Why is file copying on an exfat USB 3.0 drive go up and down like that?

why is file copying on an exfat USB 3.0 drive go up and down like that?

Attached: copy.jpg (415x212, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_cache
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on the motherboard, CPU and RAM set up. Caches are probably key to this.

It's just Tiny Wings.

It's like a heartbeat

don't you like mountains

Except it's a computer, not a heart. Surely they can be designed to do the copying process smoothly.

Also look at the flow of water out of pipes, they tend to also "resonate" at a frequency like in OP's pic. In OP's pic the issue is information flow. In pipes it's water flow. On freeways it's traffic flow.

You should've used f2fs.

>cache gets filled
>cache dumps
>cache fills up

wow

What cache?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_cache

But that's not the only possible location for this frequency. It could have something to do with bottlenecks impacting the speed of the information delivery to the USB 3.0 device. Likely other the device or the 3.0 port itself.

Your device is slow (this doesn't even run at the limits of USB2), so you probably are actually just sending to the USB write buffer.

The USB device eventually manages to write a bunch and removes that from the buffer while it grabs the next bunch, and so on.

try changing the removal policy setting for the usb drive in device manager to test if you get a change in performance, this basically changes the cache settings

could this be caused by a flash drive overheating?

Anybody have good tomes on HDD devices ( PCB boards, and other parts/functions of each) and other USB devices?

I think the vast majority of them don't thermally throttle.

But they also shouldn't really have to get hot. You probably just have a crappy flash drive...?

What kind of shitty architecture wastes time caching a big file being copied

Possibly, it gets burning hot after a minute of use, but this seems normal with metal flash drives.

Attached: flash drive.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>burning hot
It's not that normal. I think your drive has a design flaw.
Could this also relate to all the phone explosions recently?

>pajeet hand
kek

Could this be a heatsink issue?

Attached: 1540783198319.png (447x447, 91K)

I used to play the fuck out of that game. I’ll probably load it up again.

Probably something like the USB drive overheats (cus it's a crappy drive), and so it throttles write speed, then cools down enough to increase write speed and repeat.

>It's not that normal. I think your drive has a design flaw.
Exactly. It's normal for metal flash drives to have a design flaw. Namely that they are encased in metal.

The metal encasing allows better heat dissipation.
It's not a design flaw.

Because you're not using the superior eSATA. Continue to be speedlet, I don't care. Just don't post on my board ever again.

Attached: ,7-V-245227-3.jpg (468x351, 26K)

>It's not a design flaw.
No I'm saying the metal encasing is not doing enough. I know it's designed to get hot... but I'm saying that it's not doing it efficiently enough.

>tfw usb drives need heat sink and fans now

Well it certainly seems to be the case. It might be because these devices are larger in capacity now.

No UASP support on the enclosure/adapter.

Not him, but most of the USB 3.X metal flash drives I use get pretty hot. I thought it was normal, too.

The CPU cache is not the bottleneck in io

It's called Windows.