Macbooks are overpriced

Macbooks are overpriced
>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better. Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs and the best build quality and support in the business
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1541886719420.jpg (711x399, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/AnonBabble

oh boy another Apple Derangement Syndrome thread.

Macbook Pro 13 is on par with it's competitors as a lightweight powerful premium laptop. But I have never understood or wanted a laptop without a GPU for over a grand. That leaves me with only the 15" and that is overpriced.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered RAM & SSD
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>kb breaks from a speck of dust requiring $700 fix
>can't open screen more than 90 degrees or you break the shit tier cheap fragile display cable
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1537945230512.jpg (2048x1536, 789K)

macOS also puts them over the top, IMO. But the problem is that the negative aspects of Apple design have eroded their quality as notebooks.

The keyboards are unusable with almost no travel, and that's not even counting the failure rates from particulate matter. They have stripped away most of the useful ports. MagSafe is gone. There is an absurd touch bar where the function keys should be. The touchpad is now TOO large and interferes with typing, despite Apple's excellent palm-detection software. They overheat at full load, but so do most laptops.

In 2009 Apple made an amazing MacBook Pro that worked well and had a full range of features and ports that pros need. It has been over a decade now since Apple has produced something as good.

Attached: 0160 - oYToIch.jpg (848x1280, 177K)

>best build quality and support in the business
LOL

macbooks were great until the 2016 redesign
the new keyboards and no I/O is horrible for it

Tiger - Snow Leopard MBPs are fucking perfect. I would buy over $1k all over again for something that good.

I'm not gonna pay >1000€ for a computer without a dedicated GPU. That goes for macbooks or surface bullshit, I don't care how well is built.

>trying to defend current gen mbps
Nigger, even appledditors hate them. They literally took everything that a professional laptop needs to have out in the name of shaving off 4mm of thickness.

(You) want it cose comercials
buy (You) dont need it

The market is very small for people who want that.

Science and engineering offloads GPU work to rack mounted servers crammed with GPUs. People doing heavy media production work are using desktops. The very small amount who need a portable GPU, and who absolutely need to stay int he Apple world, are willing to pay almost any price and put up with any inconvenience to use that hardware.

So the people caught in the middle of any of those categories no longer have a product they can buy into from Apple.

Attached: 0159 - zH65PJ2.jpg (848x1280, 205K)

>outstanding battery life
>best build quality and support

Maybe ten years ago, but not anymore. Apple's laptops have sacrificed far too much to be thinner.

>outstanding battery life
3 hour max if you are running apache or wammp server. my company got everyone the 16gb ram 3k$ books. they are good, but i'd never buy one personally.

>the new keyboards and no I/O is horrible for it
accurate. keyboard sticks randomly, and have to get special io from IT constantly

That louis rossmann review of that dogshit required dongle memery to use both the usb and wifi is reason rnough for me to not consider one desu.

mac screens have superb color reproduction and apple's content creation software may be preferable to some. But i don't necessiarly need those things, so therefore i don't have a mac.

i do 3d modeling, so it could be nice if i have better colors than my tn panel, but it's more of a side hobby.

>superb color reproduction
POO

Attached: 1554789246790.png (689x679, 449K)

New MBPs aren‘t actual MBPs, they‘re just glorified Macbooks with extra ports.

It seems like every day's the same
And I'm left to discover on my own
It seems like everything is gray
And there's no color to behold
They say it's over and I'm fine again, yeah
Try to stay sober feels like I'm dying here

And I am aware now of how
Everything's gonna be fine one day
Too late, I'm in hell I am prepared now
Seems everyone's gonna be fine
One day too late, just as well

I feel the dream in me expire
And there's no one left to blame it on
I hear you label me a liar
'Cause I can't seem to get this through
You say it's over, I can sigh again, yeah
Why try to stay sober when I'm dying here

And I am aware now of how
Too late, I'm in hell
I am prepared now
One day too late just as well

And I'm not scared now
I must assure you
You're never gonna get away
And I'm not scared now
And I'm not scared now no

I am aware now of how
Too late, I'm in hell
I am prepared now
One day too late, just as well
I am prepared now
Seems everything's gonna be fine for me
For me, for myself
For me, for me, for myself
For me, for me, for myself

Anything past the 2012/13 design for MBP is trash. The keyboards are horrible to type on and the touchbar thing up top is mind-bogglingly stupid. I'm not sure what I'm going to do after my current laptop goes because I hate the direction Apple has gone since Snow Leopard and Windows laptops have barely caught up in quality.

>Windows laptops have barely caught up in quality
Thinkpad X1C/X1E is better in literally every way.

The build quality is not particularly impressive honestly. That and a lack of ports, coupled with an inane insistence on 'thin as possible' really gimp the thing from what it could be otherwise.

Apple products are allot like Glock pistols, marvel films and president Trump in that it's overall a fairly standard and not particularly interesting thing but the rabid supporters and detractors bring an element of contraversy that shouldn't exist in an otherwise mundane and entirely mediocre product. Meaning if it wasn't for those who love to hate and those that just plain love it nobody would give a shit.

We're having around 8 Apple shill threads A DAY and the mods don't care.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

>autismal negroids instantly shower every apple thread with dozens of (you)s
>hur dur but why do they keep making them it must be a jewish shill plot

that's the front runner. i don't really care for the keyboard though and the quality control is all over the place