There is absolutely

There is absolutely
not
a
single
reason
to use windows anymore

Attached: extreme tux racer.webm (604x340, 1.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbWe-qHEOfc
lutris.net/games/warframe/
youtube.com/watch?v=04vt3XzpCr0
microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ten year old game
show me a fully fledged media editing suite to rival sony vegas or whatever's hottest right now

Now do the same with photoshop

>loonix can finally play a dead game from 2009
yikes

You make this same thread everyday OP

Play Urban Terror.

Attached: 0001.png (100x81, 10K)

Try running gta 5, fallout 4, the witcher 3, resident evil 2, ac origins and odyssey, far cry 5 and just cause 4 on that pc please

Good Lord. As if gaymen was ever an excuse to use anything other than a playstation. Fuck windows.

*Compatiblity with my peers
*Microsoft Office
*Adobe suite
*Some games not natively on Linux (although I rarely play anymore)
And I have all my developing needs covered by WSL.

Found the retard making shitty kid videos and wrecking the internet.

Wine or Proton run some Windows games better than Windows.

FOSS office programs can use Microsoft file formats - certainly old ones, anyway.

Fuck Adobe.

If you install with lutris you can probs play any of those. I can run overwatch perfecty

Can I run Visual Studio on linux?
No, this is the main reason why I keep using Windows I need VS 2017 to program in VB.net or C#.net

>Muuuh VS Code
Dude I need the Windows Forms package to program and no I'm not a fucking pajeet

Attached: 1554023309654.jpg (1440x810, 206K)

>Can I run Visual Studio on linux?
youtube.com/watch?v=QbWe-qHEOfc

This is not what I want

Attached: 155245120784.jpg (422x544, 23K)

based anime weeb not wanting shit

He means Visual Studio Community, not Code. The .NET framework doesn't work on linux, which is why I still have windows installed as well(and for 1 game). I learned C# instead of Java or something more linux friendly and quite frankly C# is all about .NET WF/WPF etc

Can I run pirated games on linux?

Davinci Resolve, Lightworks

Blender, Kdenlive for more general purpose stuff

>gta5
>witcher 3
>resident evil
Runs

>ac origins
>far cry 5
may or may not run due to uplay fuckery

Just use .NET Core if you wanna use your garbage Micro$hit language, it has a few GUI framework bindings so you don't need winforms anyway. Why the fuck would you want to use a proprietary GUI toolkit?

Attached: 1409524634717.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

>Fuck Adobe
Yeah, that's the thing. I can't afford to go "Fuck Adobe".

cope

>Why the fuck would you want to use a proprietary GUI toolkit?
because it just works, I'm finishing this project for personal use and I'm going to C or Java

Why do these spam threads have like the most god awful ugly window manager setups? All you and that other retard with the cookie cutter half-assed Win9x rice do with these threads is remind me why I'm going to keep using 7 until I'm dead.

what about applications only made for windows (uncompatible with wine ofc nigger)?

checkm8 fag

"I'm ignorant of them so they don't matter"

Because it gives me money instead of learning a meme language program that only matter for Jow Forums

Attached: 155165695056.gif (480x300, 785K)

Hey, I can't afford to leave my wife, but I still fuck her.

Fuck Adobe.

Does it run better than with Windows? Legit question

windows is better for programmers, because you can run every linux native tool on it, it has a unified api and you aren't stuck with shitty gdb
not to mention 95% of your users only care about windows.

l4d2 has worked in linux for 6 years already.

Well this
I only like linux for the personalization of the system

Attached: 1550916701096.jpg (900x600, 38K)

I like playing other games. Props if you don't need or want to.

Runs pretty much the same

This is wrong, the unix toolbox that ships on Linux distros is fully integrated for programming. Windows forces you to user restrictive cancer toolchains like VS. And by users you must mean gamers and/or pajeetware tech illiterates.

Can you play Warframe on Linux yet, that's literally the only game I play.

Attached: fdgtdhbfgvbfcg.gif (500x550, 291K)

erotic game

I don't even play games and I use Windows because Linux is a massive pile of shit.

Linux as a main OS was depricated with Linux Subsystem for Windows.

MR 25 founder here.

