Wine wont run Doom

What do Jow Forums? I thought Wine was suppose to be awesome? Someone made wine for Android and I'm playing around with it on my phone (samesung dex pad) and it wont install anything. So, how far off are we till Wine fully works and I'm playing Doom and the Sims on my phone? I mean the original sims

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 172K)

>for Android
Your tablet doesn't use x86, you retard.

you're a fucking idiot user

I tried sometime ago, it seems broken

It should work on ARM.

my PC can run doom but can't run java shit called Android since 6 version.

Doom is a fucking DOS game for starters.
If you're talking about a Windows source port, it should work just fine in Wine.

halt

There are several doom engine emulators on android. Look for a highly rated one in the play store, throw in your .wads and go to town.
Install some mods if you want some rice.

Attached: your_shit___fuck_it.png (485x409, 196K)

Wine is not an emulator, you'll not be able to run it on anything but x86.

Not if you're using a typical Windows binary, which will be compiled for intel cpus. Besides, duckduckgo for 'Doom Android' provides a number of viable alternatives.

Original doom?

Just use gzdoom

Who the fuck still plays doom?

Wine Is Not an Emulator retard. Unless you have an x86 phone or an ARM binary it won't work.
Besides, Doom has a million native Android source ports that will work just fine. Unless you mean 2017 in which case you're a fucking idiot for thinking it will run on a phone.

are you that guy who ask for a switch emu on its 3ds on gbatemp?

2bf tho anons, I've heard for years that people were making this a thing, we wanted something like GPDWin but nothing so far comes close to that little guy. I would love a GPDWin for shiggles but frankly I don't think it's gonna be around anytime soon unless I make myself a netbook with a keyboard/mouse on it.... Even then, I'd get a trackball.

>He doesn't get the point of putting doom on it
>Everything can run doom

I've not been to that site in a long ass time, so likely not user

There's different dosbox ports for android if you can't find anything else for doom.

>Wine Is Not an Emulator retard.
It emulates the software not the hardware as far as I know. It is a emulator, it fits the definition of a emulator. Some freetard (un)knowingly naming wine incorrectly doesn't change the definition or meaning of emulator.

It doesn't emulates at all, stupid faggot. It only interprets Windows APIs, it's a compatibility layer. Virtualization would be emulation.

>Virtualization would be emulation.
Actually, if you stop to think, it's not. Emulation is about interpreting pure machine code from other architectures and finding a way to execute them in a whole different environment.

Run DOSBOX you fucking pleb.

will it run the Sims complete collection is what I want to know the most

>It emulates the software not the hardware as far as I know. It is a emulator, it fits the definition of a emulator.
Retard. It interprets the software, it doesn't emulate anything.

*Pushes up my glasses*
What kind of nerd are you user? I cannot believe you would not know such a thing as I do.

It's ok to be retarded, just don't brag about it.

iTs Ok To bE ReTaRDed, JuST Don'T BraG ABOuT IT.

you seem lost, child

Attached: 1503855647882.gif (237x240, 3.23M)

Holy shit OP you're insufferable.

Your moms infferable!

>doesn't play gzdoom/zdoom/any kind of foss doom port really, user why are you retarded?

Also ID Software open sources their games, so you are a fucking retard user.
The foss clones are more of a foss forks of an foss game that is doom.

>he fell for android tablet
>gayming
LMAYOOO

Attached: Sketch (172).png (1728x1080, 1.48M)

I thought that was chrome os

>barely no games
>only hyper mainstream shit
Stop being poor and retarded.

shit, just use Windows/iOS or go home

Sorry user I already have autism

Attached: 2019-04-15-145106_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 246K)

well, it's a laptop so it's ok.
I use Linux on desktop too bro. (not Arch gay btw)

>no organization in hie library
user why?

>It should work on ARM.
No. You can compile various doom reimplementations for ARM. You can even run something like qemu or bochs on ARM (iirc, haven't done it lately).

But sure as fuck a Windows compatibility layer isn't going to run x86 binaries on ARM.

Using arch is associated with retardation, not autism.

Attached: 1537264815199.jpg (373x327, 49K)

>organizing your games means you're autistic
Actually user it's not, I know 2 autistic brothers who cannot for the life of them oragnize shit. They treat their stuff like children do and throw shit around. They are complete idiots. Gotta feel bad for genuine autistic people.

wine is not an emulator

If they are dos games, probably. If those are windows games they won't run in dosbox. Maybe there's a native version or a virtual machine you could install windows to.

It emulates the windows API then.
So it emulates windows interpretation of the software, Its a emulator.
Its a emulator. See Wine is a emulator, reality doesn't change because wine identifies as something its not.

The Sims runs on Windows 10 so I wanna say windows and not DOS. but I'm not honestly sure because I know that XP wasn't TECHNICALLY Windows at the time right? Wasn't it still programed in dos?

Modern computers dont use x86 you mongoloid retard
they use x86-64

>It emulates the windows API then.
No, it doesn't, retard. It just executes the program using it. Do you also think Linux emulates GNU? You are fucking retarded.

Learn what an emulator is and learn about how WINE works before shitposting.