He writes his server code in Python and JavaScript

>He writes his server code in Python and JavaScript

Attached: yikes.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nuitka.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only acceptable use of JavaScript is asm.js as a compiler target for emscripten. Python's good as long as you aren't a brainlet who uses it to write performance sensitive code.

Python is shit on several levels

Implementing websockets is a lot more easier with node.js

PHP

> Doesn't write his server code in C

Attached: IMG-20190103-WA0013.jpg (600x900, 162K)

Explain

>less shit than anything else yada yada

print "hello world"

Only one line.
Eat that, cniles

Attached: 1541555500782.jpg (615x506, 44K)

Raphi is technology!

>python = shit
good for math, machine learning, data science, desktop applications, and web crap..
more slow than c only in a couple of milliseconds..
easy as fuck syntex let you program on the fly..
you are shit user

>good for math, machine learning, data science, desktop applications, and web crap..
There are better languages for any and all of these.
>more slow than c only in a couple of milliseconds..
haha, no.
>easy as fuck syntex let you program on the fly..
messed up syntax that gets fucked by indentation all the time. The easy syntax was a thing on python 2.x, 3.x trashed all the good parts while adding bad ones and breaking everything.

No look he's actually correct
C: 0.001ms
Python: 5ms

>There are better languages for any and all of these.
Like? Fortran is overkill for a lot of scientific work these days.

dunno, we still use fortran for the bottleneck shit in our simulations, because they already take weeks to finish even with fortran.

lrn2vectorize

Probably these days why server code is in Javascript is because its working off legacy code and would take an abnormal amount of time to just redo the whole thing in any other language.

It's over 100x slower than C/C++/Java.
>desktop applications
You can do almost anything in bash instead of Python.

>it's fine it's just 5000 times slower
Imagine doing any real work in Python, then imagine saving days of execution time by just using a non-shit language.

>100x slower
based on your own personal opinion fucking 12 yeartard

Python is a much nicer scripting language than bash.

>he uses ralph reaction images

you are 100% overweight aren't you

Attached: 9DBB46AB-909C-475F-BCB8-C0D7AED9B3AF.jpg (660x710, 95K)

Based on benchmarks, you fucking idiot.

Are people fucking meming or something?

Django is like a fuckton slower than Node why would you Python if you need an easy to make backend

Attached: 283822632983.jpg (800x450, 52K)

>he doesn't listen to black skinhead every day like a religion

Instagram uses Django Uber Paypal Netflix and more use a lot of Node, what does your site as popular as either of those use?

Attached: 235252523525.jpg (590x393, 103K)

Server =/= server software

there are some implementation that it is true but overall your worng fag.
try that build a program that counting untill 10000000
In c and python you will see a minor difference

>build a program that counting untill 10000000
1. Useless """benchmark"""
2. Learn English

>advising others to use bash for anything other than single use throwaway scripts and oneliners

Maintainability is a thing my dude

I guess it's not quite that popular but my company's site is like global rank 100 and we use Java and PHP (but admittedly the PHP guys are dinosaurs).

We do have some Node, Golang, Ruby. and whatnot here and there though

>Maintainability
>Python
You don't need it because Python has the same usecase as bash. It's useless for anything serious.

I always wonder how do you combine between backe-end languages, how do they communicate?

>"""benchmark"""
leave me alone fag you win
exactly by 100x

One project I was on was implemented using microservices in Golang, Java, Node, and Scala (not saying this is representative of our company as a whole).

The services talked to each other using gRPC and AMQP.

Another place I worked had a couple of "microservices" (both Java) which were basically just two almost unrelated processes which didn't communicative directly. But they did share a database (Apache Cassandra in case you're curious) which allowed them to share information in a sense. I think only one or two tables were used by both though.

>It's useless for anything serious.
I'll let Instagram know.

Oh, I suppose AMQP would actually be one service writing to a queue (eg RabbitMQ) and then another service (or services) consumes the queue.

For me, if it contains more than, say, one loop I won't write it in bash. I think Perl/Python/whatever is a lot more readable.

>It's useless for anything serious
Python + C is literally the combination running most of the data world

>C
>not x86 assembly

>Instagram
>serious
Lmao.

From a personal standpoint I wouldn't call Instagram serious, but from a professional one they *are* like the 20th highest traffic site or something.

Plus images take up a lot of space so they're probably got some image optimization shit too.

Facebook is a pretty lame company though. I look forward to them getting crushed by some Chinese social network.

Yeah, I agree. The website itself is piss easy, probably every freshman in cs could write down a single page app which basically does nothing more than fetching images and comments. They probably use external software for the images like some Amazon S3. Also they're big into caching stuff.

python is pretty good. i use it as a glue language and rewrite slow pars in c. i want to learn ruby cuz it has better syntax, though. not sure how well it's supported, though. i mean, you can find anything you may want written in python but that's both a blessing and curse.

Python is only useful for niche automation and as a scripting language. Leave backends to more serious languages

>more slow than c only in a couple of milliseconds..
am i biting bait

nuitka.net/