Le ping pong open office concept XD

> YEAH! We should definitely get that ping-pong table for the office!

why normies do this?

Attached: Ping_Pong_Office.jpg (319x206, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

workfront.com/blog/what-science-says-about-open-offices
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Office culture in the tech world had been very trend driven since the dotcom era when everyone wanted to work at a hip startup where everyone has a standing desk or sits on a fucking inflatable exercise ball and there's a paid hour off every afternoon for NERF gun tag with snacks included

Because ping pong is fun

This, the fucj are you on, OP?

I work at a tech company that thankfully isn't full meme but I can tell the young developers would do something like this if the boomers didn't keep them in line, not that I care much, I'm rarely in the office. Open offices aren't terrible however white noise is an absolute necessity. I can't get over how many companies get this wrong.

standing desks are not a meme, you will thank yourself for using one if you're sitting down 8 hours a day.

Please don't tell me you are fucking afraid of playing ping pong?

standing desks fuck ur spine up senpai.
the healthiest would be a combo of both, since we've evolved this way. (pick berries/hunt while standing up, chill with your prehistoric homies/eat/cook while in a resting position )

Why not? It's literally just a small table with a net

oh yeah, I meant a desk you can adjust. When I had one I would raise and lower it whenever I felt like it.

Open office is an instant disqualifier for any job offer or job opening alike.
You can't pay me enough to put up with that shit again. Give me my own office or fuck off with your hip cool "FrIeNdLy OfFiCe StArTuP cUlTuRe".

>why are manchildren attracted to childlike things?

Attached: image.jpg (474x522, 61K)

calm down, nobody is paying you to bring your stinky fat ass anywhere

Shit cope. You enjoy your open office plan you absolute cuck.

Because humans have decided that they don't want their daily mandatory 8 hour waste of time to feel like prison, even though it essentially still is but with some fluff. It's a non-issue

Infantilization of man and culture -- it's all part of the creation of the new world order, the bugcolony.

Imagine being this triggered by people playing sports

The natural resting position of man is not sitting, it's squatting.

It's a pretty lame sport dude.

>people playing sports
>sports
>ping pong
And apparently ping pong can only exist in an open office setting who knew?
I am not triggered by people playing sport, I don't give a shit what people do. I am abhorred by open offices and people that like them.

But anime faggots play it everytime...

>The natural resting position of man is not sitting, it's squatting.
slav pls go

>I am abhorred by open offices and people that like them.
those are for people who shower regularly, I don't think you'd understand

Attached: 1523820427780.png (474x530, 223K)

It's unironically to distract employees from asking for actual benefits/raises, and you don't want to ask anything of your totally chill boss who's your friend bro anyway

And don't even think about talking about unionising that is bad and communism!

At least they didn't restrict it to full time employees only because of workplace accident liability. Theres like 4 people in my office who are even eligible to play and they dont

>implying
At some point nobody gives a fuck anymore. Remember startups don't have an HR department.

>those are for people who shower regularly, I don't think you'd understand

Attached: Bgln1Yc.jpg (1080x1350, 133K)

It bitter incels

Pathetic.

>4channer asks stupid fucking questions in an effort to try to fit in
why do you normies do this? you're not a normie

>Ask for more remote hours
>But why bro, we are totally bros here and you always have snacks and ping pong here.

>white noise is an absolute necessity
This so much it's so awkward working when everything is in complete silence.

That's what AC is for.

Holy shit I can actually smell the people here getting triggered over a fucking ping pong table

Can you stop samefagging you sad excuse for a corporate shill?

tone down your memespeak, newfag.

Are you just samefagging as soon as the post timer is up?

that’s beyond retarded. what a waste of money and space

I don't understand how someone can be that assblasted just because people recognise open office spaces as the bullshit they are.

I have posted a grand total of two times in this thread, both of my posts are completely unrelated to each other.

at least is better than a fucking "nintendo play room"

Sure you have kiddo. Sure thing.

Open offices are the cancer of the IT industry. I've to wear noise canceling headphones so I don't get fucking distracted by people coughing and fucking talking. How is this a good working environment? 4 sits offices are the masterrace.

