SSDs are a meme

SSDs are a meme
multi-core performance is a meme
linux is a meme

Attached: 1516360448547.png (789x608, 1.01M)

Linux is the most popular kernel in the world.

But all of those are direct upgrades to other options. That's not what meme means, OP.

>direct upgrade
I don't think you know what those words mean, because if you did then you'd realize that those "direct upgrades" come at the expense of something else.

Like what, genius?

Not him but SSDs, while faster, are smaller in capacity than HDDs (unless you pay out of your ass for a 3tb one or whatever) and aren't as suitable for long term storage.

With multi-core performance you lose single core performance and stuff like muh gaymes aren't, or at least weren't, very good at using multiple cores.

With GNU/Linux I guess it's mainly the lack of some programs such as adobe ones or muh gaymes. Someone might say you also have to spend your waking time configuring shit so your system works but that's just bullshit.

A lot of these probably don't matter for you and me because you can use SSDs for the OS and important programs and just use HDDs for storing stuff.
"Who cares about gaymes? fucking get out"
Wine can run stuff pretty well these days, I'm not sure about how well it runs stuff like photoshop but I heard it's not too bad.
Most games can run pretty well under wine these days as well, it's just the anticheats like BattlEye and EAC that fuck you over but that will change once stadia happens.

So while most of the expenses don't really matter, they do still all come at the expense of something so they're not "direct upgrades".

Attached: 1526040026105.gif (133x133, 7K)

>and aren't as suitable for long term storage.
This is the meme.

My whole life was a unlimited meme works.

I don't want to wave the richfag card but 1TB SSDs are pretty affordable now. HDDs are losing the capacity advantage. SSDs aren't even utilizing the whole 2.5" chassis, it's like 80% empty. They could increase the capacity at any time they want but it costs more. They also only lose data if they are cut from power source for months or years, so there's no disadvantage if you put one in your daily PC. It's just a faster HDD then.

Nope. Moving parts are shit and make noise and fall apart.

>SSDs are a meme
No
>multi-core performance is a meme
No
>linux is a meme
Only for desktops

Memes are a meme.

Attached: mindblown__d2.gif (185x185, 3.79M)

>Electrons are not moving parts
You cannot make a hard drive without the movement of electrons.

>Electrons are not moving parts
That's correct, retard. Electrons are not computer hardware.

poorfag detected

>they're parts
>they move
>"IZ NOT MOVING PART!"
brainlet detected

*meta dab*

Ironically bad posts are unwelcome.

Attached: Get out of g.png (1000x1000, 156K)

But electricity is a moving part. It's just part of a massive machine called human society.

frogposting is cancer

believing that memes are just memes is a meme

my levels of autismo moved me to the point where I boot into windows to do real work with normal software but feel so unsafe that I boot back into linux to browse and listen to music. Yet I can't watch HD videos because both nvidia drivers are shit. Yet I can't use almost any other software linux has and use a fucking tiling wm becaus linux DEs are shit.
I-I guess I need to rest from this shit for some time, anons...

can any windows user tell me why i should use win over linux if i'm not a gaymer?

where do I get one of those pepes

>SSDs are a meme
I thought the same, but the way software is so bloated this days, SSDs make a huge difference. Literally made my unusable T60 become a fast computer.
for videogames obviously, if you work with VMs or rendering among other things, it is very useful, stop being so shortsighted
>linux is a meme
Windows server is meme, it should not exist.

You only need Windows if you need applications that are only available for Windows, it doesn't matter if its games or something else.
The rest is a matter of taste.

you're an idiot, bucko

:(

>because both nvidia drivers are shit
Maybe you'll learn to get non-Nvidia parts from now on. Torvalds personally said that they have been the worst company they have to deal with.

Attached: 1481892634492.gif (640x360, 1.55M)

can linux faggs stop sucking this old pedos dick?

>Computers with performance are a meme

>linux is a meme
>the 2 things you need to run windows as fast as linux is a meme
nice!

Did it hurt your fee-fees, /v/irgin?

>Everyone i don't like is /v/fagg

End your life pls

>reddit spacing
My mistake Jow Forumspcmasterrace

Attached: 1531993022050.png (1050x741, 159K)

>ssd are a meme
thought it is more energy efficient on laptops and shit?
yep can't argue with that. But if you're a developer, it's nice to have multithreading for building purposes.
>linux is a meme
no.

Electrical power is a meme

Attached: 1326093234120.jpg (176x137, 8K)