Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: hugsuwufreebsdhatesthis.jpg (634x806, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_computing_square_roots
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_(file_format)
comic-walker.com/viewer/?tw=2&dlcl=ja&cid=KDCW_MF00000069010019_68
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

actual previous thread

Made a thread about it but I'll ask here as well.

How do I avoid piracy strikes on Kodi? Some people have gotten them and I don't want them. What addons are JUST streaming and which addons are torrentstreams, so I know which to use and avoid.

On an extremely low level, how are computers able to form functions such as square rooting? Basically I'm writing a program, and at some point I'm going to need to square root some numbers, how can I write my own function to do this in C++? How is it done with just addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division? (I'll use the cmath when I actually need to write that part of the program, because it'll be more optimized than anything I write, but right now I'm just curious about how it works.)

When is NVIDIA going to get off their asses and support Wayland? It's been years now, and I really want to fall for the Wayland meme, but NVIDIA cards don't work with it.

There are many techniques for computing square root approximations. Some of it is weird math, but Newton's method is an easy example.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_computing_square_roots

I came home and the internet didn't connect on my win10 desktop. It was a dns issue and when I tried to switch back to default dns an error popped up and didn't save my changes not even in safe mode. I tried deleting all the adapters so windows would reinstall them but it just won't show any network adapters now. I restarted and it did not reinstall them. At my wits end honestly, I don't want to reinstall windows over this.

Attached: 1503977634405.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Type in "network proxy settings" in the search bar, scroll down, and make it look like mine.

Attached: prox.png (1568x723, 43K)

Mine is the same as yours, no network adapters showing up at all though and the properties in device manager say there's a code 56 error... Just realized I have a system restore I can do, I thought I disabled that. I'll try it now.

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh int reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh winsock resetthen reboot. god be with you.

Probably going to take some flak for this question, but nevertheless.

I have the opportunity to study computer science at a top university. I've been looking at the course structure at this, and various other universities, and I'm kind of surprised at just how theoretical these courses are.

I knew there was a large theoretical /mathematical component, but it is starting to hit me just how much of this stuff there is.

I am good at maths, but I do not enjoy it. I really want to learn programming, but in some computer science courses it really seems like there isn't all that much of it.

Does doing a comp sci degree really make you a great programmer? Have to be honest, this theoretical shit doesn't interest me much... But if it really does have a purpose, and if it will actually help me to become a good programmer then I will do it.

I'm just worried that I'll complete the degree, at great cost and stress, only to find that the practical aspect is so lacking that it will actually hinder me rather than help.

I really want to program and it just seems like the courses at lower ranked universities have more interesting, practical course content. But if the best universities have structured their courses like this, then I take it that they must produce the best programmers?

Does any current /past students have any advice on this issue? I guess I feel conflicted between computer science and straight up software engineering...

nigger faggot retard

Before I read this I was messing around with things and saw that my internet was connected, I guess the dns went back up, but I still still can't change it without getting an error message. If the dns goes down again I'm right back where I started.

Attached: 1553035614117.png (413x152, 3K)

Thank

Attached: 1550261777323.jpg (480x360, 22K)

what's that website that checks android apps and tells you stuff about it like permissions and trackers maybe

As far as a CS course goes, I'm not going to attest to that, but if you want to be a decent programmer, dive in, learn a language, start a project, try and keep it reasonable, but part of the fun is learning a mountain of things to accomplish a task you had almost no business aiming for, and the rush of finally doing it. If you want a good language to start with, you can't go wrong with C, but I would reccomend C++ (once you know C++, you can pretty easily mentally switch between the two) I can explain a lot more if you want, but I don't want to give you a wall of text if it's not relevant to you, if you want to know more, just ask.

What the fuck with this gay faggot shit?

Is there any way to completely clone my C: drive and another partition to an external hard drive? Do I have to partition the external drive first?
Is there any Jow Forums approved software for the task of cloning a drive ready to be inserted into a new machine?