>buddy gets hired working as a backend dev for a shipping and logistics company
>buddy is a guy who likes to work and just get shit done, not anti-social, just gets his objective and goes to work
>Constantly pressured into going to do stupid shit like sitting outside to use inefficient laptops for their project
>constant offers to go to extended lunches even though they have a deadline on a project
>vast amount of the work usually falls on his shoulders
>He's been depressed about it and claims he wants to tell upper crust management but doesn't want to get people fired
>Shit eventually comes to a head when they miss a project due to all the other people fucking off to play ping pong, or pinball in the cafe
>Management comes down on them like a ton of bricks
>Check all the contribution logs and see me friend's name all over them and less than 2 from all the others
>Upper crust bounces the dead weight, promotes my buddy
>Rest of the office treats him like shit now
Office culture isn't for man children and children in general. There's nothing wrong with catching a drink with co-workers after a long week, or eating lunch together. But all this games in the office culture is cancer and should be treated as such.

Attached: 0ae49ce59819dfd1944eb5488eec9f37.jpg (500x478, 26K)

>open office

One of the absolute worst ways to have an office organized. There've been many studies showing that such arrangements cause lower productivity and much higher stress levels when compared to closed off and hidden away desks where workers can completely zone out everything except for the work at hand.

>he wants to tell upper crust management but doesn't want to get people fired
Sadly the only person fired here would be him for "nOt BeInG a TeAmPlAyEr", at least in the companies I worked at.
"Office culture" in and of itself is cancer imo. I don't want to be friends with everyone in my office. I want to get shit done. Personally I try to separate work from my private life as much as possible to make sure my mental health doesn't degrade again because I know what your friend went through. Office culture is cancer.

I can't post two images at once so here's this.

Attached: Untitled.png (634x965, 44K)

There are "studies" about diversity improving productivity or some shit, why are you bring studies now as if they mean something

>studies are only relevant when they support my viewpoint

Attached: 1550520683242.jpg (500x280, 34K)

>Scientific studies don't matter cause there are "studies" by some retards about muh diversity
Kill yourself you glow in the dark nigger.

Attached: Cope.jpg (390x499, 79K)

Imagine being this triggered

workfront.com/blog/what-science-says-about-open-offices

To start, a review of over 300 papers from 67 journals found that open office layouts “were found to be highly significant in affecting occupant productivity.” It added that “sound and acoustic strategies should be given high priority in office design to achieve a high degree of occupant productivity.” In a similar vein, another review of more than 100 studies on open offices found that the layout consistently led to lower rates of concentration and focus, and a third paper, which analyzed more than 50 surveys on open offices, found consistent complaints about noise and interruptions.

To get more specific, research from the University of California at Irvine found that “employees in cubicles receive 29% more interruptions than those in private offices.” It added that those who were frequently interrupted “report 9% higher rates of exhaustion.” Another survey of 38,000 knowledge workers “found that one of the biggest losses of productive time during the day stemmed from interruptions by colleagues.”

Likewise, research from Edward Brown, co-founder of the Cohen Brown Management Group, shows that “office workers at all levels lose three to five hours of productive time every day due to unwanted, unneeded, and unproductive interruptions.” Brown found that 93% of workers say they’re “often interrupted” at work. He adds that “68% of those interruptions coming from inside the organization” and says that “face-to-face interruptions account for one-third more interruptions than e-mail or phone calls.”

Similar results can be tracked over time when companies decide to switch from a private office to an open one. For instance, researchers at Lund University interviewed employees both before and a year after such a move, and they found that “employees' perception of health, work environment and performance decreased during a 12 month period following relocation.”

>continued on the link above

Well you didn't make the case why whatever studies you are talking about are worth looking so I call bullshit. I love science but "this is right because SCIENCE tells it's true" is fucking garbage argument, man

This.

You fucking what? You do know that not all studies are created equal right? You do know what the scientific method is right?
Also look at

Back when I thought I had to be a wagie, I at least wouldn't accept jobs at places with open offices or even cubicles. I ended up working in locations where I was in a room with a closed door by myself or as a tech going from building to building. Being able to roam through open offices fixing shit isn't nearly as bad as being trapped there dealing with those losers every damn day.

