Crossover for excel? R for Windows?

Does anyone here have any experience using crossover? I'm currently running Ubuntu and thinking of going back to Windows 10 just so I can work on my Excel and actually gain some employable skills. Seems kind of win-win seeing that R/Rstudio and Python works in it too. And no I don't want to dual boot, W10 becomes one with the machine and its full retard on path A or full retard on path B.

Attached: officeCrossover.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Java
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is LibreOffice really that different?

I couldn't really tell you but every suit I talk to says to learn Excel. And it doesn't really matter what I know or what my major is or what I am applying for as long as my Excel skills are 1337 I'm golden.

This was meant for you first poster guy

>Porting malware to Linux
You groid, fucking stop. Use LibreOffice and/or LaTeX, but don't touch that MS shit.

Spot the neet

Peruse a job site and see how many listings mention excel.

If you know how to use LibreOffice calc then you can use excel. Calc can export in excel formats as well. As long as you can "do spreadsheets" then who cares? Actually being able to typeset and make good looking documents on the other hand ...

"excel" proficiency in corporate language means pivot tables, macros and vba

So is it fully supported in crossover is my question.

>If you know how to use LibreOffice calc then you can use excel.
Have fun writing VBA in Calc.

Not him.
But oh shit really?

>actually working with excel

That's pretty sad. I do work with xlsx files but only to import them into pandas. if they don't open I yell at you to send me a csv. I'm not some pussy whipped desk jockey I'm a data scientistâ„¢

Do you have a recommended path of education and portfolios to get an internship/job?

Use a Windows virtual machine. There's useful tools such as sharing files and the clip board between the host and VM. It even uses barely any battery life on my laptop.

Calculus, statistics, programming in general, get good at python list processing (comprehensions, map, filter, reduce), learn pandas and numpy and your choice of meme ML library.

Does the platform/OS matter? Besides what you mentioned, what's the single largest soft skill that you find important? What would set someone who is coming from another field apart from the herd?

vb.net is garbage, but you're right. I'm sure LibreOffice is just as extensible, but you have to know what you'll be using in the workplace.

It's exactly your kind of reactions that push people to the other party of the debate, if you want people to use that software then don't polarize them to the other side by bashing them.
Enlighten them instead. It is was RMS would have wanted.
(I am all about your opinion, just not the way it's formatted)

libreoffice fucking sucks, it's just different enough to completely throw you off.
also, they maintain the old office ui which is a total bitch to get used to again after using the office 2013 at work for a couple of years.
honestly, office is the best argument for using windows for me.

they don't, they just added the notebookbar thing

>R/Rstudio, Python + Python libraries, Excel + Excel plugins
Statistics or engineering, or neither? I use win8.1/office 2016 but at work win10/office 2019. Same python l, rstudio, and etc. version on both. Windows, is what I use.

You could try to get excel to work not just "work" in linux, I read its easier with older versions of excel. Its been like a year since I tried and libre office calc is not as good at all, for casual use maybe I guess. Macros are completely different. Formulas are similar but there's missing ones and missing functionality in some of the included functions. Maybe like 2010 level of function compatible. Excel extensions do not work at all. You'll have to also install Java, I don't remember why I think it was because macros compiler and charting. Oh, here wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Java all the stuff that requires Java. I has issues interfacing with data sources, its kind of buggy but they may have fixed it.

>vb.net is garbage
No it's not, its comfy. It can do/access anything c# can.

OP, I'll answer your question without being a
>don't use the botnet
>it's a virus
shill...
The last time I tried installing office 365 or anything latest using wine I had to install .NET 4.5 I think. Had to fix a lot of fonts to make it look less retarded. It actually never installed because it got stuck somewhere in the setup. BUT it did launch (the setup). Maybe crossover will have better luck since most of that is supposed to be automated?

this got me thinking, if i take .net core, could i enable libreoffice to use vb to extend it.

Attached: download.jpg (779x421, 103K)

Business is why linux will never be a viable desktop.