/dpg/ - Dumb Phone General

Anyone on here using a dumbphone on Verizon? I'm confused as to what dumphones are going to be supported as verizon phases out their 3G towers.

I think I'll buy the Kyocera cadence lte, but the $120 asking price for a new dumphone in 2019 is absurd.

Post what dumbphones youre using or if you just want to reminisce about any old phones that's cool too

Attached: kyo.jpg (245x205, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/sonim-xp5/
amazon.co.uk/Nokia-SIM-Free-Mobile-Phone-Black/dp/B00DBWI2E0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf is this "prepaid only" shit? I want to be able to simply swap my SIM between my smartphone and my dumbphone as I please.

how the fuck are these jews making phone models that only work with prepaid sims?

Attached: kyo.jpg (1664x479, 69K)

bump

>americarriers

I'm on a sonim xp5 with verizon.
It's designed as a construction workers phone, so it's very durable and waterproof and all that shit.
You can swap the sim card easily and extend the memory via the microsd card slot behind the battery. Battery also lasts a very long time. I can get about a week and a half on a charge but just charge it weekly.
Got mine on ebay, new in box for $130.
Be careful buying one though, as the verizon version of the xp5 is required if youre on verizon obviously.
verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/sonim-xp5/

I had a LG enV2 years ago. Probably the phone I liked the most. Could it still even be used if I bought one on like ebay or something?

Friendly reminder that garbage that runs shit like Android is not a dumb phone

hear hear!

motorola startac, works so i still use it

I am thinking of getting myself one of those Nokia 216s but I am not too fond about it's Facebook optionalities.

Any of you have recommendations for another candybar phone format like this one? I'd prefer it to have a fairly OK music player, that's only criteria.

Attached: 216.jpg (358x840, 38K)

>the $120 asking price for a new dumphone in 2019 is absurd.
that's the price you pay for novelty

I don't know, aren't smartphones like 800-1000$?

verizon and sprint do that but ATT and Tmobile don't

verizon and sprint phones only work on verizon and sprint, most of the phones they sell only have the frequency bands for their service. If you're exceptionally dumb, the MVNOs like Virgin mobile, Boost mobile phones all use sim cards but literally only work with the carrier you bought them from

under no circumstances should you ever buy a phone from a cell service provider

From what I saw that's 2G-only so your days with it will be numbered, if your carrier even still supports it. I wanted the Nokia 515 really badly when it came out, it's 3G and looks a lot like that

Attached: Nokia515.jpg (527x609, 44K)

It annoys me that plans for dumb phones are so expensive.

I pay 35 canadian loonies a month on my smartphone for unlimited everything and 3 gb of data. The cheapest "minutes/text only" plans are 25$.

What do you guys think about this: amazon.co.uk/Nokia-SIM-Free-Mobile-Phone-Black/dp/B00DBWI2E0
I need a backup-phone for camping

bullshit. what carrier?

I got this. Haven't played snake but ut has excellent stanby time. It's hard to hear, I wish it had a better speaker

Attached: 71iQ4QgMchL._SL1500_.jpg (900x1500, 110K)

brainley here. does the G network matter if I dont use data? i only call and text

Reminder that modern "dumb phones" are powered by android and actual dumb phones don't work anymore because they're stuck on 2G that's been shutdown by just about everyone.

>aren't smartphones like 800-1000$?
you can find smartphones that cost $30, all the way to $2000

>all the way to $2000
lmao what kind of smelly poor can't cough up $10'000 for a Vertu?

>2G-Only & 2G phase out
Thanks for the concern, but that isn't really a issue here yet (or even planned yet). But it's good to consider, actually.
>N515
Slick thing, but not exactly what I am looking for. Thanks anyhow!
Funny how a phone from 2013 has 2G AND 3g but a phone (N216) released in 2016 only has 2G.
>Post what dumbphones youre using or if you just want to reminisce about any old phones that's cool too
Still popping this N101. Very fond of it, but I feel like the media player is kinda lacking and the plastic cover over the screen is kinda collapsing by doing stuff.
(Accidentally swung my hatchet against it in my pocket, I am grateful it took that swing. Godspeed that bastard)

Attached: 101.jpg (1023x764, 241K)

>wants a dumbphone but not in the god-tier flip phone form factor
what is wrong with you senpai

Attached: image.jpg (800x807, 392K)

I got a 3310 3g but this piece of shit is so dumb (in a bad way) that it hurts. Buttons are horrible and the ui is a piece of shit and just makes me wonder why they didn't just adopt symbian for this piece of crap. Whole phone feels just like a toy you buy and post one message to twitter with the built in "app".

It definitely matters for verizon but idk about the others