Trackball Mice

so i got one of these to help with my wristpain but now i just have different pain. was told this style is better than thumb ball mice
do i have to put it on an angled surface or what else could i be doing wrong?

also trackball general i guess

Attached: s-l9999.jpg (380x500, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xahlee.info/kbd/trackball_index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Attached: Elecom_HUGE_Trackball.jpg (789x826, 128K)

Describe the pain. Are you holding it properly?
based. I use this trackball and I love it

basically my pointer and middle finger feel strained for lack of a better word. the tendons of those two get kinda numb. ive got a palm grip on the mouse in op but cant get used to holding it on an angle

On the Elecom Huge I rest my entire palm on the mouse, I never hold it. Numbness shouldn't be occurring at all. From a quick search you'd probably want to get that checked out.

I have one of these. I replaced the ball with a logitech ball. I credit it with a huge relief of my carpal tunnel symptoms, it's made a world of difference. It was 10/10 until the Mouse-2 button started sticking sporatically. I'm considering getting a HUGE but I'm poor and have bigger priorities right now.

Attached: 1553265894805.png (457x695, 363K)

i can rest my entire hand on this mouse too its just the two fingers i use to move the ball that get fucked

Attached: 6080600cv11d[1].jpg (3955x3308, 840K)

Could be that you have radiculopathy from cervical disc herniation or stenosis at level C3-5 instead of a repetitive motion injury too. But of you think it’s the latter, only stopping your mouse use for 6weeks or so will help it.

I have this its pretty good, I had to wait for it to ship from Japan though. maybe you want to try the new Logitech thumbball mx ergo

I have this, its so good that I was using it without realizing within 30 min.
Mices dont strain that much your wrist. Take a look into keyboards (microsoft ergo, kinesis advantage) and keymaps (personally I use colemak)

xahlee.info/kbd/trackball_index.html
this is pretty great trackball autism

You have to be seated in such a way that you can comfortably rest your hand on the trackball, in my opinion sitting lower so that you raise your hand and arm is better than sitting higher where you're, pushing down so to speak, as you have to bend your wrists more if you're sitting higher.
Basically you want to feel relaxed as much as possible. Having a chair with an arm rest can help. But if your up high and pushing down and bending your wrist, in my opinion in would be better to sit low so that you are simply laying your hand across the mouse.

Fairly sure only reason these exist is for military

Where a mouse on a ship or 4x4 truck will slide off table

If you have pain use a thinkpad nipple nub or eye tracking IMO

There is also mice you hold differently like a standing up dildo the explaining computers YouTube guy has one looks like a joystick kinda but flat bottom with mouse I. It and doesn't tilt

how long does it take to get used to using trackball? is it actually good to use them in narrow spaces where regular mouse just not suitable?

Same as . Got the same and I love it.

Man, those elecoms are nice. Can't get them here though. Not a single shops sells them, or ships them here.
Logitech and Kensington are ok though, so it's not a huge loss, but still, more choice is nice.

Been using this for a while now, the only thing I don't like about it is the stupidly thin right-mouse button, would have been perfect for me if the right-mouse and Fn3 were a single button instead

Are trackballs a meme? Are they significantly more comfortable than mice?

I just bought a MX Ergo Pro as my first trackball last night and just now ordered an authentic M570 ball for a few bucks. I know the thumb versions are probably inferior, but I figured the tilt would help me a lot as it has only been the last week that I have ever experienced any kind of wrist pain (from the outside edge and up into the palm area). I didn't look into the asian market trackballs before I decided on a purchase. Did I fuck up bad or was this worth the money? I can still return it.

the ones I've tried are pretty comfy. I think everyone should use them when not gaming.

like... a day or two at most probably. yes.

>the ones I've tried are pretty comfy. I think everyone should use them when not gaming.
Mmmm... I see. I don't play gayms, so that should work fine.

Best ball mouse reporting in.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190415-104308_Google.jpg (1023x902, 189K)

The ones with a big center ball (eg Kensington Expert) are a lot easier on the wrist than mice. I tried a M570 for a while and found it just transferred the strain from my wrist to my thumb / web. Still a really great totable pointing device though.

I actually use the left mouse button for the right and fn1 for the left button as I just cannot get over using my thumb to left click. Thing is it quits working every time windows asks me for permission and often for games... Shit software I sure wish I could find a workaround

Sounds like you're fucking up your tendons
If that happens, it'll be a lot worse than wrist pains
Might be best to go to a doctor about it
A mouse that forces you to hold your hand in a more natural position like the 3M EM500GPS might be better for you