/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy Fold Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: galaxy_gold_specs.jpg (2400x5194, 1.48M)

>6 cameras

Attached: 1454996235991.jpg (250x248, 8K)

How did you mod your phone OS, Jow Forums?

I'm trying not to use the word linux, because I think it rubs phone fans the wrong way for some mysterious reason that I couldn't even begin to imagine.

After a few weeks I think I've finally decided on a OnePlus 5, it seems powerful, is affordable, is riceable, and easily accessible to hardwear.
I've heard of battery problems, which seems replaceable, but one thing I keep hearing about is the digitizer
What are the big issues I might run into? Besides having a two year old phone

Attached: 417luG5OM2L.jpg (500x500, 30K)

I would suggest going with the 5t, you would get a much nicer screen experience and maybe not the issues you posted. My gf has one and havent notice any issues. Also the oneplus 7 should be announced within a month which would make the older phones even cheaper if you wait it out.

I have a Galaxy J7 Crown. I spent a hundred on it. It's good.
Now how do I root it?

I need to not fuck up this decision Jow Forums.

What do you recommend that has

>SD Card Slot
>Good Camera Quality
>Good Battery Life
>Rootable

Attached: Start.gif (500x500, 859K)

and plays nice with verizon. forgot to put that in there.

>install xposed on bluestacks 5
>bluestacks gets bricked, won't get past the booting sequence
Even in VM I fuck up.

Attached: 1455580326491.png (432x313, 247K)

>see people with phones
>all of them are pretty big (iphone XS, Galaxy S10, etc)
>users are constantly shifting their hands on the phone to go from the bottom of the screen to touch the top of the screen.
>then shifting their hands back down
Why the fuck do people put up with this shit?
>inb4 one handed mode
Most of those are shit and hard to access.
It would be liking making a gun where you have to shift the weapon just to pull the trigger.

Any budget?

>It would be liking making a gun where you have to shift the weapon just to pull the trigger.
mmm..
a two handed gun...
that is bigger than a handgun...
but more powerful or precise or offering additional functionality...

imagine that, those people are retarded, why would they ever put up with it???11

Attached: Dk5jTEQUwAA5reM.jpg (900x728, 66K)

>a two handed gun...
You still won't have to shift the gun to pull the trigger you dumb faggot

anybody know a good custom rom for Galaxy S7? something like a debloated stock ROM

yes you do, since the position you carry it is different than the position you shoot it

Attached: main-qimg-27b79b9b8eb1705382e9768d593b4065.jpg (602x401, 91K)

???
The first 2 soldiers in pic are literally CARRYING their guns and have their FINGER on the trigger
If these guns were the equivalent of modern shit smartphone design they would have to use both hands to aim, then bring one hand back to fire, then bring that hand back to aim again. Repeat

>If these guns were the equivalent of modern shit smartphone design they would have to use both hands to aim, then bring one hand back to fire, then bring that hand back to aim again. Repeat
not him but your analogy doesn't make any sense
>moving ur arms from carrying position = moving ur hand across the screen on a phone

Nevermind that you don't even need to do that but u can use ur thumb

fucking handlet

>???
if you shoot it in the position you carry it you just end up firing in the ground. If you actually want to shoot *at* something you need to shift the gun into an aiming position.

Summa summarum: your analogy is retarded

>if you shoot it in the position you carry it you just end up firing in the ground.
But you can carry it in any position you want (and still have your hand on the trigger).
They're in a non-combat zone so they're carrying it across their chest.
ALL operations can be done without shifting your hands awkwardly (the trigger, the semi/automatic switch, safety switch, and reloading cartridge are all conveniently designed for quick usage and minimal movement).
With modern phones you are literally shifting the phone in your hand to touch the top then bottom of the screen.

Look at that fucking disgusting side notch How the fuck does anyone think that piece of crap looks good?

Attached: Vomit overload.jpg (312x312, 58K)

>Nevermind that you don't even need to do that but u can use ur thumb
I see dudes all the time shifting the phone in their hand with the XS and the S9 (don't even get me started on the retarded juggling is see people do with the Max and + models).

at this point i don't even know what you've allegedly seen people doing with their phones

what the hell does "shifting the phone in their hand" mean?

Attached: DvsKRhDWkAEf4DL.jpg (686x492, 33K)

>what the hell does "shifting the phone in their hand" mean?
Seriously? Why do you think they invented "Reachability" and "One Handed Mode"?
>person holding big phone with one hand
>want to access something on top of screen (ios Control Center, android Notification Pull down)
>while holding phone in normal position, they stretch their thumb up to reach the top of the screen
>thumb doesn't reach
>so they shift the phone down in their so that their thumb can reach the top of the screen, then when they're done they shift the phone back to down it's more natural holding position
Some people go 2 hand, some have those pop-out holders on the back of their phone, but most people I see are shifting their phones.
Fucking stupid.