*shoves chart up your ass*

Attached: graph-What-science-says-about-open-offices-20634377.jpg (2000x1100, 362K)

>Al horr, Y, Arif, M, Kaushik, AK, Mazroei, A, Katafygiotou, M and Elsarrag, E
Alrighty then

True. An environment that encourages such time wasting COULD work, if company management wasn't ultimately concerned with being a hypercapitalist money machine. But that doesn't exist, and so work needs to get done.

>muh jews/kikes/niggers/whatever
What a great argument! An open office space is absolutely the white mans workspace™

Attached: oh boy here we go again.png (408x818, 152K)

Why did they steal the logo from Brave

Attached: brave.png (770x578, 82K)

Gee I don't fucking know user why user, you got us there.

>white nosie
If you mean popular music you can fuck right off

If you started to question something, might as well question everything. No sacred cows, that's my motto. If more people were like me, bullshit like Schön's experiments wouldn't last for so long .

Other way around, bucko

why would white noise mean popular music?

Scroll down to the bottom where the citations for all those studies and papers they went through. Here's the list. You are welcome to go through them yourself and peer review it. Then tear them down on the science forums.

Attached: Citations.png (2196x3004, 1.35M)

Like black noise is any better.

Don't worry, I'll do it. But you'll just believe it's true until that, right? :^)

God I want to bealive this is true. But more likely it would be >you are not a team player, fuck off.
Open office is from consultant culture and the boss’s mind. What you have to understand is the boss just does email (that is why CEOs use macs over PCs) so sometimes they get in their head a social environment is good for all work becuase that is their work,
All the tech industry benefits shit is designed to keep you at work longer btw. Which is retarded anyways, nobody does their best work in hour 12.

Do what they did, review all the data, find the correlations, publish the results. Spread it around social/blog sites.

By white noise I mean people talking, footsteps, etc etc.

>standing desks
Forced standing desks?

Attached: 1552755189169.jpg (692x767, 116K)

>people talking, footsteps, etc etc
That's absolutely horrible. I though you meant actual white noise to drown that shit out.

>LET'S BUY FOUR PINBALL TABLES
>YEAH, AND LETS PUT THEM IN THE LOBBY RIGHT NEXT TO THE DEVELOPER'S OFFICE
>*CLANG CLANG BWOOP BONG CLANG CLANG BONG BONG CLANG MULTI BALL CLANG*

Attached: 1554157169797.jpg (1440x1299, 100K)

It's like Chinese water torture just worse.

>but they are fun
kys

Attached: playground-shot-forest-green-nuplay_1.jpg (1000x750, 268K)

>games at work

grow up

Attached: Tread On Me.jpg (640x427, 31K)

Look how happy this wagie is
whatever keeps you distracted from the realities of your life!

The only thing I wanted was a respected job...

This is what a real workplace looks like

Attached: wagiecagie.jpg (1024x819, 140K)

Only if you have to travel around in the robot zone of the warehouse.

Attached: Amazon Warehouse Robots.webm (480x268, 2.81M)

I know a guy who used to work for Oracle.
He literally played ping-pong 7 hours a day then went home early.

based. on the other hand, no wonder why their products are absolute ass minus a few that they sell for exorbitant prices

Capitalism, ho!

I’d rather kill myself than try to program that

because many programmers can work from home and its insensitive to get them in the office

open office is fine for just developers if you have some privacy for your screen, if it's a big enough space and there are private work areas available I honestly prefer it because it's easier to look over and see if people are busy. in my company though I work on a floor that has various roles and somebody thought it was a good idea to make me sit next to some boomer pajeet screaming about random IT shit on their headset all the time while the ops guys are on the other side constantly talking about how to put out some fire.

a study isnt necessarily scientific
You do anything and call it a study, doesn't mean it was peer reviewed or done properly though

I take you've never worked standing up, when I worked at Burger King I had a 10 hour shift and nowhere to sit. Squatting stretches your back and leg muscles and remedies the aches of working for too long in a bad posture.

>pick strawberries
>write a few lines of [insert meme language here]
>drag thicc qt secretary to your cave for some surprise romance
>install Gentoo on coworkers fagbook pro
>spend your break at the zoo giraffe hunting
>return to your desk and debug (code and scalp)

classic or penhold bros?

ping pong isnt a sport retart