Making an IMG file of your drive would allow you to completely copy it and burn it to another drive, you don't have to worry about formatting, as when you burn it to a new drive, the IMG contains instructions, including reformatting the drive to match its requirements, the link below has tools for creating and burning IMG files.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMG_(file_format)

Although I'm not sure if you could limit burning it to another drive to just 1 partition, so be aware of that, before you accidentally steamroll over the external drives other partitions. (You could also just put the img file in a partition, without burning it, that wouldn't destroy anything, but the data would just be packed up and in the IMG file, but it still works as a backup if you need to burn it to a hard drive)

use macrium reflect (free) or clonezilla if you are feeling adventurous

I'm looking to create a version of my own current drive, on an external drive - that I can then organise properly (my current is an absolute mess, but I cannot afford to make edits on this machine as of now) before cloning the newly organised version into a new PC with m.2 SSD's.
I tried just copying them from my HDD to the external HDD using Windows Explorer, but encountered issues with a single file, and then filenames being too long - will these softwares work with those restrictions?
The external drive is a WD and I am looking at their software - does anyone have any experience with that?

Which antivirus' PAID version is the best? I just want an active scanner for my new PC. My browsing habits are safe and doesn't necessitate protection, but I just want an active layer of protection for my whole PC.

I'm gravitating towards Malwarebytes as it's cheap and if its free version is so good, then so should it's paid version, right?. Unless there's something better? (NOD32, McAfee, Norton...etc.)

>inb4 paying for software

Attached: 1484201913676.jpg (640x480, 46K)

How do you post code blocks here?

echo "Hello, World!"

Yes.

I have an SD I believe has failed, I need to see what data was on it, but it doesn't show in windows.

When I plug it in my tablet it gives me a message of checking for errors.

Any ideas?

Run check disk
chkdsk diskletter: /f
Only use /f if you want to fix the problem. It may delete or make some files unusable

Does anyone know of a way to replace windows explorer for filesystem operations requested by other apps without going for a full replacement shell?
There are other standalone file managers but it doesn't seem like they can be accessed by, for example, my browser.

I'm looking for an MP3 player.
I don't need a FUCK HUGE storage capacity (my collection in totality is only 46GB or so).
I just want it to work well and not have malware or some shit on it. Preferably something I can just drag and drop music into.
I'm willing to spend around $100 on it.

It doesn't show at all, I think I'm fucked.

There any tricks to reviving MicroSD like you would a GPU?

What's the current method trend of making a website? I haven't made one since college, and I was using wordpress/joomla back then.

How would you rip the highest quality images from an online viewer like this?
comic-walker.com/viewer/?tw=2&dlcl=ja&cid=KDCW_MF00000069010019_68
I tried element inspect but all I got was low quality ones or "base64" urls

nigger faggot retard

Also what is the most used linux distro when it comes to Networking?

All we do on a everyday basis on the internet is Unicast? what are some Multicast examples? thanks

on android, is there any way to make apps force stop when I close them in the 'recents' menu?
i dont like the idea of so many services running in the background tracking and wasting battery.
lineage OS 15.1
android v8.1.0

Ah yes, a /sqt/ isn't complete without an user getting insecure about cute boys in the OP! UwU

Bitdefender technically, although windows defender is pretty good these days, and it doesn't conflict with MWB, so you're kind of getting a two for one there.

You want to move all your data from an SSD to an HDD and from that to another SSD? That just sounds like asking for trouble. Clone directly to the m.2 of find some other non-retarded solution.

Changes constantly. There's a reddit where people discuss it.

How would you guys mount a PCB board inside a computer case without shit shorting out?

Is is possible to use two separate GPUs to divy up tasks? Example: a powerful GPU for running games, a weaker card for running other monitors or encoding without bogging up the main GPU and ruining performance.

Tips for getting smells out of a used laptop? Smokers are the worst.

if i add some YT channel to my RSS feed instead of subscribing (because i don't want to access with my gmail) does google get my data in the same way as if i actually browsed YT?
t.y. :3

Yes, however the usage of other monitors is usually quite minimal.

I would assume the GPU that renders any particular program is dependant on whether it's displayed on a monitor hooked up to that particular GPU.
Could screen capture encoding be done by a separate GPU?
In any case, my appreciations for your reply.

i'm fucking around with python at work, is there any hope of me pip installing a few things with no admin rights and behind a firewall?