Attached: ssss.jpg (776x513, 48K)

F

>some have those pop-out holders on the back of their phone
kinda like putting a gun sling on your rifle?

doa

Attached: ssssss.jpg (604x361, 46K)

>kinda like putting a gun sling on your rifle?
No faggot.
The gun sling is for more convenient carrying (like putting a phone in your pocket).
The gun sling doesn't make the gun easier to operate. The pop out holder makes the phone easier to operate (because the phone is poorly designed)

ok, so a pop socket is for a phone like what a butt stock or a front grip is for a rifle, gotcha

Does not exist outside of chinkphones, get a chinkphone

>Tfw there is still no phone with a really small chin
it's literally all I want
p30 is close but not close enough

Do I buy the Samsung Note 9 128gb or bite the bullet and join the chink insectoid botnet by buying a p30?
The cameras are neat

Pop socket is for idiots that hold their phone wrong using tension from the side of a finger which ends up straining tendons and causing inflammation.

They are literally too stupid to consciously adjust their grip to a less strenuous position so they buy retarded holders that glue onto the back of their phone.

Its basically phone training wheels.

Just buy the Pixel, Samsung cameras have overprocessed shitty pics and Huashit is cancer and has extra beauty filters and watercolor effect

if you want good pics then probably the p30 but the note 9 will also take decent pictures with a bigger battery, bigger screen, better screen, better cpu (people develop apps and games for snapdragon cpus)

It's ridiculously overpriced here, plus it looks like ass imo. My question is specifically about the note 9 and the p30
I can only get the exynos 9810 variant in yurop

Just man up and get pozzed by Huawei then, Exynos is garbage

Huawei mate x > Samsung Galaxy Fold
This is indisputable.

Attached: 1548286958323.jpg (399x324, 37K)

buy a snapdragon version from ebay, there are tons of grey market imports there

LG V30

>so a pop socket is for a phone like what a butt stock or a front grip is for a rifle, gotcha
No.
The butt stock and front grip are more for comfort, they're not necessary for operating the rifle.
The pop out holder allows you to use your phone properly without juggling the phone in your hand.

Simple Question:
Galaxy S9 (euro version) or Mi 9se?

>The butt stock and front grip are more for comfort, they're not necessary for operating the rifle.
neither is the pop socket, considering most people don't have one on their phone

>The pop out holder allows you to use your phone properly without juggling the phone in your hand.
so it is for more comfort then

Xiaomeme unless you really hate the notch

What should i do, Jow Forums ?
I've never bought a smartphone before because I'm paranoid about all the backdoors companies, the gov, and people can take to get in and watch me while i use it. I'm looking for a phone that's either completely secure, or something I can make secure. I've been looking at the galaxy s9 and s8 and have been thinking of getting one but I read somewhere that they may have unchangeable backdoors (something to do with the modems) that eliminate privacy. I'm a techlet so help me out/g/. Does rooting my android fix the problem?.

Attached: .m.m.m.m.png (596x560, 572K)

I'd buy the Pixel if it wasn't for the piss poor battery life

regular Mi9

I'm still using 2G bros, should I do something about it?

But that one is pretty big.

don't the iPhones (XS and XS Max) still have the thinnest chin?

No two ways around it
if you want solid cameras you must give up on battery life. Just do the right thing already, get the P30 pro.

pre-order Librem 5

hey retard
if you own a smartphone you own a botnet which is why you shouldn't give a shit about who you buy from and "locking it down" via pajeet OS or some other bull shit

if you own a smartphone the government can find your whereabouts at any time, anywhere, hack into it no matter the brand or company and it will 100% send your data elsewhere and sell it.

bite the bullet and just get whatever the fuck you want
also
do not buy a samsung phone and root it, you will lose 99% of the features and regret it when you realise you just rooted your phone for no reason whatsoever

>thinnest chin
they have no chin

Attached: contact-support2-1.png (360x320, 139K)

Yes, the closest Android phones have got are the Mi9 and Xperia 10, but lol at the forehead of that one.

euro here, why the fuck does samsung have different models for their cheaper phones in the us?
i can give a example such as Galaxy J3 Prime,Galaxy J3 Aura and galaxy j3 v.

Attached: 1550032004640.png (659x660, 507K)

>neither is the pop socket, considering most people don't have one on their phone
But without the pop socket they're juggling their phone like a retard.
>so it is for more comfort then
No dummy. Comfort would be like a soft leather case that feels good in the hand.
The pop socket enables you to use the phone as they SHOULD have been designed.

because every carrier has their own variant

for what purpose?

Attached: 1547926779236.jpg (244x460, 35K)

oversized phones are retarded
t. Galaxy Note 4 without a nigger socket

>But without the pop socket they're juggling their phone like a retard.
>slightly adjusting grip = juggling like a retard
ok then

>Comfort would be like a soft leather case that feels good in the hand.
No you dummy, if something makes something else less awkward to use, in other words it makes it more comfortable to use.

