows 10 and will stay like that forever. It doesn't include windows creators update so expect some modern applications not to work with it.

i believe you need a fresh install. its the best edition of windows you can get your hands on, with the least amount of bloat, but the updates arent as frequent as the home build. I believe updates are every 2 (or 4) years. Not really a deal breaker because recently windows updates have been shit and buggy.

Should i upgrade from LTSB to LTSC?

The absolute state of 2019 Jow Forums. I guess there's not point being here anymore

Yeah just a fresh install of Win10 alone gets rid of so much damn bloat

install simplewall. It blocks everything that isn't in the whitelist. To admit, I never expected fucking SYSTEM SETTINGS app to send telemetry.

Hello guys and sorry if this is a retardo question, but how can I get windows to be more private than the placebo-tier privacy sliders?
I really lost confidence in windows, but I can't get around it with linux.

Sorry that I forgot to add:
What about customising an iso?
I heard I can remove UHC Telemetry Client with msmg Toolkit, but I really don't know what I'm doing.

literally install simplewall and block everything that doesn't look like browser or local network access. I really hate this but this is the only way around it seems. You can infinitely debloat your windows but you can never delete system apps without breaking your system: that's where some telemetry is hidden.

Attached: 5cuq9qPBLS.png (334x372, 13K)

just use windows firewall, im pretty sure any 'firewall helper' just taps into that (wf.msc)

Thanks user, I will try this.
I did make a debloated version of windows, and it still worked, the annoying thins is that I couldn't uninstall cortana without search breaking, I guess this is where custom start menus come into play?
But thanks for the tip, it might calm my paranoia a little, (though it's still not even a whisp in the wind if some bigger adversary wants to spy via windon't, right?).

Just get LTSC. And start learning Linux on a VM.

NTLite

you lincuck shills are truly pathetic.
have sex

I installed mine it had me update me previous version through the flash drive working if not the same better than my old version

It's probably that unix philosophy, use the appropriate tool for the job, do one thing and do it well. Problem is consoles only do one thing, but suck at it. With entertainment devices being shit, we end up with retards using work machines to do what dedicated devices fail to , and do it better, which is quite sad.

Attached: 1554008110483.jpg (383x670, 64K)