Attached: cpp_logo.png (360x405, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noncombatant.org/2019/01/06/state-of-security-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who say's it's complicates?

your vocabulary

when they added classes

it isn't complicated enough yet.
still needs modules, concepts, metaclasses, static reflection, more constexpr, pattern matching, etc.

It didn't. Only brainlets think C++ is too complicated. The truth is that it just needs to be rid of legacy crap.

aka C++20/23
Also, how did they determine that modules would actually be a better alternative than header files? From what I can tell you'd need to serialize the compilation process since you have to compile the modules before compiling the main source file(s). With header files you can compile all the object files in parallel post-preprocessing.

getting rid of legacy crap breaks grandpa's code you fucking retard

you forgot C++26

Yeah well he betrayed the white race by fighting Hitler in WWII.

Attached: 1530647012568.jpg (482x295, 26K)

when they bolted an entire second language to it

templates are part of the language, it's not separate.

C++ is only complicated if you're a python brainlet

doing data science right now, it's all a fucking meme
formatting as syntax, there's no naming convention between libraries, retarded ternary operations, capitalized booleans, pandas is fucking counter intuitive, not strongly typed but extremely picky about data types, matplotlib is shit and seaborn is fucking retarded
I literally can't understand why would someone use such a piece of shit, fuck python, I would rather use javascript and d3

about the time they added rvalue references, but more specifically when every damn job opening and 'enthusiast' blogger started spouting "if you don't know what rvalue references are you don't really know c++!" as if there isn't an entire language otherwise

Plenty of people 'knew' c++ before 2011.

They're right and you're retarded.

Probably when the creator realized they were headed in the wrong direction.
noncombatant.org/2019/01/06/state-of-security-2019/

Look at the first link under "the bad". It was around this point in time.

> Data science
> Not using R

>data cleaning monkey can‘t handle frameworks written by undergrads
Pottery.

>I literally can't understand why would someone use such a piece of shit, fuck python, I would rather use javascript and d3
god no.
at least python provides sane, usable oop features without needing an entire 'nother language built out on top of it a la typescript.
python was designed to be easy to use by codelets. it's not perfect but you're retarded if you can't learn to use it for pretty much any job in literally-a-weekend.
>it's just prototypal inheritance lol - surely you can't be that dumb??
>just use apply, call, and bind, bro
trying to do anything non-trivial from scratch in javascript just makes me want to end it all.
javascript is cancer and webshits who act like it's good need to be rounded up and exterminated.

>#include into 10 TU
>the iostream header needs to be compiled 10 times
>import std.iostream
>std.iostream module needs to be compiled a single time (or more likely 0 times)

Also modules are not only for better compilation times. They offer better encapsulation as well.

They are really not that hard.

is C++ actually worth learning in 2019?
currently studying data science, but also have some interest in OS stuff, and i know C reasonably well.
actual day-job is writing frontend garbage in angular.
seems like a lot of brain space to commit to obscure language features, and i feel like it's not really that widely used in the industry unless you want to write games or trading software.

>is C++ actually worth learning in 2019?
yeah its my daily driver

You should only learn C++ if you want to develop video games, desktop software, trading software, system software or research software like the stuff they do at CERN, or coding contests.
Its completely useless otherwise.

what field are you in / kind of software do you work on?
just kind of curious what sort of software actually still needs that kind of performance / flexibility where something like Java or Go wouldn't cut it
besides the obvious ones anyway - games, trading software, embedded devices, and hardware-level stuff, etc...

thank you, your autistic ass gives C++ a ton of credibility

It’s a systems language used where more fine grained performance is important, like writing a databases, software routers, and high performance servers. Many science and engineering packages are written in it too. It’s also increasingly being used for complex embedded systems.

C is where it's at

It was inevitable.

Attached: prxXQMf.jpg (1280x840, 211K)

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of C++ myself, but I recognize that most of the problems with it are inherited from C and older, legacy standards.
C and C++ until C++03 included were trash.
C++ from C++11 and up is decent. Not amazing, but decent.