>The pop socket enables you to use the phone as they SHOULD have been designed
well that's just your opinion, isn't it.

My moto x4 will be here thursday, how can i rice it?

Because instead of the carriers having to compete against each other, they'll just sell you a phone that doesn't work on any other carrier.

can't be rooted

I'm gonna stay in US for 3 days during a trip, and i wanted to buy a phone there. The thing that matters the most for me is the frontal and back camera. I was looking to spend $600 max, and it has to be an unlocked phone. So which phone should i get? I cant order online because i will be just 3 days there, so it has to be available in a physical store. Thats why i was wondering if i should get maybe an iphone 7 or iphone 8.

In my country i can get the pocophone for 500 dollars so thats an option too.

Thanks anons

>No you dummy, if something makes something else less awkward to use, in other words it makes it more comfortable to use.
Now you're playing semantics. A Dr. Scholls insole in your shoe makes it more comfortable, but you don't need the insole in the shoe to have the shoe accomplish the exact same function.
The pop out socket is REQUIRED to use the phone one handed without having to juggle it.

can't you just get a Pocophone from china for $300?

get an iPhone XS in the US and resell it in north korea or wherever crazy place you're from for double

Attached: 1526602747938.jpg (634x953, 407K)

How do I root a ZTE budget phone?

Every time I go into this general, it's as if the IQ of the board drops 20 points. I wonder why.

Because you entered?

>but you don't need the insole in the shoe to have the shoe accomplish the exact same function.
And you don't need a pop socket to accomplish the exact same functions when using a phone one handed. I'll break it down for you:
Shoe without insole: can be used to walk, less comfortable to use
Shoe with insole: can be used to walk, more comfortable to use

Phone without pop socket: can be used to make calls, text, browse etc., less comfortable to use
Phone with pop socket: can be used to make calls, text, browse etc., more comfortable to use

REKT

is the S9 still a good phone for this year? it costs less than half the price of the s10. im looking at the regular model which unfortunately only seems to have 4gb of ram, would that amount be a problem?

which one? search the model number + root + XDA, if you can't find anything it's probably unrootable

I don't understand why it doesn't have hole punch cameras/sensors like the S10

>S9
regular S9 has shit tier battery life, both the SD845 and Exyshit version.

Only three years behind schedule with a prototype costing as much as a Samsung flagship.

Not knowing the difference between a thread and a board is about as witty as I would expect ITT.

Seriously, it's like I'm on /tv/ all of a sudden.

So you arrived here from /tv/. What difference does that make?

>Phone without pop socket: can be used to make calls, text, browse etc., less comfortable to use
It's not about comfort. It's about inconvenience of having to juggle the phone in your hand.
That's why they put reachability and one handed mode into phones you dumb faggot

what absolute garbage, but hey, the third version will probably be pretty cool

i see. aside from that, is it decent spec wise? i dont/cant use my phone till i get off work so the battery draining too fast probably wont affect me as much.

it's decent, cameras and display are good, performance too and it has all the flagship features like water resistance and wireless charging.

inconvenient = not comfortable
inconvenient =/= unusable

Wrong dummy.
That's why the put in One Handed Mode and Reachability. For the CONVENIENCE of not having to shift your hand.
Shifting your hand isn't uncomfortable (it doesn't hurt or strain anything).

I guess you aren't a native speaker.
>uncomfortable:
>causing or feeling unease or awkwardness

>causing or feeling unease or awkwardness
That's SOCIALLY uncomfortable, as in an awkward situation.
We're clearly talking about physical discomfort.
And I said, if these phones were designed properly, they wouldn't need one handed mode, reachability, or pop out sockets.
Of course mindless faggots like you defend anything.

>And I said, if these phones were designed properly, they wouldn't need one handed mode, reachability, or pop out sockets.
we'd need magnifying glass instead
or almost constant scrolling

>EU
>compact
>i would prefer 3.5 jack, but if you can recommend some good bluetooth headphone is fine
>need root
Is MI9 SE my best bet? i can buy it for 360, battery looks ridicouls though

thanks user. im reading that the pie/one ui update brought alot of good changes and even some performance increases too, so thats neat. ill probably pick up the phone later this week

OH NO NO NO NO

Does it matter, you zoomer cretin? Bezels are fine. Get pozzed already

Pixel 3 obviously. Best front camera and one of the best back cameras

Stop trying to justify that iWhore shit

Get the S9+. You'll get more battery and a telephoto lens. Don't expect more than 4-6 hours SoT though.

>imagine

>Stop trying to justify that iWhore shit
???
What iWhore shit is that?
Reachability = iphone
One Hand Mode = Galaxy

well the thing is my carrier has the s9 plus for around $150 more than the regular s9. and i kinda wanted a smaller phone anyway. the extra 2gb of ram is enticing though