Does this country still makes the best electronics in all categories or is this just a meme perpetuated by weeaboos?

Does this country still makes the best electronics in all categories or is this just a meme perpetuated by weeaboos?

Attached: index.jpg (310x162, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liliputing.com/2017/10/fujitsu-launches-a-1-6-pound-laptop-with-8th-gen-intel-core-cpu.html
futurism.com/images/tokyo-2020-olympics-future
youtube.com/watch?v=vfibyk0NGss
forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/04/16/the-american-company-that-samsung-relies-on-for-success/#4b2eaa382718
forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/03/07/why-is-samsung-such-an-innovative-company/#76aec5692ad7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, Sony is failing on smartphone market.

"say hello to all my japanese viewers, All the best stuff is made in Japan " EEVBLOG

A lot of good shit comes out of there, but there's really no "undisputed superpower" like there was 20 or so years ago. Weebs definitely try to inflate their ebin-ness.
Sony makes a lot of good A/V shit, all the way up to the professional market, but their phones have never been terribly distinguished.

The new King is Korea. They are the most innovative little fuckers out there. 5G, OLED etc. What has Japan produced in recent years? Sure they make nice products but it's all overhyped stuff that sells because they ride along on the succes of their former glory days.

*Notices Anata's Superioru Nippon Engineeruingu* OwO Wuts dis?

Hell no, Pearl River Delta in China is where the tech happenings have been for a good while. But it's good that Japan producs electronics so weeb bugmen can affirm their identity by buying grorious Japanese electronics (made in China).

t. ex-weeb who only bought japanese brands

Meme. Japan still uses fax machines.

why can't koreans make cameras???

Enjoy your Takata's killer airbags.

Show me a 13.3" laptop with i7 cpu under 900 grams that *isn't* from Japan
I'll wait
liliputing.com/2017/10/fujitsu-launches-a-1-6-pound-laptop-with-8th-gen-intel-core-cpu.html

they do, but your options are pretty limited these days. tech from china, korea and taiwan are more popular since they're cheaper, but the stuff japan designs is almost always better. quality costs. the products designed in china are made with developing countries in mind. they don't follow the same standards as first world costumers would expect. i doubt the quality of chink and gook tech will ever improve either, those sneaky chinks lack the integrity and insane work ethic the nips have.
but if you want an exploding washing machine from samsung, go ahead.

Attached: image.jpg (500x537, 41K)

Made in Japan musical gear makes me happy. I play a 1980s Japanese Fender bass amp.

>5G, OLED
Haven't both of those faced massive criticism because they suck so much ass

Yes
Cameras = check
Video games = check
Headphones = check

meme
America and korea are the most advanced.

They don't really make electronics anymore, at least not at the scale of the 80s and 90s

The ThinkPad was designed in Japan and so was that Casio watch, both of which are praised by Jow Forums

8k, and other olympics inspired tech pushes.
futurism.com/images/tokyo-2020-olympics-future

Japan is still king in imaging (consumer, pro, medical across the board) and printing.
Thats about it though, most everything else done better by either the Chinese or Koreans at this point.

THIS, them gooks sure know how to into technology. Japanese chink knock offs are a fucking meme. The BEST technology these island monkeys have been able to come up with is steal the chink emojis and incorporate them into their own retarded mountain babble.

日本人はペニスを吸うのが大好き

Attached: 1518627088576.jpg (674x670, 77K)

Nowadays they only focus on what they do best like ultra precision, science and industries electronics.
Also reminder that Japan is the only country in Asia have many active researches going on in astronomy.
They are among few countries that make many competent launch vehicles and helps many countries in the world to launch their payloads.
Chinese and Korean under influences from Song dynasty confucianism, are extremely good at copying others, but extremely lacks of creativity.
You might say that they are grow big and fast in manufacturing and consumer electronics in the recent years, but think about it did they truly invent or innovate anything worthwhile.

I dont think Korea and China are going to make any reliable X-ray equipments, electron microscope, mass spectrometer, launch vehicles, etc anytime soon. They just can't do it they dont have creativity and not really interested in improving humanity.
Korea and China will become incredible at being nosy and invading people privacy though, just like their western friends.

No. As always, it's Germany and Switzerland. USA and Japan haven't made high quality products since the 90s. Go with Germany or Switzerland for high end, China for poverty choices. This is the most reasonable way of doing things.