>is dependant on whether it's displayed on a monitor hooked up to that particular GPU
By default yes. You can sometimes set an application to work through a particular GPU, like that shit they used last year to make Freesync work on Nvidia by pumping it over an AMD gpu, but it tends to be glitchy. If you're processing something instead of displaying it, you shouldn't have a problem.

Usually if you're not having a GPU do its own screencap, you're having the CPU do it. CPUs produce better encodes. Although the pro streamers actually output the whole thing to a second PC designed for that purpose, which needs a capture card but not a dedicated GPU.

Fuck off pedo faggot.

I'd had a 1TB WD drive sit at 1 Current and 1 Uncorrectable Sector Count for quite a while, it worked fine and I was just keeping an eye on it. Yesterday CPSC jumped to 20 and then to 43 while I was doing a panic backup. Still at 43 for now.
I'm sure as fuck replacing it now because it's at 52k+ hours anyway, but do you think I should bother zeroing it and keeping it on the side for non-essential stuff, or is it going to shit itself soon?

You mean 'Fuck off pedo NINJA faggot'

Attached: 1537711560197.png (1229x1976, 616K)

My friend's SSD keeps disconnecting for whatever reason, which causes the PC to freeze, and sometimes after reboot it doesn't show in the BIOS. Is it a signal that it's dying? Or could it be the sata controller? Crystal Disk Info shows that the SSD is OK.

How about connect that ssd to other computer? But I think it's a sign of dying. Backup the data inside asap.

> I should bother zeroing it
Yes.
> is it going to shit itself soon
Yes.

wew. Whats the error message?

Yeah, I tried that too, I forgot it. It worked fine but I didn't tried for much longer.

My PC blue-screened on my twice in 2 weeks when shutting it down. It now takes forever to download stuff and to get to the desktop after entering the password when compared to before. Both my SSD and HDD now cap out at 56 mb/s according to the steam game installation window even though they get up to 150 mb/s. How do I go about trouble shooting this ? Pic rel, its the SSD. Up/Download Speed is fine

Attached: wevzw45.png (669x689, 100K)

So why bother?

Are the router Antennas important to the Wifi signal or is it some bullshit decoration?

Attached: 51Il8QMALlL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 8K)

Attached: Capture.png (669x154, 14K)

how do you turn off the RGB back lighting on the EVEA Gefore RTX 2070 and the RAM I have? Does this shit REALLY need RGB lighting in the first place? I do not care to see it and I need music to play when I goto sleep so I have a blanket over that door so it doesn't annoy me. I went into the Bios settings and I thought I turned it off but nope

HELP?

>LTSC
is it preactivated?

How the FUCK do you get separate reload/stop buttons in firefox??

Somebody might find it and recover the data.

Things go wrong with PCs over time, slowdowns, bsod, weird problems and you need to format and reinstall windows and it’s all fixed but what actually happens? I don’t get why it just shits itself over time. I installed windows 10 on a laptop my mother is using that was so slow it was literally unusable before and the difference was day and night.

>windows
You answered your own question.

It's not like I'm just going to trash it right away. But yeah, I suppose I should do that now.

My memory (G.Skill 3200 FlareX 14-14-14 4x8GB) seems to have some issues. I got the occasional crash before, but I never thought much of it.
Recently I did a memtest84 test and noticed a handful of errors occured (always with the highest bit, in case that matters)
Tried some shit to fix it, but upping voltage seemed to make it worse, so now I just run at profile 1/2933, which is a shame for this high grade memory.
The thing is, I don't know what dimm(s) are causing the problem, or how to establish this based on memory addresses f.e..
Preferably I just want to fix it with the least possible speed loss (changing RAS/CAS timing perhaps?). I'm not a fan of returning the memory only to hear they can't find a problem, etc. Been there before. Shit can take ages.
Any tips welcome.

no response in fglt, so I'll post here too

Which conf file sets the updating frequency of the monitor in a Debian/wayland/KDE/kwin system?
I tried to play a game via q4wine, but it immediately froze and now my monitor fails to display anything and just says "The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing"
I have already tried rebooting, replugging the monitor, and googling led me to delete '~/.local/share/kscreen', but that did nothing.
The display manager shows just fine, and when I log in my cursor appears for a second, but right after that the monitor shits itself. but it's obviously some config file that has been modified, right?

