MSI is shit

techpowerup.com/254634/msi-betrays-amds-socket-am4-longevity-promise-no-zen2-for-300-series
fuck.

Attached: 1552981560837.jpg (802x854, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144177
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Welp, that rules out both Asus and MSI

Guess I'll give Gigabyte a try for Zen2 if they have fixed their retarded Linux incompatability from FX-series motherboards back in the day

>just buy ASrock
i would, if they actualyl sold their shit in scandinavia

>AMD overpromises and underdelivers once again
Who could have guessed, also
>Company doesn't give a shit about consumers but only about their bottom line
Wow groundbreaking news there. In other news the sun is a star and water is wet. More news at 12, back to you user.

>Guess I'll give Gigabyte a try for Zen2

I went gigabyte for ryzen 1, wouldn't advise it. They had a habit of randomly appearing to die unless you do some fucking pagan ritual with replacing the cmos a couple of times then and just leaving it sit for an arbitrary amount of time.

This isn't AMDs fault but MSIs

what did Asus do?

They do at danish ComputerSalg

And it doesn't need to be their fault for them to still once again have overpromised and underdelivered.
And they must have known that their partners will focus profit over customer satisfaction or AMDs promises. Anything else is retarded at best and just customer deception at worst.

kek

Wat. You realise that AMD isn't in charge of bios updates, right?

And that changes what about the fact that motherboard manufacturers are already laughing at them and telling them to fuck off?

>Just Buy AsRock
Can confirm it's the price/quality champ for AMD

>And it doesn't need to be their fault for them to still once again have overpromised and underdelivered.
Spoken like a true retard.
I can almost feel a bit of brand loyalty coming from you since you seem overjoyed by these jewish antics from MSI.
This shit has consequences. It's horrible PR and it certainly guarantees many people won't ever buy MSI again.

>won't ever buy MSI again
Most people aren't going to give a fuck because by the time they need to upgrade they are buying a new motherboard anyway.

If AsRock pulls some shit like this I'll be mad pissed.
I didn't buy a X370 Taichi to have to buy another motherboard just to change CPUs like how incels like are used to.

That's what you get for being an early adopter, a big fat dick up your ass.
Should have waited like I did.

Attached: 1519438277112.jpg (400x400, 13K)

There's going to be a HUGE difference in performance between Ryzen 1st gen and 4th gen.
If you agree with these artificial excuses to make you buy a new board, you're just another jew or you like getting fucked in the ass by them.

Dude the last time I upgraded my motherboard I was getting either USB3 or thunderbolt and nvme.

If you bought a slow ass processor where you need to upgrade right away its your own fault.

You are very much projecting about the brand loyalty. I don't give a single shit about who made the CPU, Motherboard, RAM, or whatever else. I buy what best fits the criteria I have for the PC/Server I am building in that moment.
>you seem overjoyed by these jewish antics from MSI
No it's just cynical resignation. Anyone that thought someone wouldn't try to pull this shit (even if it was Intel that announced it) eventually is retarded at best.
>many people won't ever buy MSI again
Just like how no one ever bought mid segment GPUs from Nvidia after the 3.5GB shit?
Consumers have a very short memory. Some won't buy MSI this cycle and once gen 4 rolls around they will already have forgotten.

What you really did was ignore support trends and cheap out.

You wot? I think you replied to the wrong guy.

Do my implications ruffle your butthairs?

MSI has always been shit so this is expected.

Yep clinically retarded. What a shame.

Well, I bought a mid-range 6 core processor with performance that Intel couldn't even rival with their top of the line, and now I might upgrade to a 16 core which Intel can't even begin to dream about.
How's that for not wanting to buy a new motherboard? I can just swap the CPU, simple!

It's not catastrophic for the company, but you can bet it hurts the numbers.

good thing i bought an x470 for $110 near christmas

Which one?

Also, what would be the difference between the X570/B550 to current X470/B450 besides PCIe 4.0?

>Most people aren't going to give a fuck
This so much. It doesn't matter to the vast majority, nobody but whiny vocal minority cares even a little.

I'm not saying that AMD isn't breaking their promises, and that's bad. What I am saying is that I always found this "oh AM4 has a long support cycle and that's so much better" argument to be stupid. I don't buy a new computer every year and swap out the CPU in it with a better one the next. I've had many machines in my time and I've never, ever, bought any CPU not part of a motherboard/CPU/RAM combination. We'll probably be using DDR5 by the time I replace my current Ryzen 1600X on a X370 motherboard with something faster and better.

Also, honestly, the most annoying thing when upgrading has, to me, always been the inability to keep on using the RAM. A motherboard's not that expensive and it's usually got a newer USB and stuff like that.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144177

difference would be day 1 next gen ryzen support, maybe support for higher clocked memory
but essentially they will be almost identical

But they're not. Asus have literally already updated all their B350 and X370 boards to support Zen 2. You're dumb.

maybe msi didnt have enough memory for the bios on their older 1st gen boards, they probably have enough to support two generations, but they most likely dont want to have to deal with the headache of releasing multiple bios versions just so people can have 1st-3rd or 2nd-3rd compatibility
I do remember reading that this could be a problem with the older AM4 boards

More like
>AMDs promise is so true and the amount of backwards compatible processors is so great that the memory on mobos ran out
Just go buy 3 boards a year and a literal nuclear reactor i9 9999k

Aren't ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte all the same Taiwanese shit anyways?

This is a real issue and it's not limited to MSI. The issue appears to be the common use of 16 MB BIOS chips which doesn't fit all the AGESA code. BIOS update files for the Gigabyte AX370 like AX370G5.F25 are about 9 MB in a zip which extracts to exactly 16 MB.

Some current/earlier BIOS versions already dropped support for the Bristol Ridge chips to get support for the Ryzen 2000.

I'm not convinced this is MSIs excuse, though. How come ASUS manages to squeeze everything they need into the same 16 MB? (perhaps they drop support for some CPUs too?).

no/yes. they are different companies with different factories and so on. but it's like having 3 stores selling carrots that all come fromt the same 2 surrounding farms. they probably use the same suppliers for PCBs, capacitors etc.

>I'm not convinced this is MSIs excuse, though
Nah their shit excuse is "power draw".