Why do so many posters here pretend that CRT monitors are somehow superior to modern monitors?

Why do so many posters here pretend that CRT monitors are somehow superior to modern monitors?
Are they doing it for "le experienced tech boomer cred" or are they actually just dumb.

Attached: crt.png (1428x800, 1.19M)

Mostly because they are right, in theory. CRT are superior in most aspects.
Only 2 things are bad: Resolution, but this wouldn‘t be the case if they were further developed, and the fact that you can‘t watch at it for 10 hours straight every day.
Also, they‘re a lot more heavy and they are unhandy as fuck.

Personally I don‘t miss them, but you can‘t say they were bad. Just different.

Most mount stupid, "little bit of knowledge" shit. They're better at some things and so contrarians want to say "why did everyone stop using CRTs? They aren't worse. It's just consumerist novelty-chasing." And then they try to put one on their desk.

CRTs are neat and I still like them, but they're just not space-economical and that matters more and more each year.

Never mind the cost to ship and safely dispose of them.

They are superior. They stimulate the prefrontal cortex.

OLED is superior to CRT, but they arent affordable yet.

This guy gets it.

>not just jacking in
lmao icelets can't into neural interfaces safely LOL

>better colors than TN or IPS
>better response times
>0 ghosting

they're just more expensive to produce and more difficult/expensive to ship which is why they are gone.

both
but seriously how i'm supposed to watch my 480p animes/series/movies?

Attached: ooo.jpg (431x421, 14K)

MicroLED will be superior to both.

>t. retarded zoomer
They‘re gone because your eyes would physically hurt after staring at them for 60 hours a week.

t. eyelet

do you even lift bro?

t. sub 85hz imbecile.
CRTs hurt the eyes less than LCDs. The flicker from the LCD backlight exceeds that of high HZ CRT.

Extremly cheap and high performance compared to a lcd of the same size

They're better at displaying old games meant for low resolutions. If you play a game in 640x480 on a CRT it looks okay but play that same game on an LCD and it will be a blurry mess. Also,
>muh deep blacks

Imagine being a flatshit incel

Attached: 2a3urlwcs0f21_800x600.png (800x600, 313K)

I like this

CRT is a much better technology than LCD.

1) Perfect black levels
2) Flawless off-axis viewing
3) Much faster refresh rate than LCD
4) Warmer, more natural image (thanks to scan lines and small granules)
5) Far longer life-span
6) Not subject to manufacture problems such as dead-pixels
7) Good range of compatibility with lower or non-standard resolutions without blurring

Given ultimate space and money the world’s best CRT could easily crush the world’s best LCD. So tell me Jow Forums, why do you like your inferior screens that companies such as Samsung have brainwashed you to think is better than what already existed? The only cost-savings are on their end.

And the funny thing is you guys keep buying this crappy LCD technology and giving away your free CRTs on Craigslist. A fool and his dollar are soon parted I guess.

And before you start yapping about IPS panels:
Enjoy your slow G2G response to switch pixels already, not to mention that hidden input and scalar lag. Luckily, CRT has no such bullshit.

The only semi-legitimate point I’ve heard against CRTs regards weight, but you don’t bitch about the weight of a prospective couch while furniture shopping, do you? Didn’t think so.

I like to imagine Michael Jordan wrote this post and lives a good clean Christian life and is a fan of display technology.

>you can‘t watch at it for 10 hours straight every day.
i can

wont someone think of the environment?!

Getting rid of perfectly good CRTs to replace with new LCDs is not environment friendly

Because we had them? I miss mine