>thermal throttling: the laptop

they maybe did in 90's / early 00's but now South Korea (read: Samsung) took the crown

Common usage != what they pump out

Japan has a very dormant culture that's resistant to change, if it works, it works is the mindset. That doesn't mean they don't innovative, they just don't use their innovations if they don't have to.

They make the best quality electronics, but they are expensive because of such. Chinese/SKoreans have cheap shit and fashionable shits, but they are junk electronics. For cheap, buy chink/skoreans. If you want quality/long lasting go Japanese.

Those defectives were made by Mexican subsidiary of Takata. Not Japanese proper but rather a

Most western businesses still use fax machines
Fucking boomers print out entire contracts, sign a single page, scan the entire contract back in, and email it to the other person so they can do the same

maybe when all of the boomers in japan retire they can unfuck the economy

How about invaders gtfo of Japan and let them do whatever they want?
It worth to mention that Japan staggering is thanks to the Invaders (world police) efforts to limit its capability and favor its competitor.

For good reasons. Fax machines are one of the best things to still continue in existence. It combines the email aspect with the printing aspect with the letter aspect.

they're good but they often come late to the game. If you want something long-lasting then go japanese, but be prepared to see chinese and korean applications of the same technologies before them. consider also the pace at which tech moves - chinese are korean devices break, while japanese tech lasts long enough to become obsolete.

The country is barely starting to embrace digital goods over physical. Which is a little odd considering in a place like Japan physical space is a luxury.

Oh god, they took another life!

Is correct?

what the fuck is a digital good hahaha like its not even real like nigga you cant even trade it back haha

To a degree yes. In advanced heavy industries, for lack of a better term, japan is still the undisputed best - chinese high speed rail uses japanese rolling stock, for instance. On the other hand, china and korea have made significant inroads towards this sector as well - as of late, we see korean cars approaching their japanese counterparts in terms of quality and a chinese space program which launches (albeit faulty) landers onto the moon.

Overall when measuring japan against its asian counterparts it is important to note that many of the criticisms levied against china and korea were applied to japan as well at some point in its industrialization. Consider the era from the 1930s to the 70s, in which japan went from "low quality knockoffs" to "ok quality knockoffs, but made by a nation without creativity or regard for improving the human race". It's unlikely that china or korea will truly catch up to the japanese cutting edge for at least the next 20-30 years, but it's not unforeseeable that it will come one day.

>makes fun of Japan, when his own country still uses imperial units

every american business still uses fax

except the chinese killed off the least insect-like of their population during the Great Leap Forward and then got bootstrapped by the soviets

korea? yeah. china? no.

wheres your empire faggot

There's literally nothing wrong with faxing
>b-but it's old

sounds like a retarded idea based in fantasy *dab*

Because most of Koreans don't like their fucked up pre-plastic surgery to be shown on high quality

*pre plastic surgery faces

>seething

Attached: 1541015766358.jpg (634x634, 123K)

Attached: 1481826637149.jpg (210x250, 7K)

Nippon only make cameras nowadays.

>Does this country still makes the best electronics in all categories
Yeah like twenty years ago.

>Consider the era from the 1930s to the 70s, in which japan went from "low quality knockoffs" to "ok quality knockoffs, but made by a nation without creativity or regard for improving the human race".

Source on this knockoffs and low quality.
I don't think there is any problem with your reasoning, it is OK.

But considering the knock offs and low quality to high quality from 30s to 70s taking a real long time is actually underwhelm Japan actual developments.
In fact the competition with western technology, starts with shipping industry starts as early as the beginning of Meiji Era.
The flash point of competation between Japan and the West could be the opposition to western power (US+UK) monopoly Asia trading route starts by Iwasaki (Mitsubishi) in 1870s.

By 1930s Japanese already became very sucessful and bring fears into many western power make them regret ever come to Japan at all, you can easily see this kind of narrative in books such as Samurai huit Cylindres of Maurice Dekobra (1936).

If you buy the higher end stuff that's actually manufactured in Japan, it's better than the garbage made in China and probably better than the stuff made in Korea. However, due to low IQ consumers, there's tremendous pressure to churn out the lowest cost product possible so unless you're buying the near professional grade stuff, the quality just isn't what it used to be in the 1980s and 1990s.

