Absolutely BASED

Absolutely BASED

multicians.org/andre.html

Attached: pencil.png (672x552, 206K)

Definitely based.

Attached: thumbs.jpg (398x500, 19K)

Multics is underrated.

And people here shit on poojeets whose programming exams involve writing code with pencil and paper

Based on what?

That is truly a great anecdote

Thank you for brightening my day OP.

fucking based. where has that outlook on life and work disappeared?
>in ee, back when i was a kid, teachers would encourage our parents to rip out our entire homework if we made even the smallest typo and to foe sto doit all over again from scratch.

i get where this guy was coming from

divine fucking intellect

This is definitely not niggerlicious

The great Donald Knuth wrote the whole fucking TeX (one of the best program ever written) with a pencil and a paper.
The based Edsger Dijkstra doesn't even have a computer in his house.

These people learned to program before the advent of timesharing or any kind of interactive programming. You got limited time at a computer, so you didn't want any of that to go to waste -- you made damn sure that your shit worked beforehand. Unsurprisingly, some of the most enduring software comes from these eras -- where will electron js abortions be 30 years from now?

i finished my dissertation recently, and the one thing i severely overlooked was good, thorough design. i just sat down and started programming for the most part, but this was obviously a terrible idea. don’t ignore good design lads, makes life so much easier

I feel kinda sad that Multics acomplishments are acknowledged enough thanks to the Black Legend created by UNIX zealotry.
Writing with pen and paper is a great exercise. It also applies to music, creative writing, and almost anything that you can do with a computer now. It forces you to think ahead and it forces you to revaluate everything when you type it back to the PC.

>are not acknowledged
My bad.

>And people here shit on poojeets whose programming exams involve writing code with pencil and paper
my school had me write code on paper for an exam. also
>implying pajeets can do the same as the OP

this this this

sounds like a few guys decided to masturbate together and then jizzed on a biscuit. Now some other people have decided to masturbate each other off over a cup of cocoa and revived multics in 2017. Hmmm creamy cocoa. Careful what you drink, it may not be what you thought it was

wat

based schizoposter

>implying that modern UNIX isn't a simply a badly designed-on-the-run Multics

Multics already way ahead of Unix back in the day, and in many ways it still is to this day.
The world would be a better place had Multics won over Unix.

>schizoposter
you mean woman

>he thinks women are constantly thinking about jizz
Have sex

hi woman, i have plenty. sorry.

Attached: arguing with holes.jpg (520x588, 121K)

This, and one of the most cancerous symptoms of the lack of good design is stuff like TDD.
It really is just a fancy way to say "lmao just write code without thinking beforehand".
I also think people who bicker all the time about programming languages, libraries and the like really just spend too much time mindlessly churning out code without really accomplishing anything.

Attached: 1537325565394.png (1038x527, 43K)