What is the best way to create a multi-language website?

A lot of software tends to install all kind of background services you don't need, like "startup-accelerators", which sacrifice speed of everything else to speedup the start of a single program. Or install background updaters, which serve no function but to update one or two programs. Shell extensions are terrible too.
They're all removable/configurable, although it often requires you know what to do. Not something an average computer user would be aware of.

I've never had these problem that much myself. I've been using PCs for years without reinstalling anything and shit just ran fine. Bootup slowdowns happened over time, because the sheer amount of services and tools I end up putting in the startup willingly, but that's it.

Just keep an eye on everything running in the background. It's never the operating system, it's always the software packages. Try keeping away from the big commercial packages, and watch out what else some installers try to sneak in.

this filename is bullshit, why does it how?

got a big amount of cells in an excel document, and I want to multiply all of them by 1000

what's the easiest way to do this? I'm talking almost a hundred thousand cells

how can I view all static IPs on a network?

>forgot to plug in laptop while installing linux
>battery died during installation
>installation fucked
>can't even boot from the installing-usb
Have I destroyed it forever?

Attached: aYJaDqlM_700w_0.jpg (640x606, 53K)

so can i just make a full bridge rectifier from 2 mosfets? or a bjt and a mosfet or what ever. the fucking transistors man can i use them to make a full bridge rectifier if 1 is pnp and the other is npn ?

god you guys are as bad as /sci/ they wouldnt help me when my poo smelled like coffee which i hadnt drank any in some time and when i wiped it was orange but the log was brown

Is there a way I can measure how much power a USB port delivers? I have 2x usb3 front ports and noticed that my external SSD often disconnects whereas the ports on the back are fine. I have checked all the cables and power saving options (disabled all) and tried different usb enclosures and its definitely the front ports that are playing up.

I keep getting "Completing a failed IOCTL request" and "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort9, was issued" in event viewer when connected to front USB.

The theory applies across programming paradigms, languages, and applications. If your goal is to be a great software developer, do CS. I still read CS papers on my free time

Anyone know of a way of sharing

Just set up an SSH server and use SFTP. Setting that shit up takes like 2 minutes.

wait instagram blocks you if you ever use a vpn?

alright I'll have a look into that. Thank you for helping me out.

That's something she said. I don't know how true it is, but they could do it to curb any unwanted activities on Instagram.

Attached: 1529449960974.png (1000x1800, 29K)

At the top of all those cells change the header so it ends in "(in thousands)"

Is it possible to brick the computer this way?
I can't boot anything.

Is the final main build of Windows 10 1903 already out?

Asking here because /mu/ is retarded.
How is this supposed to work? BNC to 1/4" cables are extremely scarce and expensive yet everyone seems to be doing this lately.

Attached: download.png (1324x954, 1M)

what's the best spellcheck dictionary for chrome and where do I get it? It underlines so many words and fucks me up like saying "surveil" isn't a word

I was sick of being a ramlet with my 2x4GB, so I bought the same brand, model, latency and ras and all that in 2x8GB.
Will I be able to use dual channel with 12GB per channel?

Attached: numbers.gif (500x281, 499K)

can someone ID the headphones?

Attached: 1527160841140.jpg (795x759, 62K)

Currently working in an engineering firm with a BSME.
Want to blow my head out, should I apply for this IT help desk 1 job? What's the work like?

>Can I buy a different wireless mouse and use it with the dongle key of my current mouse?
Depends on the mouse, but probably not since you're asking. Some Logitech ones can with the unifying receiver.

That's Sennheiser

Can someone make a new chink shit thread?

it's in the catalog

Is there a good notes app that syncs between both desktop and mobile?

Attached: 1448959087820.png (316x325, 111K)

onenote

hi, is there any way to remove the bar circled in blue
i have no use for it and it being there, all useless, annoys me
thanks

Attached: imretar.png (1341x658, 402K)

What's the easiest way to keep extensions up to date on ungoogled chromium?

A 3570k is throwing errors in prime95 without AVX on stock clocks.
8 hours of memtest didn't yield any errors.
Is the CPU dead? What else could it be? Why would it suddenly error out?