Japan already beats the West in technology ways before 1970s.
Johannes Hirschmeier, The Origin* of Entrepreneurship in Meiji Japan (Cambridge,
Mass., 1964), 222
noted that:
>"For business ventures Japan needs the spirit of samurai who are ready to sacrifice their lives for the country. In competition with foreigners only such a spirit can be successful; that is, a man must think not only of his private good but also of the benefit to the country."

There is no country in Asia at this moment have the same spirit as Japan from 1870s to 1980s.
China and Korea ideology are ways too different so it will take a very long time for them to have the same success. But there is a chance, giving how Japanese have became way less competitive as they used to be.
But if they can some how make Reiwa Restoration happens (like 10% possible), then there it will be very hard for Korea and China to keep up.

>USA and Japan haven't made high quality products since the 90s
With regard to the USA, you have to know what to buy. There are certain American made products that are truly world class in quality and durability. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff made here is utterly half-assed and just itching to be offshored to Mexico or China.

When you need quality, you have the Japanese manufacture it. When a tsunami destroyed the factory of our Japanese ASIC supplier, my former employer had to downgrade to German quality for a while

It wasn't a manufacturing problem; it was a design problem. The compound Takata used for their airbags was known to exhibit bad characteristics when exposed to humidity. Design decisions are not made in Mexico, which is a country made up of brainlets too stupid to entrust with those kinds of decisions.

The design was done either in Japan or the U.S. Meanwhile, testing done in the U.S. was doctored.

It seems decades of zombie companies in Japan along with price competition from Korea and Japan has caused all sorts of corners to be cut. Some of the blowups in the past ten years include the Fukushima nuclear reactor, Olympus, Takata, and, recently, Nissan.

>thinking units of measure is technology
So long as the units of measurement are consistent, it doesn't really matter all that much when it comes to high end design and manufacturing.

If you're looking for actual professional-grade shit; CNC machines, other industrial components, professional camera bodies and lenses, image sensors, caps, etc., then yeah, Japan makes good shit. Their consumer stuff (aside from cameras, but most consumer Japanese-brand cameras are made in China, Thailand, flipland, etc. now) is a mixed bag though, often mediocre and almost always behind the curve in terms of design and features.

Japan tends to make quality products but it generally comes at a premium cost. They are all about quality and convenience. How advanced the technology is tends to be relative, since the consumer market has guided technology research for decades now. A lot of Japan being an electronics capital came from the 80s when a lot of Japanese companies became the go to manufacturers for most consumer electronics and media. As a matter of fact the remnants of that market trend can be seen with all the mom and pop electronic parts outlets that can be found littered throughout Tokyo.

Attached: 1542122388794.gif (255x480, 2.53M)

It's still makes the highest quality products in any kind of category

maybe not in all categories but in most of them

but nearly everything samsung makes is shit

Which is sad, I enjoy my xz2 compact.

Don't you insects have a tank to get run over by?

The most apparent example for how Japanese technology was perceived would probably be the automotive industry, which until 70s made designs that were very derivative of earlier American cars with poorer performance to boot. The same could be said for early Japanese consumer electronics of the same era.

As for the 1930s, maybe Japanese locomotives. Nothing at the cutting edge, and quite inferior to british designs. A technological gap between japan and the US would become quite apparent during the second world war, where the Americans gained an upper hand with more advanced radar systems and by cracking the Japanese code, as well as the Twin Wasp fighters showing better ICE technology.

I agree with the notion that Japan has been a very important player in the world stage since the Meiji era. However, it must also be noted that made in japan consumer goods wasn't common until around the 1980s. That's not to say that Japan was in the technological dark ages - they had since the turn of the 20th century a world-class navy and in the 60s the Shinkansen. But it's been a constant uphill struggle until about 1990, before which japan was not exactly the world leader it is today.

Doc Brown goes Sasuga when talking about a blown shitty Japanese fuse when Marty rebukes him saying that Japan makes the best stuff showing how quickly perception changed at that time.

>OLED
>Korea
Nigga what? Since when OLED invented by korean?
Also did you know that CANON is the only one produce machine to make OLED display.

They over design stuff. Compare taking apart any laptop to taking apart any Japanese laptop, even any of the buisness class or "military certified" ones. It's hell. Even the ticket machines in Tokyo subway seem to be made of nightmares just to make them turn the ticket on the output into a specific direction.

The main problem Sony has is they don't have the flood factor their Korean or Chinese rivals have. The constant churn of models in all price ranges, not to mention locked in local markets - competition even in Japan is far more fierce.

