All right fags which program should I take? Computer Eng. or Software Eng...

All right fags which program should I take? Computer Eng. or Software Eng.? I want to be able to work with projects while having knowledge of electronics and hardware

Attached: 58b.jpg (680x710, 62K)

Do EE and solve SICP on your own. Everything that has „computer“ or „software“ in it on undergraduate level is utter shit.

Thanks for the advice based user, but honestly do you really think I can be a seasoned programmer while being EE?

You become a seasoned programmer by actually programming. Your internships, personal projects and interview questions matter far more than your major. So the only question is if you can handle the academic workload and do those on your own time.

SoftEs are diet computer scientists. CprE at my uni required many EE courses, you just wouldn't have to take the gay irrelevant engineering courses like statics.

Some say that CE is a dumbed down version of EE, is that true?

This has nothing to do with Technology.

Degrees are technology user

software engineering is fucking retarded, CE and EE are the way to go, unless you like like theory/math/research in which case you should go CS. programming is literally easy, being a GOOD programmer is hard and takes time and patience and practice, which is not really that important if you want to know how to program to write dumb shit on your own at home. i'm a CS student, and the vast majority of my classes (i'm near graduation) have been math and theory heavy with labs that involve actual coding. that's my interest, though. if you REALLY like hardware and software is not really what you give a shit about, EE. if you like low level programming and wanna learn about hardware while spending time actually writing code too, CE. if you like math/theory/academics/algorithms/shit like that, CS.

If you want to have at least a basic knowledge of electronics and hardware, or are interested in embedded systems, I would say go for CPE.

You will become a good programmer as said through experience and practice, the degree is less important, it is more about your ambition and how much you are willing to teach yourself about the things you are interested in

How about a degree in Media and Communications?

Attached: 12331231242.jpg (648x647, 28K)

Ew, literally every faggot who graduates from school without any idea of what to study takes that program in my country.

In my uni it's the same as EE but you swap out the power systems course and statics for a filesystems course and advanced data structures.

Thanks anons, I seriously appreciate your advice. Right now I'm thinking on taking EE and also follow my passion for programming, maybe taking a CS minor wouldn't hurt.

cutie

>unless you like like theory/math/research in which case you should go CS
this isn't the only reason to go CS. If you aren't really interested in hardware and want to become a software engineer but with an actually meaningful degree (as opposed to a softeng degree) go CS. This depends on the college though, some SoftEng programs are even better than some CS programs. Also, if you're torn between CE and CS but want the easy route, CS is the correct choice. CE is harder and actually more math heavy, at least in my experience

Why must anons dislike SE?

Imma make it real simple for you. For entry level codemonkey jobs your major doesn‘t matter. I mean if you do absolutely nothing but play vidya and jerk off during college, then you‘re going to have a better chance at these jobs with CS/SWEng. But assuming you‘re not retarded and do a couple internships and/or some toy projects, it absolutely will not matter if you studied CS or EE or Physics (provided GPA isn‘t shit). The only differences your major makes are: additional job opportunities (eg EEs can into jobs CSs can‘t, but vice versa is rare especially for undergrads) and actual knowledge. For latter it‘s fairly simple. SWEng is a shit tier pajeet major that provides less than daily browsing of Jow Forums would and should be avoided at all costs. CS is your main choice for brogramming, but it suffers from trying to please everyone: on one hand it is supposed to prepare future „computer scientists“, on the other it tries to teach people who don‘t know how to put a power plug into socket to program. This leads to a situation where future codemonkeys have half their curriculum stuffed by math they don‘t need and future grad students have half their curriculum stuffed by shit like „how to fill out UML cards“ or „memorizing Java keywords for 5 months“. For that reason if you want to do research in CS it‘s almost always better to do math with CS minorin college. If you‘re just after coding - tough, you‘ll have to power through the theory. EE is a great major that will probably give you the broadest spectrum of knowledge, but good programs are pretry fuckhard and you‘ll have to be apt at math, physics and coding to succeed. So if you‘re not really interested in how exactly transistors are built and are satisfied knowing what they do, CS would be a better choice. Lastly CompEng depends heavily on particular program. Some are watered down EE, some are EE with more CS, some are EE with heavy specialization. So do your research in advance.

not him but at my uni soft eng majors are just computer science majors that take extra project management classes, which you really don't need more than one of. you'd be better off taking algorithms or databases or something

this is a bait thread genius.

>CE is a dumbed down version of EE
Bait

>highschooler asking naive questions
>hur dur bait
Nobody cares about your CE degree from Anchorage Community College, brainlet.

Thanks a lot for the advice user. I have zero problems with math and physics, actually I kind of like challenges without wanting to sound like a nerd. That only confirms I should take EE and a CS minor.

No you retard, I made this thread seriously and I have replying to everyone's advice