Pic related is a graphene battery by Samsung

Pic related is a graphene battery by Samsung.

>45% increase in capacity
>5x charging speed

And this is for 1st generation. When we reach gen 3 graphene batteries we can expect up to 500% capacity increase and nearly instantaneous charging

Why is no one talking about this? And you call yourselves a technology board

Attached: graphene-battery.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.samsung.com/global/samsung-develops-battery-material-with-5x-faster-charging-speed
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It isn't safe so nobody uses it.

>graphmeme
Yeah, we've been talking about it for a decade and it still isn't everywhere. We know it's a fantastic material.

What? It's orders of magnitude safer than lithium-ion batteries

Wake me up when we can produce graphene on an industrial scale

>Our research enables mass synthesis of multifunctional composite material graphene at an affordable price. At the same time, we were able to considerably enhance the capabilities of lithium-ion batteries in an environment where the markets for mobile devices and electric vehicles is growing rapidly.

news.samsung.com/global/samsung-develops-battery-material-with-5x-faster-charging-speed

The researchers say that they'll be able to mass produce it, and they filed for applications or some shit. Doesn't look like a happening quite yet.

Attached: 1555107098071.jpg (350x454, 40K)

>we can expect up to 500% capacity increase and nearly instantaneous charging
Something something [citation needed]

more interested in plastic dielectrics in lithium metal batteries

Until there's a factory pumping out usable cells this doesn't really mean anything.

Even then they would have to be cheap enough to go into a flagship phone, and have a means to become cheap enough to go into midrange stuff.

Plus you'd probably have to redesign the power delivery system of most phones to account for different voltage ranges.

What's a graphene battery's nominal discharge voltage anyway?

You can literally cut it in half without any danger to you or your surroundings and the half battery will still work. But to demonstrate how much safer lipo is please cut in half a nice big charged lipo battery on stream so I can laugh about your face getting disfigured.

>Until there's a factory pumping out usable cells this doesn't really mean anything
This, prototypes mean jack and shit until I can buy a device utilizing it
See: galaxy F/fold an expensive product the prototype of which has existed for years as flexible oled panels

Why is the message written twice in French?

>consumers
Nothing wrong with keeping up with trends. You're the type of person who would buy a new TV/phone today instead of waiting for AV1 hardware acceleration.

?

my point is it's worth keeping up with such technology because they may or may not be used in future. When everyone will get patents for it and try to sell you their versions of it you would make a more educated guess of the quality of whatever you're buying. In this case graphene batteries.

>graphene
That shit was hot in 2012. Did it really take 7 years to come up with an actual product?

You should be glad it only took 7.

>X has discovered a new way to make batteries that last Y as long and charge Z as fast!
We hear this same stupid fucking headline literally EVERY year, I'll believe it when I fucking see it.

Yes, and my point is that while people keep up with this stuff no one is really talking because there haven't been any significant advances, specially in the consumer front

see

Then you're in luck because it's going out into production soon?

Attached: Dog-Puzzled.jpg (350x350, 20K)

Sure it is

Kek'd in my flying car

>people haven't figured out how to produce graphene outside the lab
>going into production soon

Attached: 1551533692234.jpg (2196x1230, 213K)

lmfao, excellent memer