Wine staging on lutris

lutris.net/games/warframe/

Theirs a bit of setting up to do and reviews are half and half, either its working flawlessly or everything is broken

Attached: ComfyVom.jpg (1000x662, 123K)

Used to play GTA Online until it stopped working, single player still runs though but I wanted Online.

>consoles

Attached: 1518503841919.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

GIMP does what photoshopdon't

>Windows forces you to user restrictive cancer toolchains like VS
they've eliminated the need to download visual studio since 2015.

Altium and Solidworks

Adobe CC
But other than that I agree

MS Office is the big reason I still have a Windows partition on my laptop.

WPS Office is very close to making me switch to Linux full time tough. Too bad it is still somewhat buggy.

We should stop using windows to play games because one of Valve's games from a decade ago works well on Valve's compatibility tool?
Wow, I'm completely convinced

Attached: 1549388966023.jpg (466x575, 64K)

Have you tried a VM with Office and shared folders? It works for me.

Isn't it laggy as hell?

Only with HDD, but is not an issue on SSD's.

There's no decent DAWs

Okay, now what?

Attached: 2019-04-16_06-55-48.png (1488x836, 55K)

im installing linux as an alternative os/mobile os for this upteenth time. this time Kubuntu. wish me luck

Attached: printscreen4162019.png (1600x900, 303K)

Is that running on wine? bet it's buggy as fuck

*yaws*
Wake me up when you can run ALL the games with zero hassle/setup~

Attached: 1407053451669.gif (370x335, 593K)

Man the fuck up and install arch, faggot.

Werks for me™

>not going with manjaro kde
What the fuck were you thinking?

Yes there is.

youtube.com/watch?v=04vt3XzpCr0

well im here.. what do i do now

Attached: Screenshot_20190416_051025.png (1600x900, 142K)

Shut the fuck up, NEET.

Attached: shutTheFuckUpNEET.png (998x658, 456K)

Most people just run O265 in the browser now.

t. recently NEET

That's 100 less than optimal.

download and install manjaro kde

ok.. Kubuntu was annoying anyway

Attached: screenshot2.png (1600x900, 133K)

Attached: 1553016572136.png (532x582, 514K)

Art students OUT!

now what..

Attached: screen.png (1600x900, 322K)

>manjaro

Stop installing operating systems and use Windows to get work done. If there's no work for you to do, turn off your computer.

What do you normally do on wangblows?

Install it homie

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

stfu
eh its fun... I mean why not?
I usually do music production, office/data input, and make little websites and such.
thinking about it
already have it.

also, if i install anything will it save on my usb? or will it be a clean copy of manjaro kde every time i boot into it??

If you keep booting off of the USB it will be a clean copy every time. You can install stuff but once you reboot they're gone.

>manjaro

thanks

whats wrong with manjaro?

Don't use libreoffice as a reason to shill for Linux its fucking awful desu I went back to gdocs because its such a buggy mess

"Tux Racer" meme starting to get to your head?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

install arch

Only retarded basedboys use Windows.

Like not draw lines or circles. Photoshop can't not do that. Even MSPaint can't not do that. Real failure of elegant simplicity right there.

I'm legitimately considering a move to linux if it's possible to use photoshop. Was it difficult to set up? Do pirated copies work on wine?

Same, I don't really play anything else for some reason.

Comfy thread it comfy. I'm a founder too. What distro are you using?

> Visual Studio for legacy apps at my work
> Office for documentation compatibility
> Reaper and Windows vst for fun

I need to work /b/, I need money and fun

>I NEED photoshop before I can switch to Linux, Gimp isn't good enough for my needs
>Oh btw I pirate it because I don't actually use it for work or anything
kys

>not spending 4 hours to code a python circle making script
so you're retarded, huh

windows is for installing firmware updates

ableton and various vst software

>1.4 gb of buggy
other suggestion?

linux is already some niche desktop operative system, then going out of your way from fedora and debian to go even more nichier is stupid.
Manjaro maintainers are some literally whos, is not trivial to maintain a distro so you shouldn't trust anyone retard

>whats wrong with manjaro?

Attached: NoobuntuIsBloated.png (383x400, 23K)

that's something someone who hasn't used linux would say

not user you replied to but yeah gimp is garbage even when not compared to ps