The phones Sony has are fairly decent, if conservative design-wise, to be honest it's surprising Jow Forums don't like them more since none of them have meme notches.

I think Japanese brands are still good on the high end, it kind of helps most of them have abandoned the lower end. Although to me it's surprising they've not resurrected their low end brands - back in the 90s brands for example like Aiwa were actually subsidiaries of Sony or Panasonic. And Japan still does certain things really well, like Cameras or AV.

Japan also has a really strong local/regional market that a lot of stuff doesn't really leave for various reasons - maybe they say no to all those hedge funds other companies are so willing to sell out to. corporate wise they are getting better, older management is dying or retiring and handing off to more... nimble management.

Every phone has a Sony camera. The reason Sony is less relevant is because Samsung was shilled constantly (TVs and Smartphones) and because they don't have sub-250$ phones.
Japan still does make good electronics, much better than China and America.

>cameras
>videogame consoles
Not at the top of anything else anymore.

Imperial units in the US are only for casual use, the scientific fields, construction, engineering, comerce, etc use the international system.

Is there any other japanese brand of smartphones besides sony?

Samsung spent more on marketing than any other company iirc, and it's not just film/tv they literally bribed employees in electronics and phone stores to shill their stuff, and run shitty things like the more samsung products an employee sells they get a chance to win a high end TV or Phone, or just as straight up rewards.

The employees in shops literally have an incentive to sell you Samsung products.

Xiaomi

Nothing easily obtainable outside of Japan.

>Japanese smartphones
Pieces of shit, look at this garbage. 4 gb ram, no jack and batterylife. Camera is from an older model too and theres only one

It 499 and still doesnt sell

Attached: 145472-phones-review-review-sony-xperia-xz3-initial-review-image1-g5cb6rswq9.jpg (1200x800, 111K)

but it doesn't lag, crash and melt your hands like samshit. it also doesn't cost a kidney and you can use it for many years because it just works flawlessly.

>only one camera
but muh meme 999 cameras for shitty quality selfies

Attached: 2bg8a5.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

>it doesnt crash or melt
lol
>it doesnt cost a kidney
499 when others are 300
>muh meme
its shitty one too

did i trigger yet another samshit user? you guys are worse than itoddlers

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

sad cuz i only recently got my first sony smartphone and i absolutely love it and if i had to buy another one i'd def go sony. they also provide tools for building your android (though i must admit i haven't tried them but i will eventually) unlike other companies.
>The phones Sony has are fairly decent, if conservative design-wise
this is one of the reasons why i like em
>Every phone has a Sony camera
this is another. their cameras are god tier

i know that feel

it's probably severely underclocked.

yep, germans make good stuff but their premium stuff is indeed over-engineered.

>499 when others are 300
you get more for what you pay when you go sony. what i've noticed with normalfags is that they buy a smartphone every single fucking year. well, i don't really get why they do that but when i buy a phone i want it to last and sony phones do exactly that. hell, my sis samsung started throttling out of nowhere and i installed custom lineage on sony xperia e5149 i had lying around and it still works fine. granted, some apps that hog ram like crazy throttle the thing but it will do for now.

it's not hard to cool a newer laptop cpu

> when i buy a phone i want it to last and sony phones do exactly that
> phone heats up, glass falls out
youtube.com/watch?v=vfibyk0NGss
Yes, very durable, thank you very much. Not to mention the screen lottery and heat problems in the past (with the whole 810 lineup, admittedly, but it still influenced Xperia reputation)

Attached: 1555409373601.jpg (800x533, 78K)

anime

Attached: snapshot_21.46.png (1920x1080, 3.33M)

never had any issues myself. sony still has my money.

Attached: 597454.jpg (422x750, 43K)

>headphones
>games

Get the fuck out

>says the people who glorified rice farming

We know they make simple and lasting stuff like cars. But are they the most high tech and potent nowadays?

>The new King is Korea. They are the most innovative little fuckers out there. 5G, OLED etc
forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/04/16/the-american-company-that-samsung-relies-on-for-success/#4b2eaa382718
forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/03/07/why-is-samsung-such-an-innovative-company/#76aec5692ad7

Large Japanese companies always remind of Microsoft under Steve Ballmer. Constantly wasting resources on shit ideas expecting to grab the next big thing for themselves while avoiding to compete in technologies that actually have